Poll

Would you give up Olynyk or Sullinger for Al Horford?

Yes, I'd give up ONE of them- whichever player Atlanta wanted.
28 (45.2%)
No, I'd rather keep our young guys and wait to see what happens with Rondo first.
12 (19.4%)
I'd only give up Sullinger- we can keep Olynyk as a stretch PF for the future
5 (8.1%)
I'd only give up Olynyk- we can keep Sullinger as our rebounding PF for the future
17 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Would you give up Olynyk or Sullinger for Al Horford?  (Read 12848 times)

Re: Would you give up Olynyk or Sullinger for Al Horford?
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2014, 02:05:26 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I would be willing to give up both of them along with bass. Maybe include the nets picks in 16 and 18. Then I would try to move jeff green and marcus thornton maybe clips 15 and cavs 16 to denver for gallinari and jj hickson. The nuggets might be looking to move hickson to try and create playing time for nurkic as he had a very strong preseason.
Starting lineup
Rondo
Bradley
Gallinari
Hickson
Horford

Then go after Marc Gasol in the offseason.

Uh...3 players and two firsts for Horford?  Two players and two firsts for Gallinari and Hickson?  Is that sarcastic mockery of ridiculous trade proposals?

Is this undervaluing of our players and overvaluing of other teams' players happen as consistently on other blogs?

Mike

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2014, 03:22:01 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Where is the option of "I would give up either one of the, or both, if it brought back Horford"?

Sully and Olynyk combined are not as good as Horford on his own...the only question mark with Horford is his health, but if we could get him THAT cheap (yes, only giving up Sully and Olynyk is cheap) then I'd take the gamble.

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2014, 03:48:07 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Where is the option of "I would give up either one of the, or both, if it brought back Horford"?

Sully and Olynyk combined are not as good as Horford on his own...the only question mark with Horford is his health, but if we could get him THAT cheap (yes, only giving up Sully and Olynyk is cheap) then I'd take the gamble.

Giving up the two of them for Horford definitely does seem like a consolidation of assets. It would be a massive upgrade at the 5 spot, allow us to keep Bass and put him in a position where he's not constantly looking over his shoulder and free us up to draft a big man with whatever picks we have left next year after trading with Atlanta.

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2014, 03:51:30 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I could see Wallace, Olynyk, Clippers 1st, right to swap pick with Cs in 2015 and Brooklyn 1st for Hordford.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p9kp9mc

Seems to good. +33 for both!
Starters
Rondo/AB/Green/Sully/Hordford

Bench
Smart/Thornton/Turner/Bass/Zeller

Late bench
Pressy/Young/Eddie/Fav

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2014, 06:22:47 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
i'd do either. hell, i'd consider both. I just think sully and horford together wouldn't work, Kelly with horford would work a lot better.

so if they wanted Kelly, i'd immediately be looking to trade sully.

This.