Author Topic: NBA Season 2014-2015  (Read 346530 times)

Re: NBA Season 2014-2015
« Reply #180 on: October 31, 2014, 01:20:52 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Clippers are struggling to beat Ibaka and a bunch of roleplayers.

« Reply #181 on: October 31, 2014, 01:22:16 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Ofc the Clippers are going to blow the lead and lose because Doc Rivers is their head coach.

I liked the graphic they showed of how the Clippers' offense was the best in the league last year ::).  Really? ;D ;D.  Although, it's not like Scott Brooks is any better.  He said in a huddle that, "basketball isn't a game of skill, but a battle of will."  Well, it is now, anyway.  Ugh.  Why can't you have both?

« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2014, 01:22:32 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Wow, two blown free throws when the game is on the line.

« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2014, 01:23:23 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Ofc the Clippers are going to blow the lead and lose because Doc Rivers is their head coach.

I liked the graphic they showed of how the Clippers' offense was the best in the league last year ::).  Really? ;D ;D.

Those Reddick threes were rushed and really hurt them. They were up, so why not hold it and take more time off of the clock?

« Reply #184 on: October 31, 2014, 01:30:22 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Don't like to see Westbrook injured but I'm going to be thoroughly enjoying watching OKC lose game after game. Bring it on. ;D

Also, surely there's got to be a thread criticising Danny for taking Fab Melo over Perry Jones soon?

Why, so that they can get yet another top 5 pick?  Be careful for what you wish for.  It's nice to see Jones at least getting some minutes, and I never did understand the Fab Melo selection.  It was between Wroten and PJ III for me.  At least the latter would have helped athletically.

No sir, because I absolutely despise Steven Adams. I used to have a bit of soft spot for OKC because of Perk, until Adams went there. They're not gonna get a top 5 pick anyway so I wouldn't worry about that.

Looks like I nearly spoke too soon though!
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #185 on: October 31, 2014, 01:33:15 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Was not expecting the game to turn out as exciting as it was down the stretch.

« Reply #186 on: October 31, 2014, 01:45:46 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
... Westbrook has a fracture in his hand.

... I don't even know what to say anymore.

« Reply #187 on: October 31, 2014, 02:00:38 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
... Westbrook has a fracture in his hand.

... I don't even know what to say anymore.

Serge Ibaka thinking...

"Look at me in the eyes. I'm the captain now."

Goodbye Durant and Westbrook for a few weeks. Ibaka is the man running this team now!!!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #188 on: October 31, 2014, 02:24:20 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Don't like to see Westbrook injured but I'm going to be thoroughly enjoying watching OKC lose game after game. Bring it on. ;D

Also, surely there's got to be a thread criticising Danny for taking Fab Melo over Perry Jones soon?

Why, so that they can get yet another top 5 pick?  Be careful for what you wish for.  It's nice to see Jones at least getting some minutes, and I never did understand the Fab Melo selection.  It was between Wroten and PJ III for me.  At least the latter would have helped athletically.

No sir, because I absolutely despise Steven Adams. I used to have a bit of soft spot for OKC because of Perk, until Adams went there. They're not gonna get a top 5 pick anyway so I wouldn't worry about that.

So your reason for not liking him is that he's supplanted Perk, instead of his thug style of play and his side job of starring at Twilight conventions (sarcasm)? ;D

« Reply #189 on: October 31, 2014, 03:04:02 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206

So your reason for not liking him is that he's supplanted Perk, instead of his thug style of play and his side job of starring at Twilight conventions (sarcasm)? ;D

No mate, that isn't the reason at all. Him being a goon is merely a contributing factor. This article should give you a good background into my dislike for the tool.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/nba-kiwi-okc-thunder-star-steven-adams-wants-to-make-australians-miserable-20131120-2xv5f.html

Basically he, like so many of his countrymen, still has a big chip on his shoulder over the result of some meaningless cricket match from over 30 years ago. The incident that caused the dislike may have been extremely poor sportsmanship by the Aussies involved but it was within the rules of the game. As someone pointed out to Adams on Twitter, it's really very similar to being up by 3 points in a game of basketball with 1 second to go and fouling the other team before they get a chance to shoot a 3.

Sorry for the long winded explanation but that should give you a good background in my dislike for him and his dislike for us! Seeing quotes like this from Tony Allen, with no Australian bias, warms the cockles of my heart. :D

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/23/tony-allen-on-steven-adams-thats-just-a-measly-guy/

I've also become a fan of Zach Randolph... And Vince Carter... And Nate Robinson... And everyone else he's destined to tangle with!
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #190 on: October 31, 2014, 08:07:45 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Roy Hibbert looks like he is in really good shape. Has the look of a player out for redemption after the way things ended for him last season.

Good signs. Could be set for a big season for Indiana.

« Reply #191 on: October 31, 2014, 08:19:05 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Ohh, great block by Pau Gasol!

« Reply #192 on: October 31, 2014, 08:20:48 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Love the Noah/Pau frontcourt combination!

« Reply #193 on: October 31, 2014, 08:21:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
That Delladova guy doesn't look like he has a hope in hell of staying in front of Derrick Rose.

Mike Dunleavy struggling to stay in front of LeBron on the other end.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:26:48 PM by Who »

« Reply #194 on: October 31, 2014, 08:26:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Gasol new man...leaving the Lakers ...he hated that place