Author Topic: Why Would You Want to Trade Anyone on This Team?  (Read 4052 times)

Re: Why Would You Want to Trade Anyone on This Team?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 10:37:16 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
Hilarious thread, well done! It is harder to name players you wouldn't trade on the Celtics haha. In fact, Ainge has been doing nothing but trying to trade most of these players. Of course with the exception of Phil Pressey, Ainge wants to keep him around to prove that you can make the playoffs while having the worst player to ever touch an NBA court on the team.

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 10:40:27 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Pretty tough decision if they keep this up.

Obviously they're pumping up their trade values. Guys like Thornton and Green I say would be good candidates to let go.

But a trade could very well disrupt all the cohesion we have right now.

I'd let them play this season out if I were DA. Even if I lose guys like Thornton and Green for nothing. This chemistry is too valuable.

Edit:

I mean, you have to wonder as well if for the sakes of Stevens it might be good to keep these guys.

Green goggles are probably a far more serious and damaging condition than beer goggles. Hehe.

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 10:41:09 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I am fine trading Wallace, Pressey and Powell...
but think of the team chemistry!!!!!  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 10:41:51 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Hilarious thread, well done! It is harder to name players you wouldn't trade on the Celtics haha. In fact, Ainge has been doing nothing but trying to trade most of these players. Of course with the exception of Phil Pressey, Ainge wants to keep him around to prove that you can make the playoffs while having the worst player to ever touch an NBA court on the team.
melo is back on the celtics??!!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 10:46:45 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If they keep playing together like this, I'd leave this team alone.  Love the teamwork.

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »

Offline TheGreenBrit

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
Rondo, Smart, Olynyk, Bradley, Zeller, Green.

Anyone else I won't lose too much sleep over.

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 08:31:16 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
i'm happy wallace didn't play a second

Bass has to play less min though. Zeller should of played more

I want Wallace and Pressey playing when we are up by 30.  Why risk injuries to the starting players?  These players are capable of limiting the lead change over a 3-5 minute period if that is all they are being asked to do.   

Stevens need to take a page out of Popovich's book and limits minutes for his starters.  Sure, they may lose a few extra games, but it might pay off in the end of the season if they are playoff bound.
Stevens should go deep into the bench when given the opportunity.  Last night he had his first string in when up by 16 and 3 minutes to go.  We don't need that... have faith in the bench.  Our biggest opponent this year won't be the Spurs, it's going to be the injury bug. 

Zeller did look good, but I get the feeling Bass may be the most under-rated player in this preseason and first game.  He seems to have elevated his game.  He's getting loose balls near the basket and putting them in for easy bunnies.  And, his shot has been fairly consistent.

There seems to be a contingency in the this group that feels it is better to trade him for a second round draft pick and salary space.  My guess is this opinion may be based on his performance last year...not this.  He's reminding me a bit of Maxwell getting the ball close to the hoop even though they play a completely different game.

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 09:40:43 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
If they keep playing together like this, I'd leave this team alone.  Love the teamwork.

Yes, I too would like to see exactly what we have here, especially with Rondo back healthy, fit and dynamic.  I don't think Danny can really know how to proceed next without first doing this assessment of this roster.

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 10:00:13 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I agree lets get a system in place under Brad and try to make the playoffs, we aren't getting a top 3 pick anyway
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 10:39:14 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If we have a chance to get better then you might want to make a trade.

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 10:44:22 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Rondo, Smart, Olynyk, Bradley, Zeller, Green.

Anyone else I won't lose too much sleep over.

Green and Zeller are not part of our future IMO.  Something is wrong with Jeff Green.  Zeller is meh.  I also wouldn't be all that upset if we moved Bradley.  They're all likeable, but if a trade can make us better then it should be done.  Smart and Olynyk are the only players on this list that are core players of our future.  Just my two cents.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 10:46:07 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
If we have a chance to get better then you might want to make a trade.
Players play better when they play with better players. 

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 11:47:47 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I know it's only one game, with about 8 minutes to go, but come on, this team has so much energy, is so trusting of one another, has so many guys who can handle the ball, pass the ball, shoot the ball, play pressure defense. Maybe this is the team of the future, without any superstars, but cohesive, and on the same page. 

Now if we can just get 81 more games like this one!!!
Because we need better players. If I wanted to watch "good game, good effort" basketball where talent is limited, I'd pick up the NCAA.

I agree lets get a system in place under Brad and try to make the playoffs, we aren't getting a top 3 pick anyway
The NBA is not a league where you can make the playoffs with a "system" and a bunch of decent players.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."