Author Topic: Randle injured, taken off court on stretcher, in 1st game for Lakers  (Read 11545 times)

Re: Randle injured, taken off court on stretcher, in 1st game for Lakers
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 02:11:39 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Who's going to be the first regular poster to propose a trade for Randle in which the Celtics give up very little, based on the premise that Randle is now damaged goods who the Lakers should want to dump?

The bigger question is----Which Team is gonna bend over backwards to help the Lakers out of this mess---?
Someone will take Kobe off their hands...The Knicks---?

That would be a smart move for the lakers if they could stomach it.  I doubt that jim buss would even consider it though.  Kobe brings in the fans and keeps the money rolling regardless of if he has lost a step or they are going to have a historically bad year this year.

Well, I doubt Kobe wants to stick around for 2 years of this...Amare has an Identical Salary (1 year less)---and Kobe/Melo/Phil Jackson...would be interesting.

Kobe and Rondo could be fun, too expensive though.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 02:11:46 AM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Who's going to be the first regular poster to propose a trade for Randle in which the Celtics give up very little, based on the premise that Randle is now damaged goods who the Lakers should want to dump?

The bigger question is----Which Team is gonna bend over backwards to help the Lakers out of this mess---?

That would be a smart move for the lakers if they could stomach it.  I doubt that jim buss would even consider it though.  Kobe brings in the fans and keeps the money rolling regardless of if he has lost a step or they are going to have a historically bad year this year.

Well, I doubt Kobe wants to stick around for 2 years of this...Amare has an Identical Salary (1 year less)---and Kobe/Melo/Phil Jackson...would be interesting.

I don't think Kobe has 2 full years left in him, although he may try.  The kobe/melo/phil thing would be interesting in as much as I would love rooting against the knicks more than I do now.  Less touches for JR Smith (he would probably throw a tantrum) and less minutes for Shump (which removes the only decent defender the knicks have)  Ok I have convinced myself, I am all for it.

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 02:16:11 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 02:18:52 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 02:19:30 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
I'm very surprised they were able to say it was broken so quickly when the Paul George injury remained a "lower leg injury" for hours even when we all clearly saw it break on tv. Also.. For anyone that complained about the celtics not taking him.. well there you go. Hope that just changed your mind.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:25:25 AM by zerophase »

Become Legendary.

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 02:44:19 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Guess it's karma gods punishing Randle for all of his preseason bragging about how good he was and how much he was going to make every team suffer for not picking him.

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 02:49:57 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
lakers owe their pick this year to the suns, but it's top-5 protected... barring a trade, looks like they'll be keeping that pick after all, so bizarrely, this might work out well for them.
who is really worse than them? philly? orlando? maybe milwaukee? they are brutal, i was actually feeling bad for them watching the game tonight, and that was BEFORE randle went down, got to feel sorry for the kid. what a disaster, the lakers are genuinely depressing.
and i don't know that it's going to get better, jim buss is a dolan-type idiot of an owner, he lucked into being born into money, he's impatient, hands-on, and he's not nearly as smart as he thinks he is.
a laker fan friend of mine actually followed jim buss' "career" as a horse breeder back in the 80's, and apparently he was unbelievably awful, he just has no clue of how to run a business, and he's accomplished literally nothing in his life.
not much worse for a fan than having an inept owner, as we c's fans know for the gaston days.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:18:52 AM by kraidstar »

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 03:22:44 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
lakers owe their pick this year to the suns, but it's top-5 protected... barring a trade, looks like they'll be keeping that pick after all!
who is really worse than them? philly? orlando? maybe milwaukee? they are brutal, i was actually feeling bad for them watching the game tonight, and that was before randle went down. what a disaster.
and i don't know that it's going to get better, jim buss is a dolan-type idiot of an owner, he lucked into being born into money, he's impatient, hands-on, and he's not nearly as smart as he thinks he is.
a laker fan friend of mine actually followed jim buss' "career" as a horse breeder back in the 80's, and apparently he was unbelievably awful, he just has no clue of how to run a business, and he's accomplished literally nothing in his life.

There's a real chance we're still worse than them this year. One point I'll concede to the optimists is that Sullinger and Bradley are at that "next step" level. If one or both of them takes that next step this year, we could be a radically different team. Or not. And if neither of them do, we're definitely not better than the Lakers, which is sad to say.

Losing Randle sounds like a huge deal, and certainly for Randle and his development, it is. In terms of wins for this Lakers team however, it's really not. He was, at best, going to match Boozer's production this year, and they still have him. Realistically though, he would have played behind Boozer and been an above average third big for them this year, something like 8 ppg/8 rpg. Not having that on a team that was already awful probably results in one or two less wins. Not that big of a difference.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 04:08:37 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Now the Lakers are gonna win the lottery and draft their next great center. This sucks! 
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2014, 04:14:51 AM »

Offline 255 Rings

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
lakers owe their pick this year to the suns, but it's top-5 protected... barring a trade, looks like they'll be keeping that pick after all!
who is really worse than them? philly? orlando? maybe milwaukee? they are brutal, i was actually feeling bad for them watching the game tonight, and that was before randle went down. what a disaster.

There's a real chance we're still worse than them this year. One point I'll concede to the optimists is that Sullinger and Bradley are at that "next step" level. If one or both of them takes that next step this year, we could be a radically different team. Or not. And if neither of them do, we're definitely not better than the Lakers, which is sad to say.

Losing Randle sounds like a huge deal, and certainly for Randle and his development, it is. In terms of wins for this Lakers team however, it's really not. He was, at best, going to match Boozer's production this year, and they still have him. Realistically though, he would have played behind Boozer and been an above average third big for them this year, something like 8 ppg/8 rpg. Not having that on a team that was already awful probably results in one or two less wins. Not that big of a difference.

Yes we're probably worse than them on paper, but come on we have a MUCH MORE brighter future than they do! Anyone forgets who brought those 10 trophies to the Forum/Staples Center? It was the late Jerry Buss, not his idiot son or cocky daughter who seem to be total dimwits in terms of building a team. Danny Ainge, aside from Red Aurbach, is the only GM in our rich history to bring a title. This is where we have a clear advantage. The Lakers can get the #1 pick because the league probably will feel for them and gift-wrap it to them, but for them is more than just getting lottery picks. They need good players at basically every position. Lin couldn't crack the rotation in Houston and rode the bench while being overpaid; he's an average back-up PG at best that got hot at the right time with his whole "Linsanity" shenanigan. There's a reason Chicago amnestied Boozer and NO ONE poked his way, not even with a stick! Jordan Hill is a bench Center and injury-prone, they lost Randle to a broken leg. Jordan Clarkson doesn't seem to carry that 'stud' label and as the rest of their squad: Bums like Swaggy P (****!) and Robert Sacre (Double ****!). Lakers are really trash it's embarassing. They hired a coach with a losing record just to appease Kobe and are on a unresolved gap between rebuilding and retooling. At this rate all the Lakers could sell is their history and glamorous LA lifestyle, but no right person will bolt there if they see the FO performing the way they are. I wouldn't be surprised if they sink lower in the standings and nab a top 3 pick, and I really don't care because the league will never allow their Laker darlings to struggle for long, so let's enjoy them sucking while we can! Get well Randle!

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2014, 04:17:48 AM »

Offline 255 Rings

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
Now the Lakers are gonna win the lottery and draft their next great center. This sucks!

I could totally see this. They lose Dwight Howard and realize their mortality. Only to be revived by the franchise-changing player in the 2015 Draft. Making me mad already!

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2014, 07:04:32 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Yup ...they are destined to get the 1 or 2 lottery pick........

But honestly ......they really suck bad .......keeping Kobe as TV contract entertainment for a stupid amount of money ,  ditching Pau ,  all signs of Mitch running up the white flag .

Tank City.

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2014, 07:12:22 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I don't see how the Celtics could be worse than the Lakers this season.  Our roster looks twice as good as theirs, which still isn't very good.  The Lakers have very little talent.  The core right now is old Kobe, old Boozer, and Lin.  That's pretty bad.

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 08:12:55 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I don't see how the Celtics could be worse than the Lakers this season.  Our roster looks twice as good as theirs, which still isn't very good.  The Lakers have very little talent.  The core right now is old Kobe, old Boozer, and Lin.  That's pretty bad.

I agree.  That team is now a D league team featuring 36 year old has been star. Who most likely be injured again before the tenth game of the season. 

But this ....us the result of the NBA tuff rules .....making rebuilding though The draft practically only way to rebuild.  In the old days ....you could buy a team .....put out the money to get who you wanted.

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2014, 08:15:43 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Kobe and Rondo could be fun, too expensive though.

I say wait til the trade deadline when the Lakers have officially given up on the season and offer Bradley, Green, Wallace and Sullinger for Kobe.

Why not?

Worse that happens is the Lakers say no.

I know alot of Celtics fans hate Kobe but imagine what great fodder for conversation that would be.

Also, a big turning point in the Celtics/Lakers "rivalry" (though it really hasn't been a rivarly in like 30 years, except for '08 and '10.)