Author Topic: We are going to be better than people think  (Read 30728 times)

Re: We are going to be better than people think
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2014, 10:03:36 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Our post defense is bad, watching the game, I saw Sully get beat numerous times.   He is ok in other aspects of the game.

Brad did not play Zeller in the second half.

I thought that was stupid.

« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2014, 10:10:14 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Our post defense is bad, watching the game, I saw Sully get beat numerous times.   He is ok in other aspects of the game.

Well that's why he's the coach and you're not.  He must've saw something we didn't see. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2014, 10:14:12 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Chris22 I will gladly take that bet. If the Celtics are not the second worse or worst team in the division this season I will post whatever you want as my avatar or signature. If I win I get to pick your avatar and signature, effective from when this season ends until the 2015-2016 begins.

I'll take that bet

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2014, 10:36:33 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Well that's why he's the coach and you're not.  He must've saw something we didn't see.

What he saw was the Nets scoring a lot inside in the second half.

« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2014, 02:20:43 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
If you look at the schedule, 25 wins seems to be a reasonable estimate. But this team also seems to have the ability and motivation to overachieve. Motivation may be the most important factor here. I'm getting the impression Rondo loves his role as the leader... that, combined with our depth, early contributions from Smart, and what appears to be good coaching... I think it's possible. ATL got 8th seed with 38 wins last year. Sounds like a serious reach, but I do think it's at least somewhat within the realm of possibility. Think it will be a fun season, regardless, which is exciting in and of itself. Looking forward to seeing the growth of our young guys. And I do hope we keep Rondo.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2014, 03:16:38 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

What he saw was the Nets scoring a lot inside in the second half.

From what I've read, Zeller is slow laterally. Doesn't help much here.

« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2014, 11:35:59 AM »

Offline TheGreenBrit

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
The conference is ours!!...Now I've woken up :P

« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2014, 11:43:05 AM »

Offline Kc2135

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 35
Unfortunately, being a Celtics' fan in Oklahoma I've had a hard time all off-season convincing my friends that Boston will be a playoff team this year. I'm keeping my expectations tempered, but I did send out a mass text last night letting everyone know the score. I will be making my annual trip to Dallas next Monday to proudly wear my Rondo jersey and support Boston. If anyone is around that area and going to the game I hope to see you there. 

« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2014, 11:50:36 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
We have a very good coach.  Maybe the best new coach in league .

He has them prepared and ready to play .

He ll get every ounce of talent out of this team .  H

Making do with what you have.

« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2014, 12:46:48 PM »

Offline Cammycakes

• Neemias Queta
If this team can remain relatively healthy this season anything's possible. There will be growing pains with the young guys but how could you not love the way they competed last night? Gimme that same effort night in and night out and we could possibly be a few games shy of 500. #WhyNotUs

« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2014, 12:54:22 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If this team can remain relatively healthy this season anything's possible. There will be growing pains with the young guys but how could you not love the way they competed last night? Gimme that same effort night in and night out and we could possibly be a few games shy of 500. #WhyNotUs
TP for your first post and the name alone is worth one.

« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2014, 01:08:30 PM »

Offline Cammycakes

• Neemias Queta
TP for your first post and the name alone is worth one.

Thank you very much  :) 

« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2014, 01:13:26 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Unfortunately, being a Celtics' fan in Oklahoma I've had a hard time all off-season convincing my friends that Boston will be a playoff team this year. I'm keeping my expectations tempered, but I did send out a mass text last night letting everyone know the score. I will be making my annual trip to Dallas next Monday to proudly wear my Rondo jersey and support Boston. If anyone is around that area and going to the game I hope to see you there.
Yes, it's generally hard to convince people in something that's not very likely. Sure, a 20+ point win against a dysfunctional squad missing their best player is nice. However, the problems remain.

1. Rondo can't shoot. Not from three, not from outside of 15 feet, and not from the free throw line. After another season with no visible progress whatsoever, I think it's time to accept that he is what he is at this point.
2. No go-to scoring in the starting lineup.
3. No players that can create reliably create their own shot in the clutch.

Sure, it seems that unlike last season, we no longer have to play guys that are not NBA caliber players at this stage of their careers (e.g. Pressey, Wallace), but that's only moderately reassuring.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2014, 01:33:35 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Yes, it's generally hard to convince people in something that's not very likely. Sure, a 20+ point win against a dysfunctional squad missing their best player is nice. However, the problems remain.

1. Rondo can't shoot. Not from three, not from outside of 15 feet, and not from the free throw line. After another season with no visible progress whatsoever, I think it's time to accept that he is what he is at this point.
2. No go-to scoring in the starting lineup.
3. No players that can create reliably create their own shot in the clutch.

Sure, it seems that unlike last season, we no longer have to play guys that are not NBA caliber players at this stage of their careers (e.g. Pressey, Wallace), but that's only moderately reassuring.

Not going to argue anything in the bolded, but the PGs that CAN shoot, are explosive, etc - have no banners.

One of them (CP3) will probably not make it out of the West. The other one that I've seen CBloggers covet (Westbrook) - so far isn't looking too good as the MAIN man.

It's all relative, right?

For all you say that BOS isn't right now - a win is a win. I believe we'll win more than lose this season. We are, as the thread title states - going to be better than people think.

« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2014, 01:36:46 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
We have a very good coach.  Maybe the best new coach in league .

He has them prepared and ready to play .

He ll get every ounce of talent out of this team .  H

Making do with what you have.
stevens may simply be one of THE best coaches in the nba now, the "new" label be [dang]ed.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva