Author Topic: NBA Season 2014-2015  (Read 347351 times)

Re: NBA Season 2014-2015
« Reply #1695 on: April 02, 2015, 12:14:39 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
I think the Clippers have become my least favorite team in the NBA this season. I really can't stand them. They are such cry babies.

« Reply #1696 on: April 02, 2015, 07:04:58 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Love is sitting versus the Heat tonight, and Lebron has recently said that a Miami/Cleveland matchup in the first round would be great for the league...

If they come out and lose to the Heat tonight helping them maintain that 7th seed, that's going to look super suspicious from a league corruption standpoint. That series would be GOLD for the league, and it'd just fit perfectly into this narrative that they're trying to build: Lebron going home, redemption, beats his old team, etc...

« Reply #1697 on: April 02, 2015, 07:17:06 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Love is sitting versus the Heat tonight, and Lebron has recently said that a Miami/Cleveland matchup in the first round would be great for the league...

If they come out and lose to the Heat tonight helping them maintain that 7th seed, that's going to look super suspicious from a league corruption standpoint. That series would be GOLD for the league, and it'd just fit perfectly into this narrative that they're trying to build: Lebron going home, redemption, beats his old team, etc...

I am totally on board with a lot of conspiracy related themes about the NBA. Specifically, I do think that certain teams get favored by the refs in certain situations (perhaps this is changing under Silver) and that the games are called very strangely sometimes. However, I don't think that I can sign off on this one.

1) Even if Lebron says that he would like to play the heat, he definitely would prefer to play a less talented team like the Celtics in the first round (and would never in a million years want to risk having a close series against his former team). It is also possible if anyone, the Heat would play him a little better than other teams because they have played against him every day for 4 years and know his tendencies. Lebron has also taken the path of least resistance many times in his career so tough to see him ever choosing a tougher matchup.

2) There are way too many moving parts. If it was the last day of the season and a win set the matchup, you could maybe stretch the argument if you don't agree with point 1, but with 5 teams competing for 3 spots and Cleveland still needing a few wins to lock up the 2 seed I don't think you can say tonight's game even makes a matchup more likely.

All that being said I don't know what to even root for. It is really hard for me to ever root for Lebron, but obviously want the Heat to lose. Might just hope for a tie and some injuries.

« Reply #1698 on: April 02, 2015, 07:37:47 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

I am totally on board with a lot of conspiracy related themes about the NBA. Specifically, I do think that certain teams get favored by the refs in certain situations (perhaps this is changing under Silver) and that the games are called very strangely sometimes. However, I don't think that I can sign off on this one.

1) Even if Lebron says that he would like to play the heat, he definitely would prefer to play a less talented team like the Celtics in the first round (and would never in a million years want to risk having a close series against his former team). It is also possible if anyone, the Heat would play him a little better than other teams because they have played against him every day for 4 years and know his tendencies. Lebron has also taken the path of least resistance many times in his career so tough to see him ever choosing a tougher matchup.

2) There are way too many moving parts. If it was the last day of the season and a win set the matchup, you could maybe stretch the argument if you don't agree with point 1, but with 5 teams competing for 3 spots and Cleveland still needing a few wins to lock up the 2 seed I don't think you can say tonight's game even makes a matchup more likely.

All that being said I don't know what to even root for. It is really hard for me to ever root for Lebron, but obviously want the Heat to lose. Might just hope for a tie and some injuries.

Another thing just to strengthen your points even further: ESPN redid their website as everyone has probably seen and it now lists the current Stubhub! ticket prices for the games.  Tonight's Heat vs Cavs game is by far the most expensive ticket for the rest of the season and was at about $160 this morning and is currently sitting at $248 with only 4 tickets available.  The ratings for that would be gangbusters and I'm sure the league's marketing department is very aware of this fact.

For reference, tonight's Rockets v Mavs game has 163 tickets available for $29 and the Suns Warrios game has 139 available for $58.  More comically, tomorrow's Hornets v Pacers game in Indy has 1,354 tickets available and they start at $10.

« Reply #1699 on: April 02, 2015, 08:24:28 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Yeah, I would also agree that the Heat are the worst matchup for them compared to us and Brooklyn.

I think you want Cleveland to win, even as much as that blows for a C's fan. I'm extremely worried about Brooklyn, and having another spot in the playoffs up for grabs would only help us.

« Reply #1700 on: April 02, 2015, 08:35:43 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Anybody else watching this Heat / Cavs game?  It's looking pretty close although the Cavs are starting to rally

« Reply #1701 on: April 02, 2015, 08:56:05 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
was briefly checking in on this game on gamecast, looks like the heat just don't have the horses to keep up. I for the life of me don't really understand what the heat are trying to do at the moment. They got Wade getting emergency procedures to stay on court, dragic, deng and whiteside in and out of the lineup with injuries and are clearly without bosh. All it is going to get them at best is a 5 games series versus the Hawks or Cavs and it costs them a top 10 pick in a deep draft.

I would be pretty livid if I were a heat fan, or if the Celtics were doing this and they were going to lose their draft pick altogether.

« Reply #1702 on: April 02, 2015, 09:00:56 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I think the Clippers have become my least favorite team in the NBA this season. I really can't stand them. They are such cry babies.

1000%

They've been the loudest team in the league (both towards the refs and the other team) for a couple years now, despite winning absolutely nothing.  In reality, they're just punks.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #1703 on: April 02, 2015, 09:04:08 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Oh boy, Wade just did the splits and stayed on the ground for quite a while. Looked baaaadddddddd.

« Reply #1704 on: April 02, 2015, 09:05:40 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

1000%

They've been the loudest team in the league (both towards the refs and the other team) for a couple years now, despite winning absolutely nothing.  In reality, they're just punks.

Same here. I absolutely cannot stand Griffin and Paul. They're soft floppers who complain about everything when they get everything handed to them by the refs. I like DJ though.

« Reply #1705 on: April 03, 2015, 01:58:09 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
It sucks that Miami holds the tiebreaker.

« Reply #1706 on: April 03, 2015, 11:14:04 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

So are you now at peace that there's no conspiracy? Lol
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #1707 on: April 03, 2015, 11:45:15 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43

1000%

Same here. I absolutely cannot stand Griffin and Paul. They're soft floppers who complain about everything when they get everything handed to them by the refs. I like DJ though.
Chris Paul makes things 10x worse for me. He is a transcendent talent as a PG, and I feel like I should be enjoying every moment I get to see him play. But he's such a dirty, underhanded, entitled whiner that instead I spend the whole game hoping someone elbows him in the face.

Agree on DeAndre. I like him.  I used to like Mario Rivera in spite of hating the Yankees back in the day too. But Doc, Paul, Blake, and Matt Barnes (and the pick they owe us) make the Clips public enemy #1 for me this season!

« Reply #1708 on: April 03, 2015, 12:54:27 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

So are you now at peace that there's no conspiracy? Lol

Yes lol DWade even got hurt during the game, so that was like the cherry on top! Lol

« Reply #1709 on: April 03, 2015, 02:21:09 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
If Indiana can beat Charlotte tonight, I think that would pretty much rule both Indiana and Charlotte out of the playoff race. That would leave the 7th and 8th seeds solely to Brooklyn, Miami, and Boston.