Author Topic: I really hope I'm wrong!!!  (Read 3755 times)

I really hope I'm wrong!!!
« on: October 30, 2014, 02:41:20 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Not much was said about it when Rondo twisted his ankle or knee in the fourth quarter against the nets when he stepped on somebody's foot.

Now I know Rondo is always pretty low key but if any of you saw his after game on court interview you could plainly see there was something wrong.  you could see he was definitely thinking about something other than that interview. he seriously looked like he was worried.  I just hope it wasn't that he knew he did something to that knee he had surgery on.
I guess we will know by Saturday when they play Houston if everything is okay.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:43:16 AM by Fafnir »

Re: I really hope I'm wrong!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 03:27:00 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Not much was said about it when Rondo twisted his ankle or knee in the fourth quarter against the nets when he stepped on somebody's foot.

Now I know Rondo is always pretty low key but if any of you saw his after game on court interview you could plainly see there was something wrong.  you could see he was definitely thinking about something other than that interview. he seriously looked like he was worried.  I just hope it wasn't that he knew he did something to that knee he had surgery on.
Yeah i felt the same way, You can see his heart is not there, maybe some body problem bothers him
Just hope he is alright
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:43:01 AM by Fafnir »

Re: I REALLY HOPE I'M WRONG!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 03:32:22 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Or maybe it was because he was close to a triple double. Would have been an awesome start to a season.

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 04:15:56 AM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 05:54:26 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'm seeing this type of overreaction on every celtics board.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4715358/notebook-rondo-ok-after-knee-bump?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Thank you.

Remind me to give you another TP in an hour.

edit: tp for giving me peace of mind  :D  :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:56:25 AM by pokeKingCurtis »

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 08:32:32 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
He certainly wanted no part of that postgame interview but I'm not sure it was be b/c of his knee.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 08:36:25 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
I thought the same thing when I first saw the interview, he looked very distant like he was really thinking about something, even when his kids approached him while he was walking away. But then hearing his quotes from the locker room,later, was reassuring that it wasn't a big issue.

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 08:50:18 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Yeah i felt the same way, You can see his heart is not there, maybe some body problem bothers him
Just hope he is alright

I was at the game and was looking at him the whole time when that happened. Then he proceeded to steal someone's rebound shortly after and had some burst to the rim. I would like to think this is nothing serious

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 09:31:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It looked bad for a few minutes but I thought it worked itself out.  For a minute or so he was not moving that well, then he had a drive where he looked fine.   I thought he was pulling a PP or Jim Brown where you act hurt then rip your opponent for a nice move.

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 09:42:28 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Given that he ran on it after the fact I wasn't too worried, especially when it didn't come up in the interview.

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 09:49:43 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Yea, but he played on the knee injury for 4/5 minutes, and through that elbow injury too....
Diggles

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 10:02:55 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I was worried at the time, and wanted Stevens to take him out immediately after i saw him limp. However, until I hear that it is causing him to miss practices and games I won't think twice about it.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 10:13:10 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Watching it live, I first thought that he maybe popped something in his knee which scared the living heck out of me.    You see it where guys just pull up lame and it ends up being more serious than it looks. 

However, seeing him hobble up & down the court a couple of times in an attempt to "walk it off" comforted me a bit.  A guy with a torn tendon/muscle probably isn't doing that.  Most likely, you're just walking off the pain from a collision. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 10:45:25 AM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
Have you ever seen a Rondo postgame interview before? If that is what is giving you pause I think you are reading way too much into it.

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 11:32:32 AM »

Offline karimb

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 47
Yeah, I felt the same way. He also seemed to be limping a bit when walking away from the interview.
My portfolio website: www.freshcontrast.com