Author Topic: Sullinger a future all star?  (Read 9893 times)

Sullinger a future all star?
« on: October 20, 2014, 08:54:09 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Just finished watching first half of last night's game v. Nets on tape delay.  Sullinger is looking very sharp. He is a beast on both boards, and is very confident in his 3 point shot.  Would not surprise me to see him make the all star team in the next 2-3 years. A keeper for sure.

I really am starting to like the make up of this team.  I think the only thing we lack is a defensive center.   Heck, even Perk would probably help just to cover bigs in the paint.

This team really seems to be buying into whatever it is that Stevens is selling. 

Will be interesting to see if we continue to move the ball around like this when Rondo comes back.

Re: Sullinger a future all star?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 09:05:56 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Doubt it
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 09:06:42 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I'm hopeful he'll reach the Millsap/West/prime Boozer strata and maybe sneak into an all-star game or two. They seem like good comps in that they've all had relative success despite being drafted later for this perceived flaw or that.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 09:12:56 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
if he keeps producing those numbers, I think he has a fair chance of being one. Other than that, I see a lot of Milsap and David West in him. (Edit - just saw Nerf DPOY's post).

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 09:19:23 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'll be interested to see what happens when the preseason label is shed.

Don't get me wrong I have been very happy with what our team has given us over these preseason games. However, once teams start playing their starters regular minutes and actually playing with a little meaning and determination, then I will assess Sully's play and performance. Right now 7 preseason games is too early.

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 09:29:52 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
If he keeps putting up these numbers, he's at least in the conversation.

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 09:33:55 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Perk is pretty useless at this point.  I'd only take him if they would take Wallace in return.  Celts will probably have to build the 5 position through the draft because I have heard zero rumors of them going after either Sanders or Hibbert.

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 09:38:36 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I think Sully can be a fringe All-Star. Maybe the guy that gets in the mix and maybe makes it once or twice. I don't see him becoming a perennial All-Star unless he starts doing a real life copy of Kevin Love's 3 point, passing and rebounding game. He's never going to get there with his defense. Needs to get there with his scoring and rebounding prowess.

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 09:45:06 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Who is the least athletic player to make the all-star game in the last 20 years?

David Lee?

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 09:52:01 AM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I love sully but I don't see it. The east is getting stronger and he's on a terrible team. Plus his game has no flash so his only hope is coaches voting him in. Max one or two AS games but they don't matter much to me, just popularity contests.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 10:07:48 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
His upside I would consider more like that of an Al Jefferson or Zach Randolph type player. That would be best case scenario; but with his back issues and conditioning no guarantee he will get there.

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 10:10:17 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
He is also putting up these numbers against second of third string players. He struggles a lot with size and he gets blocked a lot more than any recent all-star I can think of.

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 10:19:33 AM »

Offline Celtics-Royals-Chiefs

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
He's not coming close to an all-star game if he keeps shooting 40% in the regular season.
Celtics 2015 tank open for business, boys

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 12:15:06 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
He is also putting up these numbers against second of third string players. He struggles a lot with size and he gets blocked a lot more than any recent all-star I can think of.

Yes, this is the issue and it's why their November schedule should tell us a lot.

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 12:18:18 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Yes, this is the issue and it's why their November schedule should tell us a lot.

but Sully is no scrub, he got a 20/20 last season vs the Raptors who were division champs and a 30/16 against the Kings with Cousins guarding him.

If he can average a 20/11, I do not see why he isn't even mentioned in contention for all-star PF