Author Topic: Kevin Love says he needs more touches in the paint to return to form  (Read 5356 times)

Re: Kevin Love says he needs more touches in the paint to return to form
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2014, 03:33:07 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
If the Heat are healthy at playoff time, I would pick them to beat the Cavs
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2014, 04:21:41 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would take that bet.

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2014, 04:28:04 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Sure Wade is another year older but he is only 32 and he's coming off a season where he averaged 19, 5 and 5 shooting 55% and netting a PER of 22. If you round his 4.6's and 4.7's up he has averaged 20+ points 5 rebounds and 5 assists every year of his career except his rookie season, 08 where he averaged 4.2 rebounds, and last year when he missed 20 ppg. His game has slowed and he'll always be an injury risk but being the second banana to Lebron he still averaged 20, 5 and 5 consistently. It's like people think Wade has fallen off the face of the earth when he is still capable of putting up good numbers and proves it by doing it.

A Bosh, Wade, Deng trio might not be number one in the east but there is no reason to think they won't be fighting for home court advantage come playoff time. And with their playoff experience they could easily be a ECF contender.

Wade played 49, 69 and 54 games the last 3 seasons, averaging 3 to 5 minutes less than he usually had before that, and he STILL looked physically shot at times over the last two years.  That, and the fact that they lost their team leader in points, rebounds, assists and steals, is why folks doubt the heat.

Mike
How many games has Derek Rose played in the past three seasons?   People have no problems claiming the bulls will contend.  Why should Wade and the heat be any different?
At At the end of the day it doesn't matter who they've lost...it matters who they have now,  versus who their opponents have.  By no means are they favorites, but they shouldn't be ignored either.  With Lebron gone, Wade may well put up 24/6/6 and reestablish himself as an elite superstar.  When you can score 19 on 55% shooting,  then giving him a bigger role could easily see him put up 24 on 47% shooting.

There still isn't another team in the east with a better two-way trio than Bosh, Wade, Deng.  If it's true that defender wins championships,  then Cleveland have no hope Haha
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:33:48 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2014, 04:34:20 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The Bulls have been able to pull of ~50 win seasons in spite of their offensive woes. Now they've actually got guys on their team who can score, and they've upgraded from Boozer to Pau.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2014, 04:51:01 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
The Bulls have been able to pull of ~50 win seasons in spite of their offensive woes. Now they've actually got guys on their team who can score, and they've upgraded from Boozer to Pau.

True.  The biggest question is (at this juncture of his career) how much of an upgrade, if any, Pau is on Boozer.  Initially, I'm saying at least a slight upgrade.  Could very well end up being more.  Depth is where I feel like that team got much better.

Obviously, the biggest question of them all is Rose. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2014, 09:50:11 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Hello, rookie coach.

As a long time fan of David Blatt - I can tell you he is more than capable of handling Love and his issues.

Also, Lebron (as much as I hate to say this) is very unselfish and will have no problem giving up shots to get the wins. As good as he is scoring, he likes to dish even more.

Agree. Blatt's going to be fine.
I also have a high esteem for Blatt. I am Greek and watch plenty of European basketball. No doubt he is a great coach.
But the fact remains that he is a rookie in the NBA. I am not so worried about him handling diva personalities, but rather about coming up with a winning strategy for the Cavs. Remember when he signed with the Cavs, LBJ was not there and the roof of the expectations was the 2nd round of the playoffs. IMHO only time will tell whether his European experience will translate into success [his mission in Cleveland would have been extremely difficult for anyone not just him]. Personally, I think he will have a really tough time.

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2014, 10:11:12 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

True.  The biggest question is (at this juncture of his career) how much of an upgrade, if any, Pau is on Boozer.  Initially, I'm saying at least a slight upgrade.  Could very well end up being more.  Depth is where I feel like that team got much better.

Pau at least does things beyond shoot midrange jumpers and shout "AAAAAYEEE," so he's a significant upgrade in that regard.

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2014, 10:14:57 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Better passer, better range, defensive wash. I think I agree with your assessment. I'm not very high on McBuckets but Mirotic looks like the guy Dougie McD could turn into, so there's some pretty solid redundancy if one of them is ice cold on any given evening.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2014, 10:16:17 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

Pau at least does things beyond shoot midrange jumpers and shout "AAAAAYEEE," so he's a significant upgrade in that regard.

I'm also pretty sure he doesn't use shoe polish on his head to make it look like he has hair.

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2014, 10:18:07 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

Better passer, better range, defensive wash. I think I agree with your assessment. I'm not very high on McBuckets but Mirotic looks like the guy Dougie McD could turn into, so there's some pretty solid redundancy if one of them is ice cold on any given evening.

I think they're looking for just any sort of offensive spark.  Whether its Mirotic or McDermott, I'm not sure they really care at the moment. Anything would be an upgrade from last season.