Poll

Will Kobe be traded now that Randle is done for the year ?

yes
3 (7.1%)
no
39 (92.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Will Kobe be traded now that Randle is done for the year ?  (Read 6226 times)

Re: Will Kobe be traded now that Randle is done for the year ?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 03:34:35 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
What I can't even begin to understand is why does Kobe want to stay in LA? He's clearly reaching the end of his career, and needs 1 more ring to tie MJ. Why not demand a trade to a contender (Memphis like the OP suggested; they'd be an instant contender) so he can retire on top?

Because he'd rather stay with the Lakers for his entire career?

Yep. Kobe knows that jumping to a contender does nothing for his legacy. MJ didn't get six rings by ring chasing , they were all for the Bulls

He already won his rings in LA. He's better off staying in LA
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 04:29:18 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Kobe not going anywhere
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 05:05:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Mitch has a HuGE TV contract to look after .......sucking up to those executives is his PRIME objective....meaning he needs to keep the customer happy......which means winning or putting stars on the floor  ....Lakers need a top show......so the TV people can charge their customers for premium  air time.   Kobe is the ONLY star they have or CAN get right now.

They had NO chance of making noise from the get go...nobody wanted to play with Kobe....nobody really wants his whining  tail on their team a this point ....he is terrible teammate ...no Melo , Howard , LeBron , Love , Bosh or any other star.

Mitch only choice was to resign Kobe for mega bucks .   Give the TV people and fans some reason to,tune in....even if he is over the hill as. NBA star.    People still want to see a legion play.

If Mitch really wanted to be competitive , he'd brought in some serious close to star fire power like Mavs did to go with Dirk ..... Instead ...he threw in the towel.....dumped Pau ......and will tank for the best new center. .

Lakers are tanking and Kobe is being PAID to assist them .   Just go out and play for a couple years whlle Lakers get top picks .
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 05:10:57 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 05:28:37 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I say again, even if Kobe would waive his no trade clause to go to contender, and even if the Lakers would trade him, I honestly could not find a trading partner that would make sense for both teams.  The contenders either don't have the contracts or assets required to acquire Kobe and still be a contender and he isn't going to go to a non-contender (and even in those very few have the required pieces, Boston is actually one of the few teams that does).  It will never happen for all of those reasons, so it is silly to talk about.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 05:41:31 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think a trade with NYK centered around Kobe and Amare could be classified at least as possible.  The Knicks with Kobe and Carmelo for two seasons would be a contender, so long as Kobe stays on the court.  I don't see any way that the Lakers become a contender in the next two seasons.

That would give the Lakers all kinds of cap space to take their pick of the top FA for the next couple of seasons.

This is certainly not likely but maybe possible.  I think it would be good for both teams.  Plus don't you think it would p1ss off LeBron just a little?

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 05:43:27 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
Why would Kobe be traded cause Randle is injured, Randle is obviously not that good to affect the decisions made by an NBA GM. However, if the Lakers will trade Kobe I think Olynyk for Kobe and Boozer could work.

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 05:48:38 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Kobe's not going anywhere. 

This season is a lost cause (even before the Randle injury) and the organization knows it.  They're going to bottom out and continue the rebuild next year.  Lowe & others have written about this.  Their cap situation improves dramatically next summer and, if they bottom out, they keep their draft pick.    Kobe's going to be a part of it.  He just has to make it through this season without killing any of his teammates.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 05:51:23 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Not sure I have ever seen a poll here with a unanimous response 22 votes in
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 06:07:40 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
My god.  I just read the news about Randle.   That's a shame for them.  I had a trade offer out for him in one of my fantasy leagues I had to quickly cancel. 

Rondo for Nash's expiring, Randle and a future 1st... who says no?

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2014, 06:09:55 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
My god.  I just read the news about Randle.   That's a shame for them.  I had a trade offer out for him in one of my fantasy leagues I had to quickly cancel. 

I do.  I may or may not be Danny Ainge.

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2014, 06:14:28 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Poor Lakers will only be poor for a short while.  It is THE destination franchise and they don't need luck to turn it around -- all they need is cap space.  Add in some luck, such as a top 5 pick and Randle returning as a productive player next year, and they've begun their short turnaround even before cherry-picking franchise players in free agency.  This past off-season was an aberration -- Lakers will be contenders within 5 years. 

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2014, 06:14:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Lin's expiring, Nash's expiring, Randle and a future 1st for Rondo and Gerald Wallace... who says no?

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2014, 06:16:39 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Lin's expiring, Nash's expiring, Randle and a future 1st for Rondo and Gerald Wallace... who says no?

Just what the Celtics need; another PF.

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 06:21:23 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I don't think the problem is that Randle is a PF, the problem is that he doesn't have the level of talent that the team needs.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2014, 06:30:18 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

I don't think the problem is that Randle is a PF, the problem is that he doesn't have the level of talent that the team needs.

And there's certainly that concern too.