Author Topic: Celtics (3-3) at Nets (3-0) Preseason Game #7 10/19/14  (Read 29205 times)

Re: Celtics (3-3) at Nets (3-0) Preseason Game #7 10/19/14
« Reply #210 on: October 19, 2014, 06:34:25 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Players that want to compile great stats won't like it.

Bench players won't like it

Fans won't like it

Advertisers won't like it

Beer and food vendors at the games won't like it

Local bars won't like it

Some coaches already stated they don't like it.

Some might like it, though.

Sully might like it

Boris Diaw might like it

It's rumored Michael Sweetney wants to come out of retirement...

Lol!

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #211 on: October 19, 2014, 06:49:16 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Some notes on the game

-Love finally seeing the small ball lineup of Smart, AB, Turner, Green and Sully. Green and Sully killed it in that set up. Green was faster than his competition and Sully had more room down low. It changed the game and Nets didn't want to play small ball. Nets actually countered going big. AK47 vs Smart was too funny. Someone never told them Smart is like a red nose pit.

-Turner and Thornton didn't have it today. But Green and Smart did.

-I also like the Bass, Olynyk combo. Bass loves to shoot, Olynyk loves to pass so they work well together.

-Bass didn't have great D today but he was active and score a lot.

-AB did some nice work slashing today. Was great to see because the shot wasn't on today.

« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2014, 06:54:20 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Some notes on the game

-Love finally seeing the small ball lineup of Smart, AB, Turner, Green and Sully. Green and Sully killed it in that set up. Green was faster than his competition and Sully had more room down low. It changed the game and Nets didn't want to play small ball. Nets actually countered going big. AK47 vs Smart was too funny. Someone never told them Smart is like a red nose pit.

-I also like the Bass, Olynyk combo. Bass loves to shoot, Olynyk loves to pass so they work well together.

-AB did some nice work slashing today. Was great to see because the shot wasn't on today.

LOL....you nailed it with that Bass-KO observation!

« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2014, 07:40:05 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I don't like shortening the time, however, I would like anything that reduces foul calls or reduces the time wasted when fouls are called.   More sustained action is what the NBA needs.

« Reply #214 on: October 19, 2014, 08:09:19 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Thank goodness that Tommy was right about the second half ;D, because the first two quarters were pathetic.  At one point we had 11 turnovers and 2 assists :o.  I was wondering if we should have been tracking our turnover-to-assist ratio instead of the other way around ;D  Insert facepalm here ;D  Unfortunately, I don't agree with Tommy that KO will be an all star.  Sorry. 

Let's see, what else?  3 air-balls from our guys ::), and Smart played well.  I loved how he stole the ball on the attempted pass to Williams on his first play of the game ;D, but I didn't like his layup attempt that followed.  That thing wasn't even close.  Ouch.  Sullinger played extremely well, but I'm a bit concerned at how he's a more consistent 3 point shooter now than he is with his post moves.  He had a mismatch with a smaller guy and that jump hook of his barely reaching the rim.  Not good.  I also thought it was funny how we could throw it in the ocean from the beach in terms of 3s, but our midrange jumpers got us back in the game.  How about that?  Ugh.

« Reply #215 on: October 19, 2014, 09:00:57 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Some notes on the game

kelly might not even end up starting for us but i think he has a rondo quality
he makes everyone better, guy is solid in many aspects of game, needs to become a bit more "birdish" if you ask me and start thinking he is the best player on the floor

« Reply #216 on: October 19, 2014, 09:11:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Some notes on the game

kelly might not even end up starting for us but i think he has a rondo quality
he makes everyone better, guy is solid in many aspects of game, needs to become a bit more "birdish" if you ask me and start thinking he is the best player on the floor

KO just doesn't shoot when he is having an off night shooting.   Instead he will provide picks after picks and make some very good passes.   When he is on, he can shoot 4 out 5 in threes and end up with like 18 points. 

I think he just has too much respect for the other guys on his team. I mean its not a bad thing, but he should also look to get his game going. 

Still hard not to like a player like KO.  In the end it's all about whats best for the team. 

« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2014, 09:35:49 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Just saw Sully put up 21 and 19. Wow.

« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2014, 10:27:08 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
This has to be the most hilarious highlights I've seen from a game: