Author Topic: 2 for 1 with Houston? (idea)  (Read 1729 times)

2 for 1 with Houston? (idea)
« on: October 27, 2014, 07:56:01 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I'm not 100% sure this works as it would involve Houston using the Lin trade exeption.

Cs trade Bass and Bynum

Rockets trade Motiejunas, their knicks 2nd rd pick along with the right  to Alessandro Gentile and Marko Todorovic

This fixes the roster Jamb for the Cs. Montiejunas would have to compete with Zeller for bench minutes. This would also open up time for Green at the 4. From the little research I have done both Gentile and Todorovic look like future NBA players who should be nice additions down the road. Gentile in particulate looks like a player who may be able to excel in the 6th man bench scorer role. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:02:23 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: 2 for 1 with Houston? (idea)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 08:23:15 AM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Only player from Houston I want is Myltiple 1st and Terrance Jones, that's their best assets they have, aside from that, not that great of anything for us.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:15:46 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
If this works cap-wise, I'd be very satisfied with the outcome. Good one.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 09:54:52 AM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
Bynum can't get traded with another player. So any trade that starts with BOS sends Bynum + XY won't work.
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 10:12:35 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Bynum can't get traded with another player. So any trade that starts with BOS sends Bynum + XY won't work.

Which is pretty much every trade idea that has come up in the forum topics.

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 10:12:52 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Only player from Houston I want is Myltiple 1st and Terrance Jones, that's their best assets they have, aside from that, not that great of anything for us.

Terrence Jones is definitely their best trade asset right now, and he would be nice with us for sure at PF...where we happen to have an abundance.

They want to win now and need more pieces, so a 2-1 or 3-2 make perfect sense.

If I were Houston, I'd be interested in a number of our guys with some experience, including

Bass
Green
Bradley
Thornton
#1 pick

And of those, Green and Thornton as the ones that I would be most reluctant to part with.

I'd probably be trying to package Bass and Thornton with the lesser of our 1sts sometime to either a contender or a team where they'll get plenty of run in their contract year.

Does Houston have any expiring salary fodder to combine with TJones?

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 10:17:05 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
... wait, you'd be MORE reluctant to trade Green/Thornton over trading Bradley and/or a first rounder?

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 10:57:58 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
... wait, you'd be MORE reluctant to trade Green/Thornton over trading Bradley and/or a first rounder?

Yeah, in order I'd probably rather keep Bradley as a more proven playoff guy, but like Thornton's scoring game quite a lot.  Bradley's passing and handles deficiency really, really irk me though, especially in a system that would seem to favor "skills players" at every position.  So Bradley/Thornton is a tough one for me, and I'd truly love both if not for the multiskills wonder that is Evan Turner, who I'd start at SG between Rondo and Green.

Anyway, Bass would be first out the door.  Since we have a zillion 1sts, I'd let a low one go to make a deal happen fairly easily in a year we had two.

It's really a question of who the other player to go would be in a 2-fer.

Thornton is the only one without conference finals experience.  I offer him with the "standard offer" of Bass and a 1st, making it easy to raise it by subbing Bradley or even including both, since we have Smart as well.

I don't like Bradley's health thing either...missed games...passing...handles...

Green seems to be the best player at SF we have, and should be a very solid, efficient player on both ends.  We should keep him.  A case can be made for Turner, but he's more rounded and possibly better (at least bigger) than all of the other SG candidates, so I resolve the Green/Turner rotation dilemma by starting both.

Off the bench, Smart, Young, and Wallace around the perimeter is fine for this year.

Rondo/Turner/Green/Sully is good, so yes, I'd pony up for a starting C or better defense at the 4 without giving up scoring and rebounding.

I'd be working over Bird at Indiana every day if I were Danny, though.

Trade pieces, in order of willingness to let go: (Wallace doesn't count)

Favorani
Pressey
Bass
Thornton
Bradley
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:03:20 AM by More Banners »

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 11:04:15 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
*shrugs*

I just don't think Thornton has any long-term future with Boston.  He's this year's Jordan Crawford and Jerryd Bayless.

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 11:23:37 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
*shrugs*

I just don't think Thornton has any long-term future with Boston.  He's this year's Jordan Crawford and Jerryd Bayless.

agree about Thornton.  Fun to watch sometimes, though.

IN any case, Houston really needs more pieces after the summer's strikeout in free agency, and we need to clear fodder.  That's pretty much the only deal I could see us making with Houston, something like Bass and PRessey for the ghost of the JET, Jason Terry, if he isn't bought out already.  We'd actually save a few bucks, too, and HOU would get a rotation player.

I think I would give away Bass to Houston for essentially nothing, even if that doesn't make sense.

Imagine Pressey backing up Patrick Beverly...fun fun fun.