Author Topic: Sullinger 2014-2015 Statistics  (Read 11767 times)

Re: Sullinger 2014-2015 Statistics
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 07:09:30 AM »

Offline IlCapitano

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
I'm going with 18 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists. Points may be an overestimate, but the way he's rebounding, I think 12 a game is spot on, 10 is an underestimate.

Will he be an all-star? No, our team will still suck and there are too many PFs with more fan appeal and more established amongst coaches.
This.
Tommy Heinsohn:"Worst nightmare in the NBA is Rondo with a jump shot." B-)

Celtic Pride!

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 07:40:48 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He has played great but I wish he would take the next step and get in better shape.   Sky could be limit if he did that.

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 08:23:20 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
its his 3rd year, and it looks like he is ready for a breakout season.

I say 17ppg, 12rpg

he is rebounding like a madman out there and he looks to have improved his shooting touch.

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 08:39:15 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
He has played great but I wish he would take the next step and get in better shape.   Sky could be limit if he did that.

This.

And I know he's playing well so I hate to knock him more but his defense is still atrocious. There were so many times in the game last night where he was so completely lost on the defensive rotation that led to an easy wide up Nets Reserves layup.

Can't knock his offense though. He's been a rebounding machine and scoring nicely. His preseason went way beyond what I expected of Sully.

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 09:53:32 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm going with 18 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists. Points may be an overestimate, but the way he's rebounding, I think 12 a game is spot on, 10 is an underestimate.

Will he be an all-star? No, our team will still suck and there are too many PFs with more fan appeal and more established amongst coaches.

If Sully averages 18, 12, and 3, it seems to me that there's a fairly good chance that our team won't suck.

We'd have one of the top point guards in the league, one of the top power forwards in the league, some good role players, great depth, and a smart, hungry young coach.  We look like we'll be a good three point shooting team, with a more than respectable defense.

No, if Sully can reach those heights this year, there would be absolutely no reason for us to suck. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 09:58:15 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

If Sully averages 18, 12, and 3, it seems to me that there's a fairly good chance that our team won't suck.

We'd have one of the top point guards in the league, one of the top power forwards in the league, some good role players, great depth, and a smart, hungry young coach.  We look like we'll be a good three point shooting team, with a more than respectable defense.

No, if Sully can reach those heights this year, there would be absolutely no reason for us to suck.

Not to mention averaging 18-12-3 is impressively hard to do:
http://bkref.com/tiny/2tMgo

So, yeah, I'm with you -- if Sullinger starts playing at that level, our team probably won't suck. OTOH, I think that's more evidence to the unlikelihood of those numbers than a vote of confidence in Sully's development.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 09:59:57 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
15/8
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 10:09:45 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

So, yeah, I'm with you -- if Sullinger starts playing at that level, our team probably won't suck. OTOH, I think that's more evidence to the unlikelihood of those numbers than a vote of confidence in Sully's development.

What if he puts up 14, 9, and 2, say, would we still suck, then?  Are we just destined to suck, no matter how well our individual players play, or how well they play as a team?

Should we just accept suckitude as the only possibility? 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 10:14:21 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Just saying that 18-12-3 is a bit more rare than is being described here. If Sullinger was averaging those numbers he'd be a serious snub when it came to the all star break.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 10:20:13 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
Just saying that 18-12-3 is a bit more rare than is being described here. If Sullinger was averaging those numbers he'd be a serious snub when it came to the all star break.

Oh, no doubt.  Those are all star numbers, for sure. 

I know it's only preseason, and maybe we shouldn't get too excited, but just for fun, I'm going to post his preseason per 36 stats:

20.7 PPG, 15.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, .522 FG%, .500 3P%.

Ah, forget about it, I'm throwing caution right into the wind, and I'm going to go ahead and get excited. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2014, 10:26:29 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be

I think there is some green goggle fantasy land type thinking going on if they think Sullinger is going to jump up to those numbers.  That'd be insane if he jumped to that. He's going to increase his rebounding four rebounds a game AND boost his PPG another four or so?   

I love the wishful thinking but that's just a leap of faith there.  Something like 15/8 or 15/9 wouldn't surprise me. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2014, 10:30:20 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
17 points, 10 rebounds.

I'm going with 15 points, 9 rebounds.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2014, 10:32:48 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Nice link. In short, Sully would have morphed into KG/Shaq/Duncan/Webber.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2014, 10:34:39 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
If he can manage to log 36 minutes per game this year, and score and rebound at the same rate he did last year, we'll be looking at 17, 11, and 2.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2014, 10:56:18 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
So you're including Zach Randolph's best year in the conversation now  ;D

I have no doubt that Sullinger can hit those sort of numbers in preseason games against somewhat lessened defensive pressure.