Author Topic: Nets (4-1) at Celtics (4-3) Preseason Game #8 10/22/14  (Read 19694 times)

Re: Nets (4-1) at Celtics (4-3) Preseason Game #8 10/22/14
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 02:22:44 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Last preseason game, either we play with a more set rotation in preparation for the season (which would mean Young wouldn't play any "meaningful minutes" or we rest our main core to avoid injury in the last preseason game, which would mean plenty of time for Young and the likes.

Given what we've seen from Wallace this pre-season, which is that he's done and his biggest contribution to the team is NOT being a malcontent, Young could see some time at the 3.  It all depends on what Stevens wants to do with Turner when Rondo returns.

Mike

Young won't sniff the court this season. We're too deep as it is with veterans who are actual contributors to give minutes to Young. Young has to outperform the other players and in a very noticeable and meaningful way in order to get any type of role in this team.

Young won't be dressing for games, unless they don't dress Pressey and I for one don't see that happening yet.

I don't expect they'll keep Young in Boston unless they expect to find him some minutes. After all, developing their young players is still a priority for the season. And, they wouldn't be eager to give him real minutes tonight if they weren't eager to see if he can pin down a spot on the team. Someone or two or three are bound to get injured, and ET seems to be floating back down to earth, while Wallace is still struggling with pain. So I expect Young is not necessarily as deep on the depth chart as Pressey, once Rondo returns.

Oh, and Rondo, Wallace and Powell are all good candidates not to dress for the first games, so who knows, Young could start out in uniform.

Injuries always changes the opportunities, I find it a moot point to discuss them.

That aside, I forgot that we can dress 13 players now + Faverani is out, etc. so yes I guess he might dress. But I think he's D-League bound regardless.

Oh, yeah, I forgot that Fav is out as well. If Rondo is out for a couple of games to start, I expect ET to be playing point, Wallace is hurting, and Thornton is backing up Bradley. That means it makes sense to dress Young if he's ready for it.

Once Rondo is back, I think if Young looks good enough to develop well with immediate games, they'll keep finding some minutes for him.

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 02:25:08 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Last preseason game, either we play with a more set rotation in preparation for the season (which would mean Young wouldn't play any "meaningful minutes" or we rest our main core to avoid injury in the last preseason game, which would mean plenty of time for Young and the likes.

Given what we've seen from Wallace this pre-season, which is that he's done and his biggest contribution to the team is NOT being a malcontent, Young could see some time at the 3.  It all depends on what Stevens wants to do with Turner when Rondo returns.

Mike

Young won't sniff the court this season. We're too deep as it is with veterans who are actual contributors to give minutes to Young. Young has to outperform the other players and in a very noticeable and meaningful way in order to get any type of role in this team.

Young won't be dressing for games, unless they don't dress Pressey and I for one don't see that happening yet.

Who's our backup small forward?  If it's Gerald Wallace, you bet there's a good chance Young sees some minutes on the floor.  If it's Evan Turner or Marcus Thornton, then Young would very likely be D-League bound.

Mike

Our small forward is Jeff Green, Evan Turner, and Gerald Wallace. And at this point I don't see us giving minutes to Young over Wallace, as much of a fan of Young we'd like to be.

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 02:28:11 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Mike

I don't expect they'll keep Young in Boston unless they expect to find him some minutes. After all, developing their young players is still a priority for the season. And, they wouldn't be eager to give him real minutes tonight if they weren't eager to see if he can pin down a spot on the team. Someone or two or three are bound to get injured, and ET seems to be floating back down to earth, while Wallace is still struggling with pain. So I expect Young is not necessarily as deep on the depth chart as Pressey, once Rondo returns.

Oh, and Rondo, Wallace and Powell are all good candidates not to dress for the first games, so who knows, Young could start out in uniform.

Injuries always changes the opportunities, I find it a moot point to discuss them.

That aside, I forgot that we can dress 13 players now + Faverani is out, etc. so yes I guess he might dress. But I think he's D-League bound regardless.

Oh, yeah, I forgot that Fav is out as well. If Rondo is out for a couple of games to start, I expect ET to be playing point, Wallace is hurting, and Thornton is backing up Bradley. That means it makes sense to dress Young if he's ready for it.

Once Rondo is back, I think if Young looks good enough to develop well with immediate games, they'll keep finding some minutes for him.

That might be a good chance for him, if he finds opportunity and excels during it THEN you can make a case to keep him on, but if everyone is healthy and Young has yet to find floor time, there's no way he's going to leap-frog a veteran.

Also, with our depth in the wings and guards, we'll have slim minutes to keep our vets at least content, so you're better off giving them more minutes when injuries occur than keep the log-jam party going by giving time to Young.

We'll see.

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2014, 02:30:03 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
can't wait to see this game live - THANKS DONOGHUS for the tickets! :)

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 02:40:25 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
and the regular season inches closer and closer.

thanks flc for yet one more great game thread. tp as ever. these threads help make cb much better place to be.

goooooooo celtics!!!!
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 05:26:26 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Woo Hoo Finally a pre season game for me. Antena Fixed, beers ready, chips filled. Fun guaranteed!!!
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2014, 05:40:23 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Full 48 minutes!!!

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2014, 05:42:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Well dang it all.  I wanted to see my favorite player on the court ....KG .....even if he is old and on another team. How long does a stomach bug last ..... :-\

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2014, 05:52:54 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

I can't stop scrolling up and gawking at our beard game.

That is a hot mess, right there.
;D

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2014, 07:01:05 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
The bench will get their chance tonight, CBS said he is going to play Frazier and that's the reason they haven't sent him on his way (even though he's gone no matter what after the game). They told him "bye, but we may squeeze you in tonight just to see you but still, ADIOS!" LOL.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2014, 07:29:35 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
anywhere to watch online?

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2014, 07:33:31 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
anywhere to watch online?

There is always somewhere to watch anything online.  You just have to do a minimal amount of googling to find it.

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2014, 07:36:03 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
just don't know if anyone has a specific place to go online.

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2014, 07:39:49 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Looking forward to significant minutes for James Young, missed the one game he played. Perhaps he has another good game and actually earns some minutes in the rotation.

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2014, 07:41:12 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
All right, we got the D team tonight!  Too bad KG didn't make it though.