Author Topic: NBA Season 2014-2015  (Read 347288 times)

NBA Season 2014-2015
« on: October 28, 2014, 05:25:32 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
The season starts today! Discuss games here!

Re: NBA Season 2014-2015
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 05:38:09 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Predictions for tonight: Mavs top Spurs; Rockets top Lakers.

Can Chandler Parsons be an All-Star this year? I think Dirk/Ellis/Parsons might be the most underrated Big Three in the game.

Rockets are certainly better than LAL, but by how much? There's not much depth to Houston and their roster is severely unbalanced. If Kobe can regain his status as a top ten player, I'm not sure the separation is that great between the two teams. Houston will rely on the star power of having two top 15 players, but outside of that, there's much to be desired.

P.S. Houston could really use Rondo, but there's hardly anything of value to the Cs on that team outside of Howard and Harden. Terrence Jones is about as valuable as Sullinger (from a league-wide perspective), and I'm just not sold on a pure value outlook when it comes to trading Rondo. I want a piece that we can plug in immediately like a promising young center (i.e. Gorgui Dieng or Andre Drummond) or a promising young perimeter player (i.e. DeRozan). I don't want to waste a Rondo trade by not addressing any needs. And if we can't secure that level of a prospect, I at least want a high-potential draft pick. The Pelicans pick isn't doing it for me.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 06:11:38 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
OKC starting line-up for at least the first two games: Westbrook/Roberson/Jones/Ibaka/Adams (!!!), bench: Telfair/Thomas/Collison/Perkins.

That's positively tankalicious.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 06:12:04 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Predictions for tonight: Mavs top Spurs; Rockets top Lakers.

Can Chandler Parsons be an All-Star this year? I think Dirk/Ellis/Parsons might be the most underrated Big Three in the game.

Rockets are certainly better than LAL, but by how much? There's not much depth to Houston and their roster is severely unbalanced. If Kobe can regain his status as a top ten player, I'm not sure the separation is that great between the two teams. Houston will rely on the star power of having two top 15 players, but outside of that, there's much to be desired.

P.S. Houston could really use Rondo, but there's hardly anything of value to the Cs on that team outside of Howard and Harden. Terrence Jones is about as valuable as Sullinger (from a league-wide perspective), and I'm just not sold on a pure value outlook when it comes to trading Rondo. I want a piece that we can plug in immediately like a promising young center (i.e. Gorgui Dieng or Andre Drummond) or a promising young perimeter player (i.e. DeRozan). I don't want to waste a Rondo trade by not addressing any needs. And if we can't secure that level of a prospect, I at least want a high-potential draft pick. The Pelicans pick isn't doing it for me.

Do you think Rondo would stay in NO?  Just wondering.  Maybe a 3-way deal with Holiday going to Detroit and Monroe to Boston would make sense.  I actually don't like Monroe but he's always brought up as a possible target.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 06:14:38 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Considering that New Orleans just traded two consecutive top 10 picks for Jrue Holiday, I think it's safe to say he's not going anywhere -- especially not for an expiring, older Rondo.

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 06:29:09 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Houston by 200.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 06:50:20 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
OKC starting line-up for at least the first two games: Westbrook/Roberson/Jones/Ibaka/Adams (!!!), bench: Telfair/Thomas/Collison/Perkins.

That's positively tankalicious.
If they play Ibaka and Westbrook 40 minutes a game, they'll survive.

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 07:38:39 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
That's a reallyyyyyyy shiny ring.
Philly:

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 07:43:57 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Oh boy, I don't know who to watch between New Orleans vs Orlando or SAS vs Dallas.

Really excited to see this year's New Orleans team. Very exciting mix of talent.

San Antonio vs Dallas are normally top, top games though. Also very interested to see Tyson Chandler and whether he can still be a big enough difference maker defensively to put Dallas back in Title Contention.

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 07:50:27 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
Oh boy, I don't know who to watch between New Orleans vs Orlando or SAS vs Dallas.

Really excited to see this year's New Orleans team. Very exciting mix of talent.

San Antonio vs Dallas are normally top, top games though. Also very interested to see Tyson Chandler and whether he can still be a big enough difference maker defensively to put Dallas back in Title Contention.

DALLAS!  DALLAS!  DALLAS!
Philly:

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 07:52:44 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
Considering that New Orleans just traded two consecutive top 10 picks for Jrue Holiday, I think it's safe to say he's not going anywhere -- especially not for an expiring, older Rondo.

You don't think NO would take Rondo over Jrue if he committed to staying?  I do.

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 07:55:19 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

You don't think NO would take Rondo over Jrue if he committed to staying?  I do.

Jrue gets along with Anthony Davis and the rest of his teammates, Rondo likely wouldn't. That's an important difference.

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 07:56:56 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown

Jrue gets along with Anthony Davis and the rest of his teammates, Rondo likely wouldn't. That's an important difference.

Haha.  That's actually a good point.  Poor Dodo is so hated in the league.

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 07:57:55 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

I think Rondo and Davis will get along just nicely.

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 07:58:12 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

Haha.  That's actually a good point.  Poor Dodo is so hated in the league.

You mean people on Celticsblog.