Author Topic: Oh Crap, how much money will Sully command.  (Read 9707 times)

Re: Oh Crap, how much money will Sully command.
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2014, 10:02:53 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
Jared Sullinger should get $50M/year, easily the best player in the history of the NBA.

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2014, 10:35:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
my point exactly.  Everyone is acting like Monroe wants too much money (12-15 per) and Sully will be on his rookie contract forever.  Dude, Sully is going to want 12 million per season MINIMUM.  Just wait until he averages 16/9 this season.
Monroe is a center. Like, a real one. Sullinger isn't. Also, I haven't seen teams standing in line to throw 12-15 per at Monroe.

If Sullinger averaged 16 and 9, he'd be, for all practical purposes, Ryan Anderson (except that Anderson does some things better, and doesn't come with a chronic back issue and a ton of extra pounds). You know how much Anderson makes? $8.5 million a season.
koz, if you keep insisting upon resorting to facts, data, and reality cb will become a far less entertaining place.  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2014, 10:57:48 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
my point exactly.  Everyone is acting like Monroe wants too much money (12-15 per) and Sully will be on his rookie contract forever.  Dude, Sully is going to want 12 million per season MINIMUM.  Just wait until he averages 16/9 this season.
Monroe is a center. Like, a real one. Sullinger isn't. Also, I haven't seen teams standing in line to throw 12-15 per at Monroe.

If Sullinger averaged 16 and 9, he'd be, for all practical purposes, Ryan Anderson (except that Anderson does some things better, and doesn't come with a chronic back issue and a ton of extra pounds). You know how much Anderson makes? $8.5 million a season.
koz, if you keep insisting upon resorting to facts, data, and reality cb will become a far less entertaining place.  ;)

What facts were presented? Seriously in this blog, you would think that the Celtics have the worst roster in the NBA.

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2014, 01:53:54 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
To be honest it's less about their prospective play then it is about eliminating the Center position from the All Star Lineups -- even if they're posting gaudy stat lines they're competing for the same position in the ASG, assuming they're both still with Boston.

Completely agree with this - neither of them can hang defensively with big centers, and both will struggle at times with low-post defense, especially maybe KO, who is clearly to me a high-post stretch 4.  At some point, the Celts may have to trade one or the other, as you so  have wisely implied.  However, I continue to stand by my original naked assertion.  I see KO making a lot of threes and scoring a lot of points and JS sweeping the boards clean on a consistent basis.  Is it possible that KO can average 17 ppg and JS take down an average of 10 boards a game?  If so, then I think that would be a big step forward for each of them.