Author Topic: NBA Season 2014-2015  (Read 346541 times)

Re: NBA Season 2014-2015
« Reply #1155 on: January 28, 2015, 11:03:07 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Not to absolve Rondo of his deficiencies, but the Mavs were almost certainly going to regress on offense from their amazing seasonal opener.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #1156 on: January 28, 2015, 11:04:24 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
No playoff Rondo drama

He was abysmal offensively, but he did play excellent D on Harden. That's the scary part for the Mavs, Rondo actually seems engaged and the results are lackluster.

And it's his fault or someone elses?

« Reply #1157 on: January 28, 2015, 11:05:10 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
"Dallas lost....nice! OKC had Knicks tonight they can make up a little ground...<scrolls down>......"Oh what the hell..."

Ditto, lol. ;D

« Reply #1158 on: January 28, 2015, 11:08:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
No playoff Rondo drama

He was abysmal offensively, but he did play excellent D on Harden. That's the scary part for the Mavs, Rondo actually seems engaged and the results are lackluster.

Offensively speaking, he was awful.

« Reply #1159 on: January 28, 2015, 11:16:00 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
No playoff Rondo drama

This is the fairest assessment I've seen you give lol. Anyway, regardless of how hard he's trying on D, and how much it helps them, he's so bad offensively that he's screwing them up more. I'm trying to figure out what happened. He's never been good, but now he's so bad you can barely keep on the court.

The problem is that Dallas is at it's best when Ellis is handling the ball. So having Rondo with the ball takes that element away because Ellis isn't good off the ball either (although not to Rondo's level).  Then if Ellis is indeed facilitating offense, Rondo completely kills your spacing. The best remedy is to limit Rondo's minutes and/or have him play as little alongside Ellis as possible.

« Reply #1160 on: January 28, 2015, 11:20:40 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
No playoff Rondo drama

what was rondo's performance tonight? zero points, 0 for 7 shooting, 5 turn overs. the loss is a team responsibility. that line is rondo's.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1161 on: January 28, 2015, 11:31:03 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
No playoff Rondo drama

This is the fairest assessment I've seen you give lol. Anyway, regardless of how hard he's trying on D, and how much it helps them, he's so bad offensively that he's screwing them up more. I'm trying to figure out what happened. He's never been good, but now he's so bad you can barely keep on the court.

The problem is that Dallas is at it's best when Ellis is handling the ball. So having Rondo with the ball takes that element away because Ellis isn't good off the ball either (although not to Rondo's level).  Then if Ellis is indeed facilitating offense, Rondo completely kills your spacing. The best remedy is to limit Rondo's minutes and/or have him play as little alongside Ellis as possible.
I thought between Dirk and Parsons, and Ellis who's okay - not good at the 3, they could mitigate the Rondo effect. I know Carlisle staggers minutes, and tries to pair Rondo with Barea or Harris. The other problem is that their bench was destroyed by the trade.

Guess we'll have to see. Not looking good though. First time losing 4 games.

« Reply #1162 on: January 29, 2015, 07:15:36 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So, I feel DeMarcus Cousins got snubbed in the West All Star selection. I think he should have went over Tim Duncan.

Damian Lillard wasn't chosen either, the TNT guys are arguing that he should go over Chris Paul. That's a tough debate for me but sure. But DMC, man. That's a snub.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #1163 on: January 29, 2015, 07:16:29 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Games played between teams currently over .500

Half a season left.   Atlanta,  GSW doin good.

« Reply #1164 on: January 29, 2015, 07:33:42 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

« Reply #1165 on: January 29, 2015, 08:02:25 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
No playoff Rondo drama

I think their problem is mostly due to the bad bench especially the lack of a backup center for Chandler. That and they struggle to rebound the ball often.

« Reply #1166 on: January 29, 2015, 08:29:56 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
No playoff Rondo drama

I think their problem is mostly due to the bad bench especially the lack of a backup center for Chandler. That and they struggle to rebound the ball often.

I agree that the lack of depth is a major problem.  They are no doubt banking on buyout season.  However, I think their struggles post-trade put into question the strategy of achieving a balance between offense and defense.  I think they may regret not pushing their offensive advantage to the extreme instead.

« Reply #1167 on: January 29, 2015, 09:05:40 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
So, I feel DeMarcus Cousins got snubbed in the West All Star selection. I think he should have went over Tim Duncan.

Damian Lillard wasn't chosen either, the TNT guys are arguing that he should go over Chris Paul. That's a tough debate for me but sure. But DMC, man. That's a snub.

I agree but on the other hand I have a hard time begrudging Duncan a lifetime achievement selection, especially after winning another ring, and with DMC on a losing team.

But remember Kobe hasn't been replaced yet - I bet DMC or Lillard will get tapped for that.

« Reply #1168 on: January 29, 2015, 09:22:55 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
JAVALE MCGEE is in the building!

« Reply #1169 on: January 29, 2015, 09:46:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I agree but on the other hand I have a hard time begrudging Duncan a lifetime achievement selection, especially after winning another ring, and with DMC on a losing team.

But remember Kobe hasn't been replaced yet - I bet DMC or Lillard will get tapped for that.

I think they should expand rosters by one, giving each conference a "sentimental" choice. 

DMC is having a historically dominant season statistically.  KG is the only guy in the past 15 years to have a stat line similar to DMC's in terms of PPG, RPG, BPG, and SPG.  Take out the steals, and we're still only talking about Shaq, Duncan, KG, and Cousins.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes