Author Topic: CELTICS/NETS 2.0  (Read 1486 times)

CELTICS/NETS 2.0
« on: October 20, 2014, 06:38:57 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
This scenario could happen if Brooklyn doesn't do well this year and decides they want to blow it up. Can't happen until 3 months after the date Bradley re-signed w/ the C's

BOS OUT: Jeff Green, Gerald Wallace, Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, Brandon Bass, (James Young?), Brooklyn 2016 & 2018 1st rd picks.
BOS IN: Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez

BKYN OUT: Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez
BYKN IN: Jeff Green, Gerald Wallace, Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, Brandon Bass, (James Young?), BYKN 2016 & 2018 1st rd picks

C's giving up too much or too little?

Would be willing to include the C's 2017 1st Rounder (no more right to swap)

Included James Young in the trade, although I was hesitant since that'd leave Evan Turner as the only SF on the team. Maybe offer another pick and try to keep Young?

Green can opt out, Bass is expiring. Essentially Brooklyn gets Bradley, Olynyk, (Young if included) and their picks back which allows them to play for the Lottery. We have a plethora of other picks we could include if need be..

The trade could make their 2015 pick more valuable, as well as their 2016 pick (if Green opts out). Id be hesitant to trade Smart, Olynyk & Fillers for Joe Johnson (33 y.o) and Lopez. So if Brooklyn asks for Marcus Smart, NO DEAL!! Would be willing to trade Bradley because I think Smart will have a higher ceiling. 

BYKN line up:
Williams/Jack
Bradley/Anderson/Young
Green/Bogdanovic/Karasev
KG/Bass/Teletovic/Kirilenko
Plumlee/Olynyk/Jordan

BOS lineup:
Rondo/Smart
Johnson/Thornton/(Smart)
Turner/(Johnson)
Sully/Faverani/Powell
Lopez/Zeller

Leaves some ? marks in our rotation (Backup PF), but we could add free agents or players through the draft. Johnson should demand less $$$ (currently 23mil) on the market for his next contract. Cs could start Sully or sign Greg Monroe and bring Smart & Sully off the bench...

The trade also keeps the Celtics versatile and gets rid of the logjams we currently have at SG & PF. Joe Johnson can play SG & SF which would allow Smart to get more minutes!

Re: CELTICS/NETS 2.0
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 06:54:34 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Pass..Johnson getting old and Lopez foot problems are too risky
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 07:07:20 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
   :-\
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 07:13:02 PM by CsBanner18 »

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 07:07:52 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
Pass..Johnson getting old and Lopez foot problems are too risky

IMO Lopez & Johnson>>>Olynyk, Bradley, & picks. Joe Johnson is getting old but he has another 3 or 4 yrs left in him. We have Smart to replace him anyway. The trade gets us a legit center who actually protects the rim. Lopez should be good to go. C's will obviously see how he plays b4 making this trade. People were saying Curry was injury prone due to his ankle issues and that he'd never stay on the court, yet he spent all of last year proving those people wrong. Lopez is a big, but I'd be willing to bet that he'll be just fine as well...

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 07:37:18 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Hmm…yeah, I probably do this.

I know Lopez is very injury prone but a lineup of Rondo/Johnson/Turner/Sully/Lopez could be pretty sweet.

You could probably pull this off by keeping one or both of those picks.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 07:43:08 PM by gpap »

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 08:32:56 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Brook Lopez has had a lot of problems on his foot, not a good sign; I don't want to see Iso-Joe here again in Boston; The way he plays now kills the flow of the game;
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 08:51:15 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Brook Lopez has had a lot of problems on his foot, not a good sign; I don't want to see Iso-Joe here again in Boston; The way he plays now kills the flow of the game;
Both points have merit! Tp