Author Topic: Kevin Love says he needs more touches in the paint to return to form  (Read 5355 times)

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
"My entire life I've played the game from inside-out," Love explained to NEOMG. "So the more touches I can get inside to get myself going, the better. I'm not accustomed to starting out a game shooting a three, so it's just something that I see.

"I'm 26-years-old and I've been playing basketball for quite a long time. Just finding ways to mix it up. If anything, keeping it around the basket a little bit more and the offense will allow me to get offensive rebounds. That will be tough for teams with Andy [Varejao] and myself and Tristan [Thompson] in there."

His long-ball threat is a valuable weapon; the reason head coach David Blatt is utilizing him in that fashion. Love says the offense calls for him to be out on the perimeter, but he says he has to make sure he remembers to go inside more.

Love, out of The Big Three, will have to make the biggest adjustment to his game. It's always that way for bigs. They have to rely on perimeter players to locate them in scoring opportunities.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2014/10/cleveland_cavaliers_forward_ke.html

Bosh was on to something,but anytime you have stars that join forces you have to sacrifice something from your game. Some players just have to sacrifice more. Interesting to see how this plays out.

Re: Kevin Love says he needs more touches in the paint to return to form
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 10:24:43 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
And so the saga begins.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:46:56 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
well, Love was the one who decided he would rather ride Lebrons coat-tails as a 3rd option than be "the man" up in Boston.

and we are already seeing that he is less effective as Lebron/Kyrie are the top 2 options and Love is relegated to the 3rd option.

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 10:49:54 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Good luck with that!! Bosh found that out
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 10:54:25 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't know if I said this already, like once before maybe, but Kevin Love sucks.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 10:58:53 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
I don't know if I said this already, like once before maybe, but Kevin Love sucks.

TP. He sounds like a Laker, plays defense like most of them.

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 11:00:42 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
wondering how much the team will lose while trying to become cohesive and if the level of dissention will rise high enough to break up the new 'superfriends' after this season.  would 'love' it if Love decided not to re-up with Cleveland after this season in favor of somewhere else with cap space that allowed him to be the man on offense.

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 11:04:34 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
I really don't think the Cavs will win the East this year..Chicago is the favorites I think..and don't count out the Heat if they can stay healthy
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 11:20:08 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Hello, rookie coach.

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 11:23:29 AM »

Offline Joe Green

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 25
Hello, rookie coach.

As a long time fan of David Blatt - I can tell you he is more than capable of handling Love and his issues.

Also, Lebron (as much as I hate to say this) is very unselfish and will have no problem giving up shots to get the wins. As good as he is scoring, he likes to dish even more.

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Hello, rookie coach.

As a long time fan of David Blatt - I can tell you he is more than capable of handling Love and his issues.

Also, Lebron (as much as I hate to say this) is very unselfish and will have no problem giving up shots to get the wins. As good as he is scoring, he likes to dish even more.

Agree. Blatt's going to be fine.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 11:43:27 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I really can't wait to play the Cavs, just like it was against Miami in the past seasons, Boston's one of the few teams in the league that can match-up well against them.

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 12:10:27 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Wow I cant believe how early this is starting. bad sign for them :)

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 12:29:42 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
As much as I'd love to see the Cavs unravel, I do think Love's comments above where takens somewhat out of context. 

Reading the article, it sounds more like he's talking about looking for ways to break out of the pre-season slump that he had, than like somebody who is whining about where he's getting his touches.  He even says it's on him to establish himself more on the interior and that coach wants him to find ways to score inside. 

I wouldn't get too excited about the implosion of the Cleveland Cavaliers just yet. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 01:04:13 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
As much as I'd love to see the Cavs unravel, I do think Love's comments above where takens somewhat out of context. 

Reading the article, it sounds more like he's talking about looking for ways to break out of the pre-season slump that he had, than like somebody who is whining about where he's getting his touches.  He even says it's on him to establish himself more on the interior and that coach wants him to find ways to score inside. 

I wouldn't get too excited about the implosion of the Cleveland Cavaliers just yet.

Unfortunately there are thousands of people in the media who feel otherwise. We are going to be hearing stuff like this all year, I bet.