Author Topic: Would You Prefer to be in Denver or Philly's Situation?  (Read 2570 times)

Re: Would You Prefer to be in Denver or Philly's Situation?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 09:47:16 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Gallinari, Felton, Faried ... they'll be feisty.

Gotta go with Philly bc of the stud potential in Noel and Embiid. Getting awesome bigs is so tough. They have a long way to go though.

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 10:02:18 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Well if you consider plateauing or going in circles a direction, then Denver has a direction.

They're good but not great.

I don't realistically see how Denver can possibly plan to be better than say the Clippers any time soon, and I certainly don't think they're contenders.

The Trailblazers?

The Rockets?

The Pelicans?

They're like 5th or something in the West. Whoop de doo. It's a team built for the next three years and three pretty quick playoff exits.

Philly is aiming at like 2018 or 19 and actually has a shot at it.

I'm not sure if I understand your post.

Are the Rockets, Blazers, and Pelicans teams you're citing that have no direction compared to Philly's "direction"??? Those teams are superior by comparison to Philly's predicament.
No. I'm saying they're all superior to Denver in the west

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 10:04:31 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Obviously Denver, just as I would prefer Boston's situation over Philly's.  Lawson and Faried are better assets than anybody on the 6ers, just as Rondo and Green currently are.  Actually, I'd throw Afflalo into that category as well.  Plus they've got Gallo, Chandler, Mosgov, and McGee.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 10:07:40 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I don't see Philly being better than those teams either. They keep putting out garbage in hopes of one day making the playoffs in THE EAST. Maybe they come out hitting but what happens if they don't? I would rather watch my team actually trying to win and go down swinging than just going down. I like what Danny has done with the path he has chosen but it doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see us winning instead. I don't care how other people feel about perpetual mediocrity. I may not care either way when I'm dead but I wanna see competitive ball from my team while it does matter. People who continue to be 6ers fans are some ride-or-die fans LOL (that goes for any bad teams).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 10:32:16 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Well if you consider plateauing or going in circles a direction, then Denver has a direction.

They're good but not great.

I don't realistically see how Denver can possibly plan to be better than say the Clippers any time soon, and I certainly don't think they're contenders.

The Trailblazers?

The Rockets?

The Pelicans?

They're like 5th or something in the West. Whoop de doo. It's a team built for the next three years and three pretty quick playoff exits.

Philly is aiming at like 2018 or 19 and actually has a shot at it.

I'm not sure if I understand your post.

Are the Rockets, Blazers, and Pelicans teams you're citing that have no direction compared to Philly's "direction"??? Those teams are superior by comparison to Philly's predicament.
No. I'm saying they're all superior to Denver in the west

Oh Oh Oh okay, good. I agree. I would also admit that Denver needs to catch a break ( or as I said lightning in a bottle in the OP), to jump into the Houston-Portland tier. They need Nurkic to be awesome, or for him to simply show potential to be awesome and then flip him for an all-star. They need something like that to happen. The Rockets and Blazers? They hardly even need any good luck at their stage. They're both minor tweaks or possibly no tweaks from being champions.

Sure, the sky is the limit with Philly but the roadblocks are endless as well. Let's say Embiid is in fact healthy, and does in fact develop an offensive game, and does in fact become a top 5 guy.....and it all comes together in the last year of his RFA deal. I just feel like the uncertainty of the Sixers future tends to get downplayed at times.

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2014, 10:44:53 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Denver still has all of its own first-round picks, so they are not necessarily stuck at their current level.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference