Author Topic: Sullinger 2014-2015 Statistics  (Read 11795 times)

Re: Sullinger 2014-2015 Statistics
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2014, 01:43:23 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'm going with 18 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists. Points may be an overestimate, but the way he's rebounding, I think 12 a game is spot on, 10 is an underestimate.

Will he be an all-star? No, our team will still suck and there are too many PFs with more fan appeal and more established amongst coaches.

If Sully averages 18, 12, and 3, it seems to me that there's a fairly good chance that our team won't suck.

We'd have one of the top point guards in the league, one of the top power forwards in the league, some good role players, great depth, and a smart, hungry young coach.  We look like we'll be a good three point shooting team, with a more than respectable defense.

No, if Sully can reach those heights this year, there would be absolutely no reason for us to suck.

The question, still, as how strong (or rather, weak) the C's frontcourt D will be. So however nice it would be for Sully and the C's for him to deliver those numbers, they don't really tell the story of how not-bad the team might be.

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 01:52:43 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm going with 18 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists. Points may be an overestimate, but the way he's rebounding, I think 12 a game is spot on, 10 is an underestimate.

Will he be an all-star? No, our team will still suck and there are too many PFs with more fan appeal and more established amongst coaches.

If Sully averages 18, 12, and 3, it seems to me that there's a fairly good chance that our team won't suck.

We'd have one of the top point guards in the league, one of the top power forwards in the league, some good role players, great depth, and a smart, hungry young coach.  We look like we'll be a good three point shooting team, with a more than respectable defense.

No, if Sully can reach those heights this year, there would be absolutely no reason for us to suck.

The question, still, as how strong (or rather, weak) the C's frontcourt D will be. So however nice it would be for Sully and the C's for him to deliver those numbers, they don't really tell the story of how not-bad the team might be.

They certainly tell part of the story.  If Sully can put up All Star numbers this year, there's no way this team shouldn't at least be in contention for one of the final playoff spots in the East.

Do you think that our defense is going to regress from last year?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2014, 02:07:42 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas

They certainly tell part of the story.  If Sully can put up All Star numbers this year, there's no way this team shouldn't at least be in contention for one of the final playoff spots in the East.

No, I think it will be a bit better, but still woeful up front. And, if more stats are concentrated with one player, rather than spread around more evenly across the team, that doesn't necessarily mean the team is going to be better.

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 02:24:25 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

No, I think it will be a bit better, but still woeful up front. And, if more stats are concentrated with one player, rather than spread around more evenly across the team, that doesn't necessarily mean the team is going to be better.

No, not necessarily, but if we get a breakout year from Sully to go with the return of a healthy Rondo, we could certainly be better than the twenty-five wins that many are predicting for us again. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2014, 02:39:48 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

No center in the league averaged 36 minutes per game last season. The closest is Joakim Noah with 35.3 MPG. Jared Sullinger is NOT going to play 36 minutes this year.

30 minutes, 9 rebounds, 14.5 points, 1.5 assists, 0.5 steals, 1 block, 1 turnover

These are Sullinger numbers, and they're real good. Don't project him for Kevin Garnett numbers, people.

Unless you're talking 2013 Garnett, haha. You pegged his numbers from that year almost exactly.

Ha! I'll take it!

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2014, 02:54:52 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
So you're including Zach Randolph's best year in the conversation now  ;D

I have no doubt that Sullinger can hit those sort of numbers in preseason games against somewhat lessened defensive pressure.

I'm just posting numbers.  If he can play 36 minutes per game, cray-cray as it may sound to you, I don't think 17 and 11 is out of the question.
"If he can play 36 minutes per game" at a high level, now that's the really big question. If he can, then 17/11 certainly isn't out of the question and neither is 18/12.

I think he'll play fewer than 36 mpg, though, and end up at somewhere around 15/10. That's still a very good season.

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2014, 05:25:47 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
He's my favorite Celtic, but he's not Wayne "the Wall" Embry...yet. Hell, Wayne could actually jump...a requirement amongst NBA players.

Sullinger tossed 209 - 3 point attempts last year and missed a bunch, more than a bunch really.

Now, the way I see it, he goes from 27% from three to what? 34.5%? That should get his PPG up a decent amount. I love Sully's game, but I have very poor judgement.

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2014, 06:05:48 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas

No, not necessarily, but if we get a breakout year from Sully to go with the return of a healthy Rondo, we could certainly be better than the twenty-five wins that many are predicting for us again.

I expect they'll be better than 25 wins anyway. Just Stevens's improvement alone is good for a 5-win gain over last year.

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2014, 07:15:46 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
15/9.  Avery Bradley's more likely to score 18 ppg.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2014, 06:58:34 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
What do you guys think Sullinger will average this season?

During the preseason, Sully averaged roughly 14.8 pts, 10.8 rebs, 3.9 asts, 1.3 stl, in 26 mins. per game.

Considering he'll probably play roughly 32 minutes per game, I think he'll average right around 18 pts, 10 rebs, and 3 assists a game. I think the addition of Rondo in the lineup will give him a couple more easy looks at the rim per game and increase his preseason scoring output.

What do you guys think?
OK, this will sound obnoxious, but I am really not doing it on purpose.
Statistics is the study of the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation and organization of data.
Since we have no data here best thing we could is a prediction. But since no one is going to get in the trouble to actually spend a couple of hours working on previous years' data to make a serious projection, we are talking about pure speculation.
Nothing wrong with that, but let's keep our cool, because there is only a thin line separating speculation from BS.

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2014, 08:13:59 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

During the preseason, Sully averaged roughly 14.8 pts, 10.8 rebs, 3.9 asts, 1.3 stl, in 26 mins. per game.

Considering he'll probably play roughly 32 minutes per game, I think he'll average right around 18 pts, 10 rebs, and 3 assists a game. I think the addition of Rondo in the lineup will give him a couple more easy looks at the rim per game and increase his preseason scoring output.

What do you guys think?
Statistics is the study of the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation and organization of data.
Since we have no data here best thing we could is a prediction. But since no one is going to get in the trouble to actually spend a couple of hours working on previous years' data to make a serious projection, we are talking about pure speculation.
Nothing wrong with that, but let's keep our cool, because there is only a thin line separating speculation from BS.

Statistics is the study of the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation and organization of data, but the term statistics can also be used to refer to the data itself, not just the study of that data. He's asking people to predict what that data will average out to. There's nothing wrong with that.

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2014, 08:57:53 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

What do you guys think?

Statistics is the study of the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation and organization of data, but the term statistics can also be used to refer to the data itself, not just the study of that data. He's asking people to predict what that data will average out to. There's nothing wrong with that.
Fair point. But debating whether his average will be 17/11 or 18/12 is sort of stretching it.

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2014, 11:44:57 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Debating any of the "predictions" no matter the numbers is stretching it. People shouldn't bother, just post their own predictions and be done with it.

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2014, 11:48:26 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Debating any of the "predictions" no matter the numbers is stretching it. People shouldn't bother, just post their own predictions and be done with it.

Well, I think some of them are a bit outlandish.  I don't think its an issue to address those.  Especially if you're pulling out numbers to explain that something like 8 guys in the history of the NBA have accomplished it.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2014, 12:04:48 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Well, I think some of them are a bit outlandish.  I don't think its an issue to address those.  Especially if you're pulling out numbers to explain that something like 8 guys in the history of the NBA have accomplished it.

But what is the point of addressing it if the poster believes that will be his stat? Sure some stats seem more unlikely than others but they are simply giving their personal opinion which was the OP's question. They answered a prediction question they are not wrong till the season is over.