Author Topic: Rondo goes through full practice  (Read 20563 times)

Re: Rondo goes through full practice
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 09:08:22 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
I especially don't want the team to tell reporters they got to play better, when its one guy causing key issues on both ends (the way its been for 2 seasons) .

I can guarantee throughout the course of the season there will be problems and Rondo won't be the only one that's contributing to it. I expect some rust the 1st few games, but after that he's fair game.

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 09:10:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Rondo isn't ready to go all-out ... then, I hope Stevens keeps him on the bench.

Let Smart start and let Rondo build up his game-fitness from backup PG slot.

+1. Absolutely

No player should be given a free pass. And a great player should not want a free pass
I would think that the player getting a free pass in this case would be Marcus Smart. Smart hasn't even outplayed Evan Turner for the back up PG position and Rondo has a ring and 4 All Star games and 4 All-Defensive team awards and averaged more than 11 assist per game three times to prove he deserves the starting position over both those players.

Your statement makes little sense.

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 09:14:19 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Every thread doesn't have to turn into this nonsense does it?

I see you're suffering from some minor amnesia. My condolences.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 09:19:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Hopefully he can help the team get off to a good start thus year

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 09:19:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If Rondo isn't ready to go all-out ... then, I hope Stevens keeps him on the bench.

+1. Absolutely

No player should be given a free pass. And a great player should not want a free pass
I would think that the player getting a free pass in this case would be Marcus Smart. Smart hasn't even outplayed Evan Turner for the back up PG position and Rondo has a ring and 4 All Star games and 4 All-Defensive team awards and averaged more than 11 assist per game three times to prove he deserves the starting position over both those players.

The back and forth never stops. Ok your film of Rondo is stuck at 2008-2010. Mine moved fwd to how he played the past 2 seasons.   

Lets see what happens

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 09:26:33 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I'm seriously starting to think Gary Tanguay is behind the account named @triboy16f.

Speaking of him, today he did a short 'preview', or something, of expectations for Smart, Celtics, and the first sentence that goes out of his mouth is:"Once they trade Rondo..."

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/kusnierek-tanguay-expectations-smart-celtics

Take a look.

I can't wait to see his dumb face when Rondo signs a new contract with the Celtics at the end of the season.

I live in LA...and I wanna jump on a plane and fly to Boston---just to Punch Tanguay in the Face---EVERY time they talk about the Celtics, that Nimrod has to say Rondo is as good as Gone.....Arrogant Jerk.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 10:11:38 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Every thread doesn't have to turn into this nonsense does it?

I see you're suffering from some minor amnesia. My condolences.

(shakes head until cobwebs fly out)  Yeah, I just remembered that I am at Celticsblog, what was I thinking.
haha.

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 10:23:38 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

+1. Absolutely

And when Rondo is healthy and ready to play at full capacity, he will regain his starting spot.

Just until then - play the guys who are healthy enough to give best effort.

This isn't like last season when Ainge traded away all the backcourt depth and Boston had no quality alternatives to playing Rondo while he was at 60-70% for 30mpg.

This year's team has great depth. It can has good alternatives on it's roster to a partially-healthy Rondo. When Rondo is ready, the starting PG is his. It is not under threat. He is far and away the best player on the team.

But if he isn't ready to play at a high level from Day One, then bring him off the bench and let him play himself into shape. Let the other guys do the heavy lifting for now.

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 10:42:29 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

+1. Absolutely

And when Rondo is healthy and ready to play at full capacity, he will regain his starting spot.

Just until then - play the guys who are healthy enough to give best effort.

This isn't like last season when Ainge traded away all the backcourt depth and Boston had no quality alternatives to playing Rondo while he was at 60-70% for 30mpg.

This year's team has great depth. It can has good alternatives on it's roster to a partially-healthy Rondo. When Rondo is ready, the starting PG is his. It is not under threat. He is far and away the best player on the team.

But if he isn't ready to play at a high level from Day One, then bring him off the bench and let him play himself into shape. Let the other guys do the heavy lifting for now.

I think this is more of an issue with minute management than starting vs. coming off the bench. I rather start from the get go with the rotation we're planning to use throughout and manage minutes accordingly.

But, I don't think there's any getting into shape with Rondo. The injury was in his non dominant hand, I don't think it'll impede him from doing what he does best in the first place. I think there'll be some issues with his shot if anything, but that aside I don't think it'll factor much into his play.

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 10:44:48 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
If Ainge doesn't trade Rondo, he is an idiot.

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 10:49:31 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2014, 11:19:03 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29

+1. Absolutely

Who is giving anyone a free pass?  I mean come on.  What are you even talking about?

Good to hear that Rondo is coming back.  Every thread doesn't have to turn into this nonsense does it?

It's so weird how obsessed this guy is with knocking Rondo, even when Rondo hasn't done anything wrong. It's like Rondo broke his heart or something.

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2014, 01:45:12 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Rondo's busted his ass to get ready almost a month earlier than predicted.  How many NBA players do that.  He's always been a C and has played well for us for years and deserves our support.  Why any true C's fan would want him traded is beyond me.  There must be a few New Yorkers here.

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2014, 01:52:50 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

+1. Absolutely

Who is giving anyone a free pass?  I mean come on.  What are you even talking about?

Good to hear that Rondo is coming back.  Every thread doesn't have to turn into this nonsense does it?

It's so weird how obsessed this guy is with knocking Rondo, even when Rondo hasn't done anything wrong. It's like Rondo broke his heart or something.

naw. Just not a fan of players that play like Rondo the past 2 seasons.  Near triple doubles, yet the team goes on long losing streaks , and when he gets injured the team starts to win.  He needs to get it

On to top of this, i'm not alone in criticizing Rondo. Have you heard Tommy, Jackie all say the same things about Rondo??

I guess you chose to ignore their comments and all you can think about is the glory stuff that happened 3, 4 years ago. 

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2014, 02:01:46 AM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29

+1. Absolutely

naw. Just not a fan of players that play like Rondo the past 2 seasons.  Near triple doubles, yet the team goes on long losing streaks , and when he gets injured the team starts to win.  He needs to get it

On to top of this, i'm not alone in criticizing Rondo. Have you heard Tommy, Jackie all say the same things about Rondo??

I guess you chose to ignore their comments and all you can think about is the glory stuff that happened 3, 4 years ago.

I just think that context is important, and in the context of everything that has happened the past couple years, I am not surprised he hasn't really shined. I mean two years ago he got injured, last year he missed much of the season and the team was pretty bad anyway. If the team and Rondo underperform this year then I will be more receptive to the criticism, but let's see the team play before we start throwing anyone under the bus, you know?