Author Topic: Can we capitalize on Nash-injury  (Read 14983 times)

Re: Can we capitalize on Nash-injury
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2014, 02:42:10 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Excuse the rest of us who believe that the Rondo for Laker garbage suggestion makes little sense or is ridiculously unrealistic. Some people actually think when trading a player of Rondo's caliber the object of the trade should be to make the Celtics a better team, not a worse one.
exactly Nick.  some people are just hellbent on trading Rondo for any pile of garbage they can get.

Yeah a guy who went 7th overall is garbage.  Terrible haul for a fringe all star on the last year of his contract.

Well maybe we can trade Rondo for one of Eric Gordon, Corey Brewer, Randy Foye, Charlie Villanueva, Kirk Hinrch, Eddie Griffin, or Chris Mihm... All picked 7th overall so they must all be wicked ridiculously good. Like beyond how good Rondo is.

Give it a rest dude.

7th pick in a draft that occurred 4 months ago not several years ago.  It's a moot point now that Randle broke his leg, but do you seriously think Rondo is worth more than a mid lottery pick in a strong draft? 

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2014, 02:48:40 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
Excuse the rest of us who believe that the Rondo for Laker garbage suggestion makes little sense or is ridiculously unrealistic. Some people actually think when trading a player of Rondo's caliber the object of the trade should be to make the Celtics a better team, not a worse one.
exactly Nick.  some people are just hellbent on trading Rondo for any pile of garbage they can get.

Yeah a guy who went 7th overall is garbage.  Terrible haul for a fringe all star on the last year of his contract.

Just out of curiosity, how many other players in their 20s (or even early 30s) that made the last 4 all-star games they were healthy for "fringe all-stars? Just list 2-3 so I can get a better idea of what that term means to you.

I would consider a fringe all star to be a guy who may or may not make the all star team in a given year.  Someone who is on the bubble, i.e. 20th-35th best player in the league.  Rondo has made 1 all nba third team, so let's not make it out like he is a sure fire all star like Chris Paul or Russell Westbrook.  Joe Johnson makes the all star team pretty frequently but I wouldn't say he is a guaranteed all star caliber player.

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2014, 02:50:24 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't know if Rondo is worth the 7th pick in a deep draft, but I'm sure he's worth more than (pre-injury) Julius Randle.

That is 110 percent me not understanding why people think he (Randle) was going to make an outstanding pro, though. I don't/didn't see it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2014, 03:01:18 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
I don't know if Rondo is worth the 7th pick in a deep draft, but I'm sure he's worth more than (pre-injury) Julius Randle.

That is 110 percent me not understanding why people think he (Randle) was going to make an outstanding pro, though. I don't/didn't see it.

That's fair.  I am not 100% certain he will be an outstanding pro either. I do think he will have a better career than Sullinger or Olynyk though.  I guess my main issue is I don't see any team wanting to acquire Rondo (that he would also be wiling to extend with) that has a better prospect than him. 

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2014, 03:04:10 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Randle reminds me an awful lot of a young Zach Randolph, which is good, but I think in a Monte Carlo-style simulation Randolph probably burns out of the league at least 3-4 times out of 10, which is bad.