Author Topic: Steve Nash out for the entire season.  (Read 12116 times)

Re: Steve Nash out for the entire season.
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2014, 12:45:59 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
last year's Lakers team was -Kobe, no Boozer and no Lin. They had Young would wanted to be Kobe 2.0, Gasol, and everyone else are pretty much scrubs

This year was last year's team with help, and a 7th pick in Julius Randle who in my opinion is ready to contribute. I think his rookie year, he is definitely and 8 and 4 guy off the bench starting off with room to grow as the season progresses

Young isn't out for the season, so when he comes back he can provide Kobe with rest.

A fully healthy Lakers team (without Nash), should at least sniff playoffs if not be 8th seed at the very least
They were 22 games off the 8th seed last year.

How does a bunch of lateral moves at best and Kobe's return make up for that?

A healthy Kobe makes up for that all by itself.   No way a team with a healthy Kobe doesn't make the playoffs.

... it already happened when he was in his prime.

Exact dumundo. Also, not sure Kobe is going to really be fully healthy - his injury isn't an easy one to completely recover from, certainly not at his age. I think they might be a little better, but other teams in the West improved, too.

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2014, 12:52:59 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Also, the hell is this nonsense that Nash only played "when he felt like playing?"  He broke his freaking leg and has been suffering nerve issues ever since.

Some of you guys just love ignoring reality to make your inane points.

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2014, 12:55:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
last year's Lakers team was -Kobe, no Boozer and no Lin. They had Young would wanted to be Kobe 2.0, Gasol, and everyone else are pretty much scrubs

This year was last year's team with help, and a 7th pick in Julius Randle who in my opinion is ready to contribute. I think his rookie year, he is definitely and 8 and 4 guy off the bench starting off with room to grow as the season progresses

Young isn't out for the season, so when he comes back he can provide Kobe with rest.

A fully healthy Lakers team (without Nash), should at least sniff playoffs if not be 8th seed at the very least

A healthy Kobe makes up for that all by itself.   No way a team with a healthy Kobe doesn't make the playoffs.

Yeah, a team with a healthy - and young - Kobe has already missed the playoffs.  And now at 36 and coming off two major injuries he's going to improve them by 22 wins even after losing Gasol?  What a bizarre argument.

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2014, 12:59:37 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Also, Price has already been pegged as the starter over Lin so that tells you something about Lin and about the Lakers new coach. They won't sniff the playoffs this year, the only question is do they get a top 5 pick or no pick.

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2014, 01:02:10 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Finkle, guess 40s aren't supposed to be injured? Do you think he's been faking his degenerative back condition for nearly 10 years just waiting for the twilight of his career to take a few years off with "injury"? He said he wanted to get paid, that's true of pretty much every athlete from KG to LBJ to Kobe to Paul Pierce.

Kobe got paid for doing nothing on the court last year, and given his age and injury status could easily do the same this year and/or the next. Somehow I doubt you'll apply the same standard to him. Of course Kobe isn't prone to political statements that cause derisive knicknames from you either.

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2014, 01:03:18 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Yeah, a team with a healthy - and young - Kobe has already missed the playoffs.  And now at 36 and coming off two major injuries he's going to improve them by 22 wins even after losing Gasol?  What a bizarre argument.

we should put a bet on it, losing side pays for beer :)

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2014, 01:05:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I'll bet you a 1000 of my TPs (well I have 992 but by end of season I'll have that much)

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Finkle, guess 40s aren't supposed to be injured? Do you think he's been faking his degenerative back condition for nearly 10 years just waiting for the twilight of his career to take a few years off with "injury"? He said he wanted to get paid, that's true of pretty much every athlete from KG to LBJ to Kobe to Paul Pierce.

Kobe got paid for doing nothing on the court last year, and given his age and injury status could easily do the same this year and/or the next. Somehow I doubt you'll apply the same standard to him. Of course Kobe isn't prone to political statements that cause derisive knicknames from you either.

Yeah, Nash also had a congenital issue with his spine, it's amazing he even had an NBA career. I applaud him for being honest enough to say he wants the money remaining in his contract, as most everyone else would totally take the money but pretend that it's not the main issue. Nash is a class act and a cool guy, he deserved a better end to his career.

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2014, 01:07:03 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

I dunno, I like some pretty fancy beer  :P

I will bet you a TP they don't make the playoffs, though.  If we remember it in April.

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2014, 01:37:51 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas

I dunno, I like some pretty fancy beer  :P

I will bet you a TP they don't make the playoffs, though.  If we remember it in April.

I like fancy beers too :), just not IPAs blecch. But it will be cool though, a Celtics meetup :)

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2014, 01:43:04 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'll settle on some hard liquor and a TP.

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2014, 01:45:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
All right then it's settled.  Belgian beers, Jack Daniels and Tommy Points for all.  Now what did this have to do with the Lakers again?   :)

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2014, 02:20:12 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
All right then it's settled.  Belgian beers, Jack Daniels and Tommy Points for all.  Now what did this have to do with the Lakers again?   :)

LOVE Belgian Beer, I have a store across my office that sells import beers...had a White Wing, pretty good. Betting on buying one round of beer on whether or not Lakers make playoffs? haha

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2014, 02:23:55 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The last time I bet nice beer on the outcome of a Lakers game, it was June 17th, 2010.  :'(
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2014, 11:38:18 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Also, the hell is this nonsense that Nash only played "when he felt like playing?"  He broke his freaking leg and has been suffering nerve issues ever since.

Some of you guys just love ignoring reality to make your inane points.

....Except los Nash pretty much told us what his intentions were with his "I want the money" line.

Also...The term "classy" or "class act" is one of the most overused terms ever.  I've heard it used in here with los Nash...Who slams the country that made him wealthy beyond comprehension every chance he gets.....In addition to playing when he feels like playing.   I've seen it used in here with Derek Fisher...One of the dirtiest players in league history who has bailed on 3 teams while under contract.  That is inane.