Author Topic: Celtics to waive Bynum?  (Read 1713 times)

Celtics to waive Bynum?
« on: October 20, 2014, 11:21:28 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40

Re: Celtics to waive Bynum?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 11:23:39 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 03:43:44 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Bynum is not going to be part of the roster, but they will try till the last minute to get something in exchange for him because anything>0. Trouble is when everyone knows you are prepared to give him for free it will be hard to come up with a good deal- let alone that the market is saturated with PGs. Maybe a third round draft pick for 2020.   :'(

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 04:38:57 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Trying to get something...anything...

Mark Murphy
Danny Ainge and Mark Bartelstein, the agent for Will Bynum, continue to work today to find a destination for the veteran point guard that might also bring the Celtics something of value in return.

“We’re trying to see if there is something we can do,” said Bartelstein, who said that Bynum is currently working out in his hometown of Chicago, where years ago he was the high school teammate of Tony Allen.

Bartelstein stressed that Bynum has neither been asked to stay away from Celtics training camp or refused to attend. Bynum is recovering from a strained hamstring, had not made a preseason appearance for the Pistons prior to last week’s Joel Anthony trade, and would not be able to practice even if he was in Celtics camp.

That said, the Celtics are still most likely to waive the 31-year-old Bynum by the end of the week.

“It’s a tough time of year to make a trade,” said a league source. “Teams are still trying to get used to their rosters, see what they have. Most likely they have to waive him.”

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 06:01:37 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I am a big supporter of Danny Ainge.  Let me first state that!!  That being said, he has HORRIBLY mismanaged this Will Bynum situation!!!!!!  He should have been reminding everyone in the league that he had the second or third highest PER for a back up PG in the league last year!!!!  That he is instant offense!!!!  That he ALWAYS gives 110%!!!! 

For the love of goodness, the Wiz are starting Garrett freaking Temple at SG until Beal gets back and they just signed John Lucas III, who is ONLY still in the NBA due to his father's name.  Perhaps we could have done a Fav and Bynum for Seraphin trade.  Sure, we might have needed to include a future second rounder, but at least we might have another rim protector.

Danny handled this poorly.

Smitty77

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 06:09:32 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I am a big supporter of Danny Ainge.  Let me first state that!!  That being said, he has HORRIBLY mismanaged this Will Bynum situation!!!!!!  He should have been reminding everyone in the league that he had the second or third highest PER for a back up PG in the league last year!!!!  That he is instant offense!!!!  That he ALWAYS gives 110%!!!! 

For the love of goodness, the Wiz are starting Garrett freaking Temple at SG until Beal gets back and they just signed John Lucas III, who is ONLY still in the NBA due to his father's name.  Perhaps we could have done a Fav and Bynum for Seraphin trade.  Sure, we might have needed to include a future second rounder, but at least we might have another rim protector.

Smitty77

What did Danny handle poorly?  He hasn't done anything yet. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 06:09:43 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Smitty77

I don't see how Washington could have found a salary to match Bynum. Virtually half their roster are recent FA signees that cannot be traded for months, and the other half are core pieces for the Wiz.

The only trade I can see: Bynum into the Ariza trade exception. Would make sense for the Wiz only if they felt they couldn't land someone bigger with it during the season.

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 06:18:44 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Smitty77

I don't see how Washington could have found a salary to match Bynum. Virtually half their roster are recent FA signees that cannot be traded for months, and the other half are core pieces for the Wiz.

The BAD thing is that Bynum canNOT be traded until December 17th!!!!  Also, Seraphin has to agree to the trade.  I find it VERY HARD to believe that he would not agree to come here and have a chance to START!!!!  Sadly, Beal will be back by then!!! That being said, I would likely let Powell or Fav go and keep Bynum and make this trade then.  The Wiz do have Andre Miller as a back up PG, but he is a facilitator and NOT a real offensive spark off the bench that Bynum could be.  This would also free up a roster spot for us and save us a little more money.

Smitty77
The only trade I can see: Bynum into the Ariza trade exception. Would make sense for the Wiz only if they felt they couldn't land someone bigger with it during the season.

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 06:26:13 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
As a recently signed free agent, Seraphin cannot be traded until December 15 at the earliest.

While he cannot be combined with other players to aggregate a larger incoming salary for 60 days, Bynum can be traded by himself today.

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 06:37:34 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Smitty77

Danny your MEGAPHONE! People need to hear you all across the country!