Author Topic: Big test coming up against the Rockets and Dhoward  (Read 15563 times)

Big test coming up against the Rockets and Dhoward
« on: October 29, 2014, 10:44:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Dhoward, Aldridge, Davis, Ibaka , Deandre Jordan/Griffin and against some of the other elite big players are going to be big tests vs the Celts.  We already know we have a chance to beat any team without an elite big

Sullinger, KO and Zeller will have all they can handle vs Dhoward. Just have to prevent him from having his way on the offensive end and prevent him from getting easy putbacks, dunks or offensive rebounds. 

If the Celts can beat the Rockets by slowing down a guy like Dhoward (bring him out on the perimeter on the offensive end) and preventing him from getting easy buckets, offensive rebounds, i say we will be on our way to having a real chance to making the playoffs.

Zeller definitely should see more min the next game. 

Re: Big test coming up against the Rockets and Dhoward
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 10:49:39 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I don't wanna be sober  :(

I want this night to be every night!

I'm guessing Sully and Bass will probably be better at handling the bruisers in the middle than Zeller.

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 10:51:58 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
We got this

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 10:58:42 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
The Rockets is no match to Us!

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 10:59:30 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Good point. Howard is too much for KO to handle but I think Sully can hold his. You're probably right that Zeller gets more mins. Unless he fouls out.

The match up I'm looking forward to is Smart D'ing up Harden.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 11:03:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Good point. Howard is too much for KO to handle but I think Sully can hold his. You're probably right that Zeller gets more mins. Unless he fouls out.

The match up I'm looking forward to is Smart D'ing up Harden.

Really need Zeller to help us out against Dhoward. Just neutralize him . The job will get done If dhoward can only manage 15 points and 10-12 rebounds 

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 11:07:40 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I don't understand why Bass is playing over Zeller.
I thought Doc had come back and was coaching the team.

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 11:36:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
This years Rockets are really good .....but I some how think they have had sizable talent drain .

Gone are Parsons, Asik , Lin

We may give them a serious game this time around.......they destroyed us with old KG , and last years rookie squad.

If we can just hold Howard to to 17 and 15 .........then Let our guards wear on them heavy .....maybe we are close at the end.

We need a Huge game from Zellar

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 11:37:50 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I always hate/love these games because I'm from Houston. Currently still live in Houston so I love my hometown Rockets but I have a love jones for tha Celtics as well, always have. But this game I'm definitely looking forward to. C's can give tha Rockets some fits. Especially against Howard on tha offensive end as tha OP mentioned. Something similar to what we saw in tha Blazers series last year against Aldridge. One matchup I'm definitely interested in seeing is Rondo/Smart against Beverley. He's a hound. I expect Saturday's game to be a good one tho. Go C's!
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 11:40:00 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The Nets had gone small, very small with no C on the court most of the time. No one for Zeller to match up with frequently.

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 11:42:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I always hate/love these games because I'm from Houston. Currently still live in Houston so I love my hometown Rockets but I have a love jones for tha Celtics as well, always have. But this game I'm definitely looking forward to. C's can give tha Rockets some fits. Especially against Howard on tha offensive end as tha OP mentioned. Something similar to what we saw in tha Blazers series last year against Aldridge. One matchup I'm definitely interested in seeing is Rondo/Smart against Beverley. He's a hound. I expect Saturday's game to be a good one tho. Go C's!

it's going to be a tough game. We messed up on the 4th in this game and almost lost it.  Blame has to go on Stevens for putting out Sully and Bass starting the 4th. All Hollins told his guys was to drive into the basket. We couldn't stop them bc Sully nor Bass could bail us out. Then KO, Green, Turner, Smart came in around the 8 minute mark and our defense got much better again.

We need to do a better job in the 4th by playing lock down team defense.  You know teams are going to just mainly attack and drive in. But also we don't have true shot blockers. Last thing you want to do is put Bass and Sully out there

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 11:45:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The Nets had gone small, very small with no C on the court most of the time. No one for Zeller to match up with frequently.

But just like with Doc, why is it that we need to change our lineup to matchup with what the other team is doing out there.

If they go small ball, we need to go small? 

If they go small, sometimes it makes more sense to go big. It could be to our adv. Zeller should of seen more min, especially starting the 4th

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 11:49:27 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

To me, it was good coaching. He wasn't forcing Bass like Doc would, Bass was the way to go. They went small, so we went small and it worked. I expect Z to get good mins Sat if he plays well. I would hope CBS plays the people who are right for the job at the right moments. If that means someone doesn't get mins at times, so be it... it's called adjustments. CBS said before the game, he talked to all the players, some nights you may not play and some you may get short mins but you need to be ready! He's going to use a 10 man rotation during the season. I think most games Vitor, Powell, Young, Pressey and probably Gwall are going to be the odd men out. I'm sure it will depend on opponents and/or injuries.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 11:50:47 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Will be interesting to see how they approach.  This is a team the C's don't match up with up front.

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 11:51:15 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

But just like with Doc, why is it that we need to change our lineup to matchup with what the other team is doing out there.

If they go small ball, we need to go small? 

If they go small, sometimes it makes more sense to go big. It could be to our adv. Zeller should of seen more min, especially starting the 4th

I doubt he would have forced it, he probably would have gone to Zeller if it wasn't working w/ Bass and Green at the 4 at times. Doc would have gone with it no matter how the game was going.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)