Author Topic: Eastern Conference Predictions  (Read 6152 times)

Re: Eastern Conference Predictions
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2014, 09:53:29 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Its your opinion but how are we going to end up at the same place in standings as last seasons team when this current one is better?   Like much better, especially in bench depth

I wouldn't complain if you put Boston ahead of New York or even Indiana on my list.

But remember that just because it's the same spot in the standings doesn't necessarily mean our team isn't better. I expect us to win more games (in fact I also expect us to struggle out of the gate but have a good post-New Years or post-All Star stretch up until the last month or so of the season when the motivation wanes a bit), but I also expect the Eastern conference to stabilize a bit such that the teams ahead of us win a few more games as well. That is, the only teams ahead of us in the standings who definitely got worse are the Heat, Indiana, and New York. I don't see the Heat being worse than us this year; I see us being roughly on par with Indiana and New York. But I give the latter two an edge in the standings just because Carmelo Anthony will probably win a couple games on his own by scoring 40 points, and Roy Hibbert is capable of dominant stretches against the right match-ups.

By, to be fair, I'm expecting no less than 30 and no more than 35 wins for all 3 teams. I think it's going to be close.

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2014, 10:42:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Its your opinion but how are we going to end up at the same place in standings as last seasons team when this current one is better?   Like much better, especially in bench depth

I wouldn't complain if you put Boston ahead of New York or even Indiana on my list.

But remember that just because it's the same spot in the standings doesn't necessarily mean our team isn't better. I expect us to win more games (in fact I also expect us to struggle out of the gate but have a good post-New Years or post-All Star stretch up until the last month or so of the season when the motivation wanes a bit), but I also expect the Eastern conference to stabilize a bit such that the teams ahead of us win a few more games as well. That is, the only teams ahead of us in the standings who definitely got worse are the Heat, Indiana, and New York. I don't see the Heat being worse than us this year; I see us being roughly on par with Indiana and New York. But I give the latter two an edge in the standings just because Carmelo Anthony will probably win a couple games on his own by scoring 40 points, and Roy Hibbert is capable of dominant stretches against the right match-ups.

By, to be fair, I'm expecting no less than 30 and no more than 35 wins for all 3 teams. I think it's going to be close.

Heat will not make the playoffs if Dwade or Bosh or both are out of the lineup a good part of the year. Look at their injury/health track record the last 2 seasons and the chances of them playing 75 percent of the season looks bad

Indiana lost PG and LS.  You expect a team with RH (Jeff Green of Centers) and their only real consistent decent starter (David West) is going to help them stay in the playoff mix?   

I say we will be about on par with the Knicks. No reason they should be considered head above shoulders better than us. 

Hawks are solid but can be beat. Horford is still not back

So after Cle, Tor, Was, Chicago and maybe Charlotte , imo there are 3 spots available for the playoffs. And You can't say celts are def out (like with Bucks, 76ers) and not a shoe in either. We will surprise though. Our defense is  better than last seasons and offense can come from a number of diff guys (so it doesn't matter if a few you expect to score struggle)

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2014, 10:49:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Cavs will run away with it.  Either Boston or Philly will probably be last.  Maybe Orlando. 

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 12:09:19 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Cavs will run away with it.  Either Boston or Philly will probably be last. Maybe Orlando.
This is the most optimistic thing I ve read in a long time. You really think we can out tank Philly?

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2014, 12:31:24 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
just for kicks to see how far off I am at the end of the season

Playoffs:

Chicago
Cleveland
Washington
Toronto
Charlotte
Miami
Brooklyn
New York
Atlanta

Out:
Detroit
Milwaukee
Indiana
Orlando
Boston
Philadelphia

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 12:38:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Chicago
Cavs
Wizards
Toronto
Charlotte
Miami
Atlanta
Detroit

Brooklyn
Indiana*
NYK*
Boston*
Orlando*
Bucks
Magic
Orlando and Magic are the same team.

Since Philly is the missing team -- safe to assume that's who you meant by 'Magic'?

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
CLE
CHI
WSH
TOR
CHA
MIA
ATL
BKN

I really think about 3-7 in the East is interchangeable.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2014, 07:05:53 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
CLE
CHI
WSH
TOR
CHA
MIA
ATL
BKN

I really think about 3-7 in the East is interchangeable.
I think MIA will be among the first four.

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2014, 07:19:55 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
A thought on Miami by the way.
Now that "king" James is gone are those questionable calls going to  be there?  If the refs suddenly treat the heat like every other team (but the cavs now) how many wins we they loose  8)

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
A thought on Miami by the way.
Now that "king" James is gone are those questionable calls going to  be there?  If the refs suddenly treat the heat like every other team (but the cavs now) how many wins we they loose  8)
Fair enough. They lose much of the aura that surrounded (and protected them). But IMHO they remain a very strong team with a good coach and the best GM I love to hate.