Author Topic: Quincy Miller  (Read 1424 times)

Quincy Miller
« on: October 22, 2014, 12:08:22 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
He was just released by the Nuggets, only 21 and imo still has a lot of room to grow at least into a rotational player. I'd take him over the Stanford kid honestly...6'10, athletic and has a lot of defensive potential.

I doubt it happens but would another classic, "low risk/high reward" move by Danny boy.

Re: Quincy Miller
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 12:18:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This team needs more young players with high upside potential like Smart and Young not young players with at best rotation player level potential like Powell and Miller.

Pass on Miller.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 12:19:22 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
He was just released by the Nuggets, only 21 and imo still has a lot of room to grow at least into a rotational player. I'd take him over the Stanford kid honestly...6'10, athletic and has a lot of defensive potential.

I doubt it happens but would another classic, "low risk/high reward" move by Danny boy.
TP for the idea, but everything suggests they are going for the "Stanford kid".

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 12:25:51 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32

TP for the idea, but everything suggests they are going for the "Stanford kid".

I forgot his name...he can shoot, but I just don't think he's athletic enough to be a good defender. Quincy Miller has all of the physical tools to be a defensive beast and is super athletic.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 01:23:19 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Too skinny, IMHO.

Besides he is a SF and I am pretty happy with Young's potential there.

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 01:25:05 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Eh, I don't see what he brings to the table that's different from what the current wings provide.  Bigger concern should be scouring the market for centers.

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 01:28:38 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Miller still has a relatively high ceiling but there is a reason he fell to 2nd round and was just released. I would rather the Cs keep Powell. Where he doesn't project as a future starter he may be able to develop into a nice utility bench player in the Jared Jeffries mold but with more offensive polish.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 04:04:32 PM »

Offline Greenpoison

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Met Miller this summer and he was a cool guy. He is also still recovering from a torn ACL. He will be very good. Even just standing around, he was phantom dribbling, pulling up, etc. He has great potential.

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 04:12:42 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Met Miller this summer and he was a cool guy. He is also still recovering from a torn ACL. He will be very good. Even just standing around, he was phantom dribbling, pulling up, etc. He has great potential.

Still recovering? Wasn't that 4 years ago?

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 04:25:54 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Even just standing around, he was phantom dribbling, pulling up, etc. He has great potential.

That would be a knock against him in my book, who does that standing around?   Weird, a basketball mime.