Author Topic: how we could get anthoney davis and keep rondo  (Read 7430 times)

Re: how we could get anthoney davis and keep rondo
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2014, 06:57:59 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I'm going to give Hawkeye a TP every time he starts a thread. The unintentional comedy is worth their weight in TP's!

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2014, 07:14:22 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Goodness, Anderson's bounced around in the league for so long that you forget he only just turned 26 years old this year.

Really? He's played for 3 teams in his career and has been on only 2 teams the last 6 seasons.

He's been rather unceremoniously traded by his previous two teams.  He was a throw in for the Vince Carter trade and then Orlando didn't want him anymore after Dwight left, so they signed and traded him to New Orleans for Gustavo Ayon... a third-stringer who's not even in the league anymore.

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2014, 07:36:29 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
This is a good trade. Let's make it then flip Jeff Green, a 2nd round pick, and a sandwich for Lebron, Irving, and Love

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2014, 07:36:39 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Goodness, Anderson's bounced around in the league for so long that you forget he only just turned 26 years old this year.

Really? He's played for 3 teams in his career and has been on only 2 teams the last 6 seasons.

He's been rather unceremoniously traded by his previous two teams.  He was a throw in for the Vince Carter trade and then Orlando didn't want him anymore after Dwight left, so they signed and traded him to New Orleans for Gustavo Ayon... a third-stringer who's not even in the league anymore.

That's incorrect. It was a S&T and NO paid him more than Orlando would, which was nearly 9M per for 4 years. Magic didn't match and instead received Ayon and a trade exception.

This is what Cleveland received from Miami for James, which hardly adequate value:

Two first-round picks, that must be used starting in 2013 and ending by 2017
2012 second-round pick Miami received from New Orleans
Future second-round pick Heat acquired from Oklahoma City
Cleveland can also swap first round picks with the Heat in 2012

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2014, 07:37:47 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This is a good trade. Let's make it then flip Jeff Green, a 2nd round pick, and a sandwich for Lebron, Irving, and Love

Boston hangs up the phone, that sandwich has way too much upside to give up.

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2014, 07:45:30 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Too much for the Celtics. Wallace for Davis and picks. /s

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2014, 07:46:10 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff

That's incorrect. It was a S&T and NO paid him more than Orlando would, which was nearly 9M per for 4 years. Magic didn't match and instead received Ayon and a trade exception.

This is what Cleveland received from Miami for James, which hardly adequate value:

I mean, you literally reaffirmed my argument.  The Magic didn't want him enough to keep him at that price, so they signed and traded him.  I'm not sure how you're refuting my point that he's bounced around the league.  I think anyone who's been on three teams in six seasons qualifies as having bounced around the league.

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2014, 07:58:38 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
edit

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2014, 08:47:44 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

I mean, you literally reaffirmed my argument.  The Magic didn't want him enough to keep him at that price, so they signed and traded him.  I'm not sure how you're refuting my point that he's bounced around the league.  I think anyone who's been on three teams in six seasons qualifies as having bounced around the league.

The Magic were no longer in contention, so paying him that much wouldn't be wise. He's played for 2 teams in 6 seasons. That's hardly a journeyman. If 2 teams in 6 years is considered bouncing around the league, then 95% of the players in the league have bounced around the league.

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2014, 10:51:15 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
Who said anything about him being a journeyman?  You're reading way too deeply into my post.  He played for three teams in his first six seasons is my only point.  I consider that bouncing around the league.

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2014, 10:53:44 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Somehow I don't think New Orleans goes for it.

Brandon Bass for Anthony Davis would have worked a few days ago when the trade yielded +33 wins for both teams on the trade machine.