Poll

Will Kobe be traded now that Randle is done for the year ?

yes
3 (7.1%)
no
39 (92.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Will Kobe be traded now that Randle is done for the year ?  (Read 6209 times)

Re: Will Kobe be traded now that Randle is done for the year ?
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2014, 06:55:35 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
My god.  I just read the news about Randle.   That's a shame for them.  I had a trade offer out for him in one of my fantasy leagues I had to quickly cancel. 

Rondo for Nash's expiring, Randle and a future 1st... who says no?

I do.  I may or may not be Danny Ainge.
Lin's expiring, Nash's expiring, Randle and a future 1st for Rondo and Gerald Wallace... who says no?

Just what the Celtics need; another PF.
I don't think the problem is that Randle is a PF, the problem is that he doesn't have the level of talent that the team needs.

And there's certainly that concern too.

I think Randle has more talent than Sully, but I would agree he doesn't have a ceiling of say, pau gasol.  I'd say his ceiling might be closer to boozer.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2014, 06:59:17 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
My god.  I just read the news about Randle.   That's a shame for them.  I had a trade offer out for him in one of my fantasy leagues I had to quickly cancel. 

Lin's expiring, Nash's expiring, Randle and a future 1st for Rondo and Gerald Wallace... who says no?

I don't think the problem is that Randle is a PF, the problem is that he doesn't have the level of talent that the team needs.

I certainly don't see him as a better option than Sully at the 4, so yeah I can't see that being a plus for that trade.  My opinion is that Randle is going to have to adjust his game a lot to become a good rotation player in the nba.  He just manhandled and outsized a lot of people last year, and that just isn't happening in the nba.  You need skill.

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2014, 07:12:53 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I think Randle has more talent than Sully, but I would agree he doesn't have a ceiling of say, pau gasol.  I'd say his ceiling might be closer to boozer.
Depends what you mean by talent.  If you mean athleticism, Randall has more talent than Bird had.  Sullinger is way more skilled than Randall.

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2014, 07:14:48 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
What I can't even begin to understand is why does Kobe want to stay in LA? He's clearly reaching the end of his career, and needs 1 more ring to tie MJ. Why not demand a trade to a contender (Memphis like the OP suggested; they'd be an instant contender) so he can retire on top?
He would probably rather put up empty numbers on LA than play a role on a contender at this point.

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2014, 07:27:07 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
What I can't even begin to understand is why does Kobe want to stay in LA? He's clearly reaching the end of his career, and needs 1 more ring to tie MJ. Why not demand a trade to a contender (Memphis like the OP suggested; they'd be an instant contender) so he can retire on top?
He would probably rather put up empty numbers on LA than play a role on a contender at this point.

That scoring record is calling to him, I'm sure. But furthermore, there's no way Kobe leaves the Lakers. None. For all of the same reasons that Dirk is never going to leave Dallas and Duncan is never going to leave San Antonio (and, I'd argue, the reason Pierce should've retired with the C's).
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2014, 06:22:32 AM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29

Danny laughs into the phone then hangs up.

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2014, 08:18:17 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Kobe will kill himself .....get hurt again inside 40 games.

Sits out rest of year

Comes back next year to make his big pay check ......fans are happy ...woo hoo ..we have Kobe  ::)

He blows a big kiss to all the idiots in CA......our hero

Rides off into the sun set .

Right now ...sure looks like Smart was the better pick over Randle .

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2014, 09:04:59 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Kobe's me-first attitude combined with his killer contract and a league-wide desire to see the Lakers suffer will keep Kobe in Laker-land.  not to mention he generates that team a lot of revenue and gets them on TV based on his rep alone.

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2014, 09:32:57 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Karma is a female dog.

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2014, 10:19:15 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Randle's injury is irrelevent to the Lakers' prospects this season. He was going to be what, a mediocre rotation player as a rookie? Absolute best-case scenario he might've developed into an average starter over the course of the year. More likely, he would've caused them to lose a couple games while he was getting development minutes and playing god-awful D.