Author Topic: Derrick Rose looking strong. Kevin Love already complaining  (Read 7285 times)

Derrick Rose looking strong. Kevin Love already complaining
« on: October 25, 2014, 04:11:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5XUwlP29DA

- Watch 3:47 and Love's reaction to the jump shot taken by Irving, when he was wide open.  He has been complaining he hasn't been getting enough touches on the inside also.   Not looking like a smooth start for the Cavs so far.  Man Irving can be a hog

- Derrick Rose is back.  He is bulkier , looks stronger and smarter in changing up his speed. Still explosive. His jump shot is looking good.  Bulls will be a tough team to play against if Drose can stay healthy. 

Both of these teams are considered favorites to win the East this year.  So far so good for the Bulls, but not so great for the Cavs.

Re: Derrick Rose looking strong. Kevin Love already complaining
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 04:35:56 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Cavs will get it together. Blatt is such a good coach and they have so much talent. Love is nearly as deadly an offensive weapon as James, I think he should be getting lots of usage offensively so LeBron can work extra hard on D.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 04:42:28 PM by loco_91 »

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 05:07:34 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
If we don't win the East...I hope it's Washington.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 05:44:03 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Rose is averaging 12 FGAs and fewer than 3 assists per game this pre-season.  If you're going to knock Irving for being a ball hog, I think you have to look at Rose with more scrutiny than you are.

It's hard to knock Kyrie this pre-season.  He's averaged 20.8 points (third in the NBA this preseason), on 55% shooting and 41% 3PT%.  He's averaging 5.0 assists, which isn't amazing, but it's a heck of a lot better than Rose has shown.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 05:51:27 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Cavs will get it together. Blatt is such a good coach and they have so much talent. Love is nearly as deadly an offensive weapon as James, I think he should be getting lots of usage offensively so LeBron can work extra hard on D.

Their issues are going to be at the 4 and 5.  They won't have any trouble scoring and all three will get their touches. 

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 06:05:14 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
Rose is averaging 12 FGAs and fewer than 3 assists per game this pre-season.  If you're going to knock Irving for being a ball hog, I think you have to look at Rose with more scrutiny than you are.

It's hard to knock Kyrie this pre-season.  He's averaged 20.8 points (third in the NBA this preseason), on 55% shooting and 41% 3PT%.  He's averaging 5.0 assists, which isn't amazing, but it's a heck of a lot better than Rose has shown.

If I'm DRose, I'm taking lots of shots because I'm the #1 option. Kyrie is option #3 and should not be hogging it, I fully expect it to take him some time to adjust though.

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 06:09:10 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Funniest thing about the tape to me was the apparently legal screen by Noah at 2.54.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 06:09:18 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5XUwlP29DA

- Watch 3:47 and Love's reaction to the jump shot taken by Irving, when he was wide open.  He has been complaining he hasn't been getting enough touches on the inside also.   Not looking like a smooth start for the Cavs so far.  Man Irving can be a hog

- Derrick Rose is back.  He is bulkier , looks stronger and smarter in changing up his speed. Still explosive. His jump shot is looking good.  Bulls will be a tough team to play against if Drose can stay healthy. 

Both of these teams are considered favorites to win the East this year.  So far so good for the Bulls, but not so great for the Cavs.

I would be surprised, if you combed through all the film from Celtic seasons 2007/08-2012/13, if there weren't instances of one of the Big Four expressing frustration at another Big 4 member's offensive or defensive decision. Things like this happen and get ironed out when, you know, they've been together for longer than a preseason.

And for the record, Irving was on fire at that point in the game and was making the shots he was taking! Maybe it is Love who needs to make some sacrifices. He went 2-10 while LBJ and Irving combined for 16-30.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 06:22:26 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell

Their issues are going to be at the 4 and 5.  They won't have any trouble scoring and all three will get their touches.

I think they have good options at the 4 and 5: Love and Varejao. Really they have good players everywhere. Lots of guys that are better offensively than defensively, though.

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 06:26:50 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Not sure where the Rose stats came from but in the preseason he's averaged 16.375 field goals attempts, good for 16.5 points per game. His shooting hasn't been great but he's still getting his shots up. Kyrie's preseason numbers certainly are more appealing to the eye than Rose's.

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 07:14:48 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

If I'm DRose, I'm taking lots of shots because I'm the #1 option. Kyrie is option #3 and should not be hogging it, I fully expect it to take him some time to adjust though.

Kyrie is the best scoring PG in the NBA. He should not be giving up shot attempts.

I still think it's LeBron that should be the one that gives up some of his scoring in order to allow his teammates to prosper. LeBron is the only one of the three who can dominate a game without scoring. He is playing with the best scoring PG in the league + 2nd best offensive PF in the league. LeBron should adapt his game to them rather than them adapting their weaker less well-rounded games to him. LeBron has the talent to do so and still be thoroughly dominant. The other two do not.

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 08:00:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Kyrie is the best scoring PG in the NBA. He should not be giving up shot attempts.

I still think it's LeBron that should be the one that gives up some of his scoring in order to allow his teammates to prosper. LeBron is the only one of the three who can dominate a game without scoring. He is playing with the best scoring PG in the league + 2nd best offensive PF in the league. LeBron should adapt his game to them rather than them adapting their weaker less well-rounded games to him. LeBron has the talent to do so and still be thoroughly dominant. The other two do not.

Love was wide open. You got to make the extra pass. But i guess Love also didnt have to freak out.

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 08:21:31 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Love was wide open. You got to make the extra pass. But i guess Love also didnt have to freak out.

That's probably technically correct.

But, if you're on fire, is it the proper decision to pass to a guy who is ice cold, even if he is more open?

I don't think there's an easy answer to that question.  Look at the criticism Lebron got for deferring to his teammates rather than taking over down the stretch previously.  I think there's something to be said for having the mindset to want to take over games.

Again, Kyrie has still been averaging 5.0 assists per game, playing next to Lebron.  He also had an amazing pre-season, following winning MVP of the FIBA world championships.

I just think it's holding Kyrie to an impossible standard.  I mean, didn't his team win that game?  The Cavs were a +16 with Kyrie in the game versus the Bulls.  He had 7 assists, along with 28 points.

It doesn't make sense to me to take a game that the Cavs won, where Kyrie out-assisted Rose by 7 to 3, and say that the Bulls look great and that Kyrie is holding the team back by being a ball hog, you know?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 08:32:55 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Agreed with the above. Irving's the second best player on Cleveland, and humoring Love by giving him his shots just leads to a sub-.500 record.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 09:04:32 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
That's good that Love is complaining.

It means he can opt out next summer and come to the Celtics.