Author Topic: NBA Season 2014-2015  (Read 347051 times)

Re: NBA Season 2014-2015
« Reply #1635 on: March 24, 2015, 04:02:10 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Yea I have said this in other threads, but if you are seriously rooting for the Lakers to give the 6th or 7th pick to the 76ers you are not rooting for the Celtics best interests. We play Philly 4 times a year, they are in our division and we would be playing them every year in the playoffs potentially a few years down the line when all of our younger players are in their primes. The only way the Lakers impact us is two games a year and if we happen to make the finals. If we make the finals I would worry about their team then. When you take that all into account, it is pretty much a no brainer that we don't want Philly getting an extra huge asset.

I am not worried about Philadelphia getting in the Celtics way in the least. Give the Sixers a half dozen top 10 picks and I bet they still screw it up, it's kind of what they do. Besides, I trust Ainge to build this team back to being competitive far more than Hinkle, who has proven absolutely nothing as a GM, other than that he is good at tanking.

On top of that, I am not worried about the Sixers winning any titles. If they do, good for them. Long way to go to catch the Celtics though. Which is the exact reason I would rather see Philadelphia get the Lakers pick, I don't want to see the Lakers acquire any assets that would help build a new title contender in LA. I am much more worried about the Lakers passing the Celtics in number of titles.

That would be a sad day, and a day I hope I never see.

I endorse this thinking.  Not to mention that having, say, the 5th and 7th or 4th and 6th pick in a draft means you've got to pay both of those guys at the same time and both will be looking for big bucks, assuming they're not busts.

That's also a problem Boston could be looking at, depending on where out 837 picks end up.

Mike

« Reply #1636 on: March 24, 2015, 04:14:48 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Yea I have said this in other threads, but if you are seriously rooting for the Lakers to give the 6th or 7th pick to the 76ers you are not rooting for the Celtics best interests. We play Philly 4 times a year, they are in our division and we would be playing them every year in the playoffs potentially a few years down the line when all of our younger players are in their primes. The only way the Lakers impact us is two games a year and if we happen to make the finals. If we make the finals I would worry about their team then. When you take that all into account, it is pretty much a no brainer that we don't want Philly getting an extra huge asset.

I am not worried about Philadelphia getting in the Celtics way in the least. Give the Sixers a half dozen top 10 picks and I bet they still screw it up, it's kind of what they do. Besides, I trust Ainge to build this team back to being competitive far more than Hinkle, who has proven absolutely nothing as a GM, other than that he is good at tanking.

On top of that, I am not worried about the Sixers winning any titles. If they do, good for them. Long way to go to catch the Celtics though. Which is the exact reason I would rather see Philadelphia get the Lakers pick, I don't want to see the Lakers acquire any assets that would help build a new title contender in LA. I am much more worried about the Lakers passing the Celtics in number of titles.

That would be a sad day, and a day I hope I never see.

I endorse this thinking.  Not to mention that having, say, the 5th and 7th or 4th and 6th pick in a draft means you've got to pay both of those guys at the same time and both will be looking for big bucks, assuming they're not busts.

That's also a problem Boston could be looking at, depending on where out 837 picks end up.

Mike

IDK I kinda put that in the 'Good problem to have' category. That's like saying you wouldn't want to be OKC because they let Harden go.

« Reply #1637 on: March 24, 2015, 10:42:18 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
Miami got beat on the buzzer! What a comeback! Middleton for the win!
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #1638 on: March 24, 2015, 10:49:42 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Miami got beat on the buzzer! What a comeback! Middleton for the win!

I yelled in excitement!! Not only was I happy bc I like the Bucks but Wade was put on his butt (truly accidental) and we get closer to Mia in the playoff race!! Woohoo!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #1639 on: March 24, 2015, 11:16:30 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Jordan Hill (tanking) and Carlos Boozer (tanking) may not be in the rotation vs. the Thunder on Tuesday according to Lakers beat writer Mike Trudell. 6 hours ago Rotoworld

They say the players and coach don't tank but that's very debatable with some, most notably Byron Scott. Luckily for them he has the cover of being simply extremely incompetent to hide the fact he's in on the tank.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #1640 on: March 25, 2015, 03:37:32 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #1641 on: March 25, 2015, 03:24:51 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Ahhh awful timing for the Rockets.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
?@WojYahooNBA
Source: Houston guard Patrick Beverley has a torn ligament in his wrist and next step will be determined after an evaluation in 7-10 days.

« Reply #1642 on: March 25, 2015, 05:33:29 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Toronto can clinch their second straight Atlantic Division title and postseason appearance tonight if they beat the Bulls and the Celtics (or Hornets respectively) lose.

Let's go Celtics!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1643 on: March 25, 2015, 05:38:29 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Teams I'm rooting for tonight to win: Celtics, Raptors, Washington, Brooklyn and Lakers.

;D

« Reply #1644 on: March 25, 2015, 05:56:16 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Ahhh awful timing for the Rockets.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
?@WojYahooNBA
Source: Houston guard Patrick Beverley has a torn ligament in his wrist and next step will be determined after an evaluation in 7-10 days.

I don't like seeing guys get hurt, but I can't bring myself to feel bad for any team with Dwight Howard on it.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1645 on: March 26, 2015, 11:12:29 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Milwaukee beats Indiana. While that puts the 6th seed out of reach it also pushes the Pacers back!

« Reply #1646 on: March 26, 2015, 11:17:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Milwaukee beats Indiana. While that puts the 6th seed out of reach it also pushes the Pacers back!

Very good for us. I never thought we'd get to 6 anyways. Honestly, I think it's just a race between Boston and Charlotte for that last seed now.

« Reply #1647 on: March 26, 2015, 11:32:06 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Cleveland at Brooklyn tomorrow

Charlotte at Washington tomorrow

Boston at New York tomorrow...

By this time tomorrow we should be up 1-1.5 games on Indy, Charlotte, and Brooklyn.

« Reply #1648 on: March 26, 2015, 11:44:31 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Cleveland at Brooklyn tomorrow

Charlotte at Washington tomorrow

Boston at New York tomorrow...

By this time tomorrow we should be up 1-1.5 games on Indy, Charlotte, and Brooklyn.

Hopefully Cavs and Wiz don't have a let down game. More importantly, Celtics better do their job tomorrow!

« Reply #1649 on: March 28, 2015, 03:40:47 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Hawks at Charlotte tonight. Hopefully they can make them two games back of us, because they scare me the most of anyone we're competing against.