Author Topic: NBA Season 2014-2015  (Read 346576 times)

Re: NBA Season 2014-2015
« Reply #1665 on: March 30, 2015, 10:46:03 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
NBA definitely need to do something. The Lakers' tanking has been so brazen that they're not even coming up with injury excuses, they're sitting healthy big men to 'evaluate their younger players'. They have held out a fully fit Hill a couple of nights ago and tonight it was Davis.

Amazingly Hill did nothing more than toe the company line and said he was OK with it! Who says players and coaches don't tank?

The Lakers have a $9 million team option for Hill, he might figure it's in his best interest to play nice.

« Reply #1666 on: March 30, 2015, 11:27:06 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
NBA definitely need to do something. The Lakers' tanking has been so brazen that they're not even coming up with injury excuses, they're sitting healthy big men to 'evaluate their younger players'. They have held out a fully fit Hill a couple of nights ago and tonight it was Davis.

Amazingly Hill did nothing more than toe the company line and said he was OK with it! Who says players and coaches don't tank?

The Lakers have a $9 million team option for Hill, he might figure it's in his best interest to play nice.

Ah good point. Makes a lot more sense now.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #1667 on: March 31, 2015, 12:13:13 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Tonight the most unwatchable game on the schedule has a lot of interesting implications on draft status. Philly and Lakers are going at it again. If philly wins they move into a tie with the Lakers for Third worst spot. Since Philly owns the Lakers pick if it is in the top 5 pick, this is a crazy game that could shape the landscape of the NBA the next few years. It literally could end up being a game that cost Philly the chance at having Okafor and Towns versus just Winslow or something crazy like that. Absolute madness!

Lakers by 1 at the half.  Hope that the Lakers win this.  Philly could really end up with a frightening array of options if LA gets nosed out of the top 5 by two lottery winners (one of which must be the C's).   Philly also gets the Heat's pick if they make the playoffs.  Could have 3,5 and 15.  Add to Noel and Embiid --  Yikes.       But mostly, I hope the Lakers win tonight and then get nudged out.

I am only looking at the box score, but it seems like what the Lakers are doing is pretty suspect. Boozer, Davis, Lin, all not playing and Jordan Hill has only gotten 10 minutes. They have played Ryan Kelly 32 minutes so far.

The 76ers have sat Jason Richardson, Mbah a Moute and have played Thomas Robinson only 12 minutes (who though no savior has shown more than Furken Aldimer).

Doesn't sit right..

anyone who actually bought a ticket for this game deserves a double refund.

Don't worry, Papa John's will make up the difference (sarcasm). ;) ::) ;D

« Reply #1668 on: March 31, 2015, 12:25:45 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Ah good point. Makes a lot more sense now.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why confirmation bias is so dangerous.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #1669 on: March 31, 2015, 02:41:10 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Indy vs Brooklyn who we got tonight?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1670 on: March 31, 2015, 02:45:40 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

I think Brooklyn winning is better for our playoff chances, but I think Indy winning is more likely.  I am on team "try hard but miss the playoffs" so I'm rooting for Indy

« Reply #1671 on: March 31, 2015, 02:47:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I think Brooklyn winning is better for our playoff chances, but I think Indy winning is more likely.  I am on team "try hard but miss the playoffs" so I'm rooting for Indy

For what it is worth Brooklyn is favored. I was listening to Jim Rome on the way in this morning. He was talking about how ridiculous it was the Lakers won last night and how much they potentially damaged their season. I really think the NBA should look into that game and talk with teams about their responsibility for upholding some semblance of professional basketball over the next two weeks.

« Reply #1672 on: March 31, 2015, 03:12:27 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

For what it is worth Brooklyn is favored. I was listening to Jim Rome on the way in this morning. He was talking about how ridiculous it was the Lakers won last night and how much they potentially damaged their season. I really think the NBA should look into that game and talk with teams about their responsibility for upholding some semblance of professional basketball over the next two weeks.
nm
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 03:17:50 PM by apc »

« Reply #1673 on: March 31, 2015, 03:23:45 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
As one of our biggest competitors for FAs, them missing out on a top 5 pick would probably force them to tank again.  That would be doubly good, as it would make it more likely we get a FA and also because any season where the Lakers are bad is a good one!

« Reply #1674 on: March 31, 2015, 03:52:39 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Brooklyn is definitely the bigger threat to us right now than Indy for the playoffs because of their much easier schedule. I think I want Indy to win tonight and for us to beat them tomorrow. If that happens, Brooklyn would be a half-game behind us in the win column and a full game behind us, with us owning the tiebreaker against both teams.

« Reply #1675 on: March 31, 2015, 07:52:36 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Funny how the three remaining playoff seeds unclinched in the East currently have sub .500 records.  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1676 on: March 31, 2015, 09:05:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I think I'm for Pacers at Nets .  Nets need to stay out of playoffs

« Reply #1677 on: March 31, 2015, 09:15:02 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
LET'S GO SAN ANTONIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #1678 on: March 31, 2015, 09:35:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Not looking good for Indy.

« Reply #1679 on: March 31, 2015, 09:45:05 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
Wow Detroit beat ATL tonight and it looks like Atlanta had all their staters in.  I like that our choices are to play them or be a top 9-12 team in the lottery.