Author Topic: NBA Season 2014-2015  (Read 346544 times)

Re: NBA Season 2014-2015
« Reply #750 on: December 22, 2014, 10:06:57 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Dallas is just falling apart. With their horrible record against the top teams, it's got to be concerning Carlisle. Aren't they leading the league in several offensive categories?

« Reply #751 on: December 22, 2014, 10:11:15 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Villanueva is obviously an ideal backup for Chandler  ::) The loss of Wright might end up being just as big of a negative as Rondo is a plus for them.

« Reply #752 on: December 22, 2014, 10:25:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Rondo leading the team in shot attempts tonight... lol... weird.

I'm sure they'll end up a solid team, but I stand by my belief that he hurts their offense.  Not seeing anything yet to dissuade me.

« Reply #753 on: December 22, 2014, 10:28:31 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'm sure they'll end up a solid team, but I stand by my belief that he hurts their offense.  Not seeing anything yet to dissuade me.

Through two games, their offense has certainly looked significantly worse.  I have some concerns about Monta sharing the back court with a ball dominant guard; we'll see how it plays out.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #754 on: December 22, 2014, 10:34:18 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Boy, these Mavericks announcers aren't biased by any means  ::) Carroll was going after the ball clearly with no excessive contact, and they're making it out to be that he tackled him lol

« Reply #755 on: December 22, 2014, 10:37:17 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Dirk has looked pretty old tonight. Quite a few times he just hasn't looked quick or spry enough to react to the defense swarming him. Hopefully that means good things for their 2016 draft pick that we have.

« Reply #756 on: December 22, 2014, 10:39:17 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Through two games, their offense has certainly looked significantly worse.  I have some concerns about Monta sharing the back court with a ball dominant guard; we'll see how it plays out.

Ellis has been taking the same shots he's been taking all season and Rondo has pretty much been moving the ball at every chance. The biggest knock on their offense at moment is that Dirk hasn't been hitting shots - really good ones at that. If he gets back to his typical efficiency, they'll be fine.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #757 on: December 22, 2014, 10:39:55 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
1). Dallas would probably look considerably better if Dirk could actually make a shot, lol.  He's been horrible over the past two games.

2).  Taking a look at the Hornets -Nuggets box score, PJ Hairston had a double double of 10 and 10 with a steal and 3 blocks in 21 minutes.  Just something to keep your eye on, if anyone else is actually interested in him as a prospect, haha. ;D The bigger issue is where is Lance?  Is he hurt or something, because he hasn't played in the last several games, iirc.  Is he under house arrest, lol? ;D

« Reply #758 on: December 22, 2014, 10:42:13 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
1). Dallas would probably look considerably better if Dirk could actually make a shot, lol.  He's been horrible over the past two games.

2).  Taking a look at the Hornets -Nuggets box score, PJ Hairston had a double double of 10 and 10 with a steal and 3 blocks in 21 minutes.  Just something to keep your eye on, if anyone else is actually interested in him as a prospect, haha. ;D The bigger issue is where is Lance?  Is he hurt or something, because he hasn't played in the last several games, iirc.  Is he under house arrest, lol? ;D

Stephenson has a groin strain or something like that. Out until Christmas is what my fantasy tracker says.

« Reply #759 on: December 22, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Boy, these Mavericks announcers aren't biased by any means  ::) Carroll was going after the ball clearly with no excessive contact, and they're making it out to be that he tackled him lol

Dude, all announcers are biased, and we have the best one of all time (not that I'm complaining, lol.)!  Well, in the modern era, anyway, because I think that Johnny Most would still hold that title if he was doing games today.  Who are their commentators?  From the game in Dallas I only remember Derek Harper, who I'm sure is the color guy, but iirc, there are two more guys in the booth, so to speak, and another on the sidelines.

« Reply #760 on: December 22, 2014, 10:46:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Ellis has been taking the same shots he's been taking all season and Rondo has pretty much been moving the ball at every chance. The biggest knock on their offense at moment is that Dirk hasn't been hitting shots - really good ones at that. If he gets back to his typical efficiency, they'll be fine.

It's not about Monta's shots.  It's about his ball-handling and his ability to create offense.  Over the last two seasons, he's been amazing running the pick-and-roll with Dirk.  Adding Rondo to that mix can disrupt on-court chemistry, and the lack of spacing could also potentially bog down the offense.

You wouldn't think that adding an amazing passer in place of Jameer Nelson would make a team's offense worse, but I can certainly see how that could be the result.  Or, the team could adjust, and continue being the top offense in the league.  It's too early to tell.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #761 on: December 22, 2014, 10:48:12 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Stephenson has a groin strain or something like that. Out until Christmas is what my fantasy tracker says.

Ah - thanks.  TP for the info.  On an unrelated note, after their exchange on the air last night, should Scal start calling Abby Chin 'Downton Abbey," lol? ;D Just a thought.  It's not like we have much to look forward to this season, anyway.

« Reply #762 on: December 22, 2014, 10:48:49 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Dude, all announcers are biased, and we have the best one of all time (not that I'm complaining, lol.)!  Well, in the modern era, anyway, because I think that Johnny Most would still hold that title if he was doing games today.  Who are their commentators?  From the game in Dallas I only remember Derek Harper, who I'm sure is the color guy, but iirc, there are two more guys in the booth, so to speak, and another on the sidelines.

Well Tommy might be the biggest homer in the league, but Gorman is really neutral in his analysis and play-by-play announcing. I kind of expect the color commentator to be a homer and biased, but even their play-by-play guy is all over the Mavs' nuts.

« Reply #763 on: December 22, 2014, 10:50:54 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
It's sickening how much better Rondo's defense is here than it was in Boston the last two seasons. He's back to All-Defensive Team Rondo: looked absolutely excellent defensively for the most part tonight.

« Reply #764 on: December 22, 2014, 10:51:00 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

It's not about Monta's shots.  It's about his ball-handling and his ability to create offense.  Over the last two seasons, he's been amazing running the pick-and-roll with Dirk.  Adding Rondo to that mix can disrupt on-court chemistry, and the lack of spacing could also potentially bog down the offense.

You wouldn't think that adding an amazing passer in place of Jameer Nelson would make a team's offense worse, but I can certainly see how that could be the result.  Or, the team could adjust, and continue being the top offense in the league.  It's too early to tell.

While I seriously doubt that this will even be a debate, when it's all said and done for this year, who do you think will have been a better fit in Dallas - Antoine or Rondo?