Author Topic: NBA Season 2014-2015  (Read 346172 times)

Re: NBA Season 2014-2015
« Reply #465 on: November 21, 2014, 07:44:40 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Wade's out indefinitely with hamstring problems?  Hmm, looks like Lebron made the right decision (no pun intended) ;) ;D.  Wow.

Wade has TOO many miles , he is not that old.....it's the years of playing above the rim......hurling his body into the paint to get fouled or dunk .  I remember Perk crushing him a time of two .

He has to rehab for months to play one or two games at full speed .....then he is back on the bench with issues.

Yes ...he is done ....Bron knew it.

Pierce made an entire career out of slashing to the basket and drawing fouls, as well, except that, unlike Wade, he's always been a great shooter, and he's never had knee problems, and, coupled with how Wade looked like he 'bulked' up over the years, could it be steroid use that has finally taken its toll on his knees?

« Reply #466 on: November 21, 2014, 07:51:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Wade's out indefinitely with hamstring problems?  Hmm, looks like Lebron made the right decision (no pun intended) ;) ;D.  Wow.

Wade has TOO many miles , he is not that old.....it's the years of playing above the rim......hurling his body into the paint to get fouled or dunk .  I remember Perk crushing him a time of two .

He has to rehab for months to play one or two games at full speed .....then he is back on the bench with issues.

Pierce made an entire career out of slashing to the basket and drawing fouls, as well, except that, unlike Wade, he's always been a great shooter, and he's never had knee problems, and, coupled with how Wade looked like he 'bulked' up over the years, could it be steroid use that has finally taken its toll on his knees?

Unlike Pierce, Wade usually got more than 6 inches off the ground on those drives.  His rim attacks were a lot closer to D-Rose than Pierce.

...in no way am I saying he didn't take PEDs though, cuz he very very likely did.  That shoulder tear he had when he was so bulky his shoulders were almost square was a classic PED injury.

« Reply #467 on: November 21, 2014, 09:42:34 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Another 50 point blowout in the makings.

« Reply #468 on: November 21, 2014, 09:44:40 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Horford doesn't look right this season. Not himself. He has moments where he looks like his old self but he doesn't sustain it.

I think the problem is more mental than physical ... after the injuries.

Worried about hurting himself again.

« Reply #469 on: November 21, 2014, 09:45:01 PM »

Offline Sievers81

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
No kidding, bit of a surprise to be up 52 with 6mins left considering Bucks aren't that bad this year.

« Reply #470 on: November 21, 2014, 09:47:01 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
The Bucks offense is absolutely dreadful. I expect they'll have quite a few blowout losses this year when that offense capsizes.

Still, 50 points? Jeez. I was thinking more 20-25 point losses. That is just awful.

« Reply #471 on: November 21, 2014, 10:00:02 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Unlike Pierce, Wade usually got more than 6 inches off the ground on those drives.  His rim attacks were a lot closer to D-Rose than Pierce.

...in no way am I saying he didn't take PEDs though, cuz he very very likely did.  That shoulder tear he had when he was so bulky his shoulders were almost square was a classic PED injury.

Yeah, I know.  I was just comparing two guys who have taken it to the basket for a long time.  Even though he's a big guy, it's pretty amazing that Pierce has been so durable over his career, and he's never had a career-threatening injury, despite the physical pounding that he's taken for the last 15 years.  Of course, Melo hasn't broken down, either, and he's of similar age to Wade.

« Reply #472 on: November 21, 2014, 10:06:24 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
C: Thompson
F: LeBron
F: Miller
G: Waiters
G: Kyrie

All that athleticism on the floor on your run for a 3 pointer in transition?

At least LeBron has the smarts to take the ball to [dang] basket. Cleveland's guards should pay attention to him.

« Reply #473 on: November 21, 2014, 10:10:43 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
C: Thompson
F: LeBron
F: Miller
G: Waiters
G: Kyrie

All that athleticism on the floor on your run for a 3 pointer in transition?

At least LeBron has the smarts to take the ball to [dang] basket. Cleveland's guards should pay attention to him.

I wonder if they're coached to do that?  Waiters ran toward the hoop on one fast break, and Marion air-mailed him on a pass because he expected him to run to the three point line.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #474 on: November 21, 2014, 10:12:27 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
The Cavs are down by 11 with 4 minutes left.  Waiters and Irving have 20 shots combined with just 3 assists while Love has just 7 shot attempts.  It may take a while for them to figure it out.

« Reply #475 on: November 21, 2014, 10:15:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
I think Love is getting really frustrated with his lack of involvement in the offense. The last several games he's only had 7 (7!) shot attempts, and he should be much more involved than that. I don't know if he's quite ready to make that kind of sacrifice yet.

« Reply #476 on: November 21, 2014, 10:16:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
NBA front office needs to give Cavs another lottery first  pick. ::)

« Reply #477 on: November 21, 2014, 10:19:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Cavs are down by 11 with 4 minutes left.  Waiters and Irving have 20 shots combined with just 3 assists while Love has just 7 shot attempts.  It may take a while for them to figure it out.

In fairness, it's hard for Kyrie to get assists when his teammates are shooting a combined 35.7%.  He's made some good passes for wide open looks which have resulted in bricks.

That said, Love definitely needs to touch the ball more.  There have been way too many isolation plays.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #478 on: November 21, 2014, 10:24:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
LeBron won t stay if they are not at least deep in finals .

« Reply #479 on: November 21, 2014, 10:32:40 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Impressive result for Washington. I didn't think they'd do well against the Cavs this year.