Author Topic: Steve Nash out for the entire season.  (Read 12092 times)

Re: Steve Nash out for the entire season.
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2014, 11:40:18 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
And?  He wants to get paid.  You're telling me every other player doesn't want to get paid?

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2014, 12:02:24 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
After two years of collecting a paycheck and playing less than half of the games...I'm telling you that los Nash is an idiot for saying it.

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2014, 12:08:02 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
After two years of collecting a paycheck and playing less than half of the games...I'm telling you that los Nash is an idiot for saying it.

We get it, you hate Nash. Most everyone else really likes and respects him though, and your posts aren't doing a thing to change those opinions. Also, so do other NBA players, look at all the well-wishes and respect he has gotten on Twitter since the news came out that he's out for the year, they all expect him in the hall of fame as a 1st ballot entry. He is a class act and did his best to play through extreme, debilitating pain. He had a congenital spine issue, it's amazing he even had a NBA career. He never sat out games before his broken leg, which lead to major spine/nerve damage. That type of injury is impossible to overcome.

He is not an idiot for saying what everyone knows, every single player wants to collect their salary, even KG who is totally cooked and playing for a non-playoff team in Brooklyn who kept saying he would retire if he was not ready to help contend for a title.

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2014, 12:11:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Yeah but Nash once said he didn't like an Arizona immigration law that a lot of other people also didn't like, therefore he hates America and is a bad person forever QED. 

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2014, 12:15:14 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
anyone else think  Mitch Kupchak took nash out himself for the good of the team ;)
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2014, 01:18:13 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Yeah but Nash once said he didn't like an Arizona immigration law that a lot of other people also didn't like, therefore he hates America and is a bad person forever QED.

Seems legit to me.

Pictured: Me.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2014, 01:20:07 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Some of you guys just love ignoring reality to make your inane points.

QFT
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2014, 02:44:02 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Tell you what. I will consider possibly someday agreeing with this view as soon as a team voluntarily gives a 10 million dollar bonus toa player who outperforms a comtract.

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2014, 03:04:19 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
First of all, I've always liked Nash, and it was terrible to see him in that jersey, but hey, at least he's been a net negative for the Fakers.

Second, I'd send Lil' Phil and Thornton to LA for Nash+ the Houston 2015 first round pick the Lakers own. This would open a roster spot, playing time for Turner at PG (where he should play) and keep salary flexibility. Lakers would probably not like it, but they don't seem to have a plan with that Kobe monster contract.

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2014, 05:42:33 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
And?  He wants to get paid.  You're telling me every other player doesn't want to get paid?

Seems legit to me.

If he wants to weigh in on our country's laws....Perhaps los Nash should apply for citizenship.  Otherwise if he doesn't like it here...Maybe he could go back to Canada....Where he'd make about 13k instead of 13M for being a great offensive PG who doesn't play defense.

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2014, 06:01:46 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
I'm sure you've never said anything about another country's foreign or domestic policies in your life. Ever.

« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2014, 06:09:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Seems legit to me.

If he wants to weigh in on our country's laws....Perhaps los Nash should apply for citizenship.  Otherwise if he doesn't like it here...Maybe he could go back to Canada....Where he'd make about 13k instead of 13M for being a great offensive PG who doesn't play defense.

Maybe you forgot that Canada has an NBA pro team that pays NBA pro salaries. You also forgot that the U.S.A. has freedom of speech, Nash has all the right to say whatever he wants.

« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2014, 06:17:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm sure you've never said anything about another country's foreign or domestic policies in your life. Ever.

Whenever the "Land of the Free (to Agree with Me)" card gets played, it's a pretty good sign that consistency-based arguments aren't going to make a dent.  Nash should've just respected our freedoms by not using them.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:31:19 PM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2014, 06:30:29 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Whenever the "Land of the Free (to Agree with Me)" card gets played, it's a pretty good sign that rational arguments aren't going to make a dent.  Nash should've just respected our freedoms by not using them.

los Nash*

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2014, 07:12:23 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Seems legit to me.

He's here because Americans are entertained enough by his skills to pay him exorbitant amounts of money to live here and play here. 

Nash appears to be a human being (albiet a Laker) with opinions which I, for one, am OK with him expressing -- even if he is a foreigner.   I hear conservative talk-radio folks getting frustrated when people these days are so sensitive about everything ("you can't even make a joke anymore"). I wonder if they ever think to themselves -- what am I sensitive about?  Maybe foreigners who speak their mind?   We all have things that strike a nerve.