Author Topic: Operation Get KG to a Contender  (Read 4343 times)

Re: Operation Get KG to a Contender
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 12:52:26 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Oklahoma City Thunder

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oy54xf9

OKC receives: Garnett
BKN receives: Perkins, 2015 OKC 1st rounder

Jackpot.

What do you guys think? Are there other fits around the league? Let's complete the Big Three's final ride to glory. Ray will likely join a contender midseason, Pierce is on a very competitive Wizards team... it's not right to see KG go out like this.

This trade could be mutually benefitial. KG would have to be playing pretty well to fetch a 1st, and Bkn would have to be getting crushed to convince them to throw in the towel. If I'm OKC I'm desperately looking for a trade of this sort.

OKC has always been a destination I could see for KG easily. I don't think GSW trades both Lee and Barnes for him thought. Also he'd never go to the Raptors.

Trades I could see being made for KG.

OKC as you mention. Perk and a 1st.

The biggest, most realistic and ideal destination for KG would be to go to LAC. He's the veteran "it" presence they need to put them over the top (plus they need s SF.) Reunites with Doc. That could be his ticket to riding off into the sunset with one last hoo-rah. I don't see any way they can get a deal done money wise however, unless they trade Reddick and Barnes which just makes more holes in their starting 5.

Portland: Something like this could work http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kwdjgsq   Nets gets a couple youngsters and expiring. Maybe a pick added in. Portland contends again this year with KG to lead their young core.

Lillard/Blake
Matthews/Barton
Batum/Wright
Aldridge/KG
Lopez/Kaman

It'd be fun seeing him on the Spurs but they'd never break up that unit to get him. Also NOP would be fun but that wouldn't happen. I could see him going to Washington in a deal for Webster, Andre Miller and a pick to reunite with Pierce.

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 06:56:57 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
As a Celtic fan I could care less whether KG ever plays for another contender. He should just finish the season quietly and retire. What a career.
Agreed.  appreciate the title and wish him well but getting him on a contender is his agent's job, not Danny's or ours

I can understand why you'd say this but I never suggested it was the Cs' responsibility to find KG a contender. None of these trades even involve the Celtics. I was being sarcastic about "our" ability to land KG on a good team. Our abilities to do so that I was (again, sarcastically) referring to extend to posting trade proposals that send KG to a contender.

Oklahoma City Thunder

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oy54xf9

OKC receives: Garnett
BKN receives: Perkins, 2015 OKC 1st rounder

Jackpot.

What do you guys think? Are there other fits around the league? Let's complete the Big Three's final ride to glory. Ray will likely join a contender midseason, Pierce is on a very competitive Wizards team... it's not right to see KG go out like this.

This trade could be mutually benefitial. KG would have to be playing pretty well to fetch a 1st, and Bkn would have to be getting crushed to convince them to throw in the towel. If I'm OKC I'm desperately looking for a trade of this sort.

OKC has always been a destination I could see for KG easily. I don't think GSW trades both Lee and Barnes for him thought. Also he'd never go to the Raptors.

Trades I could see being made for KG.

OKC as you mention. Perk and a 1st.

The biggest, most realistic and ideal destination for KG would be to go to LAC. He's the veteran "it" presence they need to put them over the top (plus they need s SF.) Reunites with Doc. That could be his ticket to riding off into the sunset with one last hoo-rah. I don't see any way they can get a deal done money wise however, unless they trade Reddick and Barnes which just makes more holes in their starting 5.

Portland: Something like this could work http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kwdjgsq   Nets gets a couple youngsters and expiring. Maybe a pick added in. Portland contends again this year with KG to lead their young core.

Lillard/Blake
Matthews/Barton
Batum/Wright
Aldridge/KG
Lopez/Kaman

It'd be fun seeing him on the Spurs but they'd never break up that unit to get him. Also NOP would be fun but that wouldn't happen. I could see him going to Washington in a deal for Webster, Andre Miller and a pick to reunite with Pierce.

I think KG for Lee+Barnes is out of the question but I can see Golden State biting if the Nets threw in Teletovic. Wouldn't be surprised to see his stock raise to a legitimate trade chip by midseason if he continues his play from the second half of last season and last night. I think his shooting would fit perfectly with Curry and Thompson, as well as next to Bogut. Ironically, I would start Teletovic and have Speights and Garnett come off the bench.

I don't see Garnett going to LAC for the reasons you mentioned.

I looked at Portland myself and was intrigued with the possibilities. I didn't want to post every hypothetical so to leave the door open for discussion. Nice work with your proposed deal.

I like Garnett on the Spurs myself but unfortunately trading for a $12m expiring (and thus breaking up $12m of talent from their roster) that belongs to a guy who's about to retire is very un-Spurs-like.

NOP is interesting but would they be a contender with Garnett? I'm unsure. They'd certainly be an exciting team.

I still think the OKC deal is the best one. That would be a great, great team.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 07:04:28 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'd rather just see KG retire.  I don't like seeing him look ordinary.