Author Topic: Fratello and Hill Celtics preview  (Read 984 times)

Fratello and Hill Celtics preview
« on: October 20, 2014, 11:11:01 AM »

Offline IlCapitano

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Rondo still all in as Stevens, Celtics build around him

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/features/david_aldridge/10/20/morning-tip-rondo-brad-stevens-and-the-celtics-westbrook-without-durant-qa-with-lance-stephenson/index.html

Rajon "Shecky" Rondo held court in Philadelphia last Thursday, joking that he'd met with a psychic to see how long he'd be out after breaking his hand Sept. 25. He obligingly held out his right hand to detail how it had healed in the last couple of weeks.

Of course, Rondo broke his left hand falling in the shower, not his right. He detailed how "disappointed" he was that his relationship with coach Brad Stevens hadn't grown very much in the last year.

"I wish he'd talk to me a little bit more," Rondo said, tongue firmly in cheek. "I knock on his door every day."

He'll be here all week. Try the veal.
Tommy Heinsohn:"Worst nightmare in the NBA is Rondo with a jump shot." B-)

Celtic Pride!

Re: Fratello and Hill Celtics preview
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 11:38:01 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Now I know how other teams feel when your team is always bad and the previews or just "WOW THEY ARE GOING TO LOSE A LOT OF GAMES HERE" basically.  I know the Celtics aren't good but I'd find it at least entertaining to look at the young players on these teams more than that.  It's actually one of the more interesting parts of watching basketball.

Even for Stevens.  I get that last year wasn't good but it's automatically "does he leave?" when to me he looks to be very committed and his team looks to have more of an identity.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:14:01 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 12:48:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Rondo's trolling of the media is really admirable and genuinely funny.  I like the running gag where he pretends he wants to stay with the Celtics.   It's hilarious.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 12:52:56 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I think Rondo and Stevens are committed. I see Danny reupping Rondo for an amount that will make most fans spit out their coffee, but eventually turn out to be a reasonable amount in hindsight. I don't see any worthwhile trade offers coming for Rondo, and I think he's a creature of habit that has strong bonds within the C's world and will prefer staying put.

Also of note, I barely skimmed this preview and automatically liked it better than the fluffy Bill & Jalen version, which had literally no insight.

"Experts" simply predict whether or not Rondo gets traded, not what he'll look like and add to this particular roster on the court. I personally think Rondo and Avery are still improving and still building out what will be excellent chemistry. I think Rondo, Avery and Jeff have a strong personal bond. I think Sully and Turner have a close bond that will add to the team chemistry as well. There's nothing but high character guys on this squad (with Faverani a potential question mark).

The development will be worth watching, at least for a homer like me.

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 01:12:49 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Rondo's trolling of the media is really admirable and genuinely funny.  I like the running gag where he pretends he wants to stay with the Celtics.   It's hilarious.

At least you are trying to rationalize why Rondo is saying more positive things about his team and showing more commitment to staying there than all the other "dramatic" FA situations in recent years.  More than the media does.

I think the question is Rondo proving he is healthy.  If he does I think he gets a new max contract and that ends up being a pretty good one after the cap keeps going up.  There are a few teams that could want Rondo but they have nothing to offer and we like him and should.  He's a very good PG who still has years left.  Passing ages well.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:19:15 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford