Author Topic: NBA Season 2014-2015  (Read 347005 times)

Re: NBA Season 2014-2015
« Reply #765 on: December 22, 2014, 10:53:34 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Boy, these Mavericks announcers aren't biased by any means  ::) Carroll was going after the ball clearly with no excessive contact, and they're making it out to be that he tackled him lol

Dude, all announcers are biased, and we have the best one of all time (not that I'm complaining, lol.)!  Well, in the modern era, anyway, because I think that Johnny Most would still hold that title if he was doing games today.  Who are their commentators?  From the game in Dallas I only remember Derek Harper, who I'm sure is the color guy, but iirc, there are two more guys in the booth, so to speak, and another on the sidelines.

Well Tommy might be the biggest homer in the league, but Gorman is really neutral in his analysis and play-by-play announcing. I kind of expect the color commentator to be a homer and biased, but even their play-by-play guy is all over the Mavs' nuts.

I know.  Mike and Tommy are the gold standard, quite honestly.  I love Gorman.  Last game he said that Wiggins looked like Bambi out there, lol. ;D

« Reply #766 on: December 22, 2014, 11:02:18 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I think that this is a captain obvious statement, but is Atlanta not the surprise of the league this year?  Is it their schedule, or are they really that good?  I honestly thought that they would be a lot worse after Smith left, and Joe Johnson was traded the year before.  Lol at this article, btw, which is sarcastic. -

If any NBA general manager out there wants to re-create the magic that was the former Atlanta Hawks, now is the opportunity.

The Detroit Pistons were so fed up with the enormously talented but unfortunately pig-headed Josh Smith that they released the former Hawks’ forward Monday with nearly $40 million left on his contract. Detroit, one of the few teams interested in Smith after the Hawks chose not to re-sign him, gave the power forward a four-year, $54 million contract in 2013. So they’re still obligated to the remainder of his annual $13.5 million salary this season, as well as two more.

The Pistons can blame Joe Dumars, their former president of basketball operations, for this mess. His replacement, coach and relative general manager Stan Van Gundy, clashed with Smith immediately. But the team’s decision to eat the contract is stunning.

Van Gundy said, “In fairness to Josh, being a highly versatile 10-year veteran in this league, we feel it’s best to give him his freedom to move forward.  We have full respect for Josh as a player and a person.”

Of course he respects Josh. That’s why he dumped him.

I guess honesty was out of the question.

Smith is a wonderfully talented player who had the ability to dominate at both ends of the court. It was a bonus for the Hawks that Smith was from Atlanta. So they put up with him for nine seasons, waiting and hoping he would change.

The Pistons couldn’t make it through two, realizing he wouldn’t.

Before you ask: No, the Hawks will not be interested.

Who would take Smith? The talent-starved Los Angeles Lakers would seem like a possibility. Possibly so would the New York Knicks because, well, they’re the New York Knicks.

How about Brooklyn? Oh wait, they’ve already got problems. The Nets have the league’s highest payroll at more than $91.2 million but a record of only 11-18 to show for it. (Comparison: The 19-7 Hawks are at about $59.9 million) Brooklyn reportedly is looking to clean house and have made Joe Johnson, Deron Williams and Brook Lopez available in trade.

Johnson remains a solid player, even if he’s on the backside of his career, and leads Brooklyn in scoring at 16.3 points per game. But he’s absurdly overpaid, the result of the decision by Hawks’ ownership and former general manager Rick Sund to give him a max contract. Johnson is the NBA’s third highest paid player this season at $23.18  million and he’s due $24,894 million next season.

So how about it, Hawks’ fans? Ready for Joe and Josh show again?

Kidding.

http://jeffschultz.blog.ajc.com/2014/12/22/hey-hawks-heres-your-chance-to-get-josh-and-joe-back/

Stop, lol. ;D

« Reply #767 on: December 22, 2014, 11:04:01 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
How did Rondo end up with 11 assists?  Did someone finally make a shot, lol? ;D

« Reply #768 on: December 22, 2014, 11:08:05 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Nice win Atlanta.  26 assists w/Schroder, Scott @ pg.

Lead the league in assists without an elite playmaker.

« Reply #769 on: December 22, 2014, 11:12:56 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
The way RR played in this 4th has me a little p---ed. It has nothing to do with the great players Dallas has either b/c they were a NO SHOW! RR was doing everything in the 4th pretty much single-handed, he was trying to will that victory and almost did!

I'm seriously p---ed at the 4th quarter efforts he gave this season for us. No way in hell you give us p--- poor effort in the 4th almost all of our games and all of a sudden find your 4th Q game/effort 3 days in Dallas.

Nah, frick that, here I was defending you and hating the trade when all the while you were coasting until we shipped you out, while all of our young guys had to follow you? COMPLETE BS!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #770 on: December 22, 2014, 11:14:07 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
17 off the bench for C.J. McCollum in 27 minutes tonight.  I wish he'd get consistent playing time.  He can't be their 3rd guard?

« Reply #771 on: December 22, 2014, 11:17:07 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I wonder if Danny was ever interested in trading for Harden.

« Reply #772 on: December 22, 2014, 11:18:05 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Allegedly he tried for Harden instead of Green with the Perk trade.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #773 on: December 22, 2014, 11:23:24 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
It's funny how the Dallas fans are now arguing over Rondo. 2 games in and they're already complaining about his shooting, scoring, defense, and holding the ball. It's like bizarro world from Seinfield, all they need is a BballJim to start making ridiculous posts and bring up things that happened from 2012 and older.

« Reply #774 on: December 22, 2014, 11:25:34 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

This is disappointing news. I was looking back and I was somewhat surprised at how many teams actively wanted him. Maybe I just forgot.

« Reply #775 on: December 22, 2014, 11:33:44 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
It's funny how the Dallas fans are now arguing over Rondo. 2 games in and they're already complaining about his shooting, scoring, defense, and holding the ball. It's like bizarro world from Seinfield, all they need is a BballJim to start making ridiculous posts and bring up things that happened from 2012 and older.

And all that's left is to have people make hyperbolic statements on how rondo is useless and he is now the Reggie Evans of point guards

« Reply #776 on: December 22, 2014, 11:45:49 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

And all that's left is to have people make hyperbolic statements on how rondo is useless and he is now the Reggie Evans of point guards

That would be awesome too although I wouldn't call Rondo useless. He's a great passer who's allergic to hitting shots.

Rondo singlehandidly dividing fanbases as already the infighting has started between those blaming him and protecting him.

« Reply #777 on: December 22, 2014, 11:55:19 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44

That would be awesome too although I wouldn't call Rondo useless. He's a great passer who's allergic to hitting shots.

Rondo singlehandidly dividing fanbases as already the infighting has started between those blaming him and protecting him.

Mavs commentators were gushing over his highlight plays (bounce passes, steals) and completely ignored his awful defense on Schroder. 

The same Rondo we've always known, the highs and the lows.

« Reply #778 on: December 23, 2014, 12:06:13 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

This is disappointing news. I was looking back and I was somewhat surprised at how many teams actively wanted him. Maybe I just forgot.

I think he also tried to trade Ray Allen (surprise, surprise) for him in 2010 of the 09-10 season, iirc.

« Reply #779 on: December 23, 2014, 12:09:51 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Mavs commentators were gushing over his highlight plays (bounce passes, steals) and completely ignored his awful defense on Schroder. 

The same Rondo we've always known, the highs and the lows.

Or the pathetic interior defense sans Chandler that caused Schroeder to go off