Author Topic: Chris Bosh says that it was 'frustrating' playing with Lebron  (Read 13164 times)

Re: Chris Bosh says that it was 'frustrating' playing with Lebron
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2014, 10:17:53 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I guess that all I'm saying is, don't you guys like variety? ;D

I guess we just see things differently.  I often see variety, spontaneity, and creativity in even the simplest of basketball sets.  To me that's the beauty of the game of basketball.  It doesn't have to be overly complex or rigidly choreographed to be a work of art.  More than any other game, I feel that basketball allows for creativity within a set system. 

I love variety.  The fact that you don't see any in today's NBA makes me feel kind of bad for you.  Personally, I see plenty of it. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2014, 10:52:43 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I guess that all I'm saying is, don't you guys like variety? ;D

I guess we just see things differently.  I often see variety, spontaneity, and creativity in even the simplest of basketball sets.  To me that's the beauty of the game of basketball.  It doesn't have to be overly complex or rigidly choreographed to be a work of art.  More than any other game, I feel that basketball allows for creativity within a set system. 

I love variety.  The fact that you don't see any in today's NBA makes me feel kind of bad for you.  Personally, I see plenty of it.

There's no need to feel bad for me, haha, and, honestly, the only alternative to what I see in today's NBA is the triangle, unfortunately.  At least it offers constant movement.  That is, when it's really humming along.  It's almost like the watered-down version of classic basketball, imo, lol ;D, but I'll take what I can get at this point ;D.     

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2014, 12:00:09 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think you should consider increasing the base level of sophistication in your evaluations of NBA offenses, then.

RyNye's post is spot on.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2014, 09:03:13 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Bosh only got his highest rebounding numbers playing with Bargs basically playing the C position with a really bad rebounding PF.

Love is just at another level when it comes to that aspect, Love's going to be great for the Cavs, even if his offensive production comes down.

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2014, 09:06:16 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
gee if playing with Bron is frustrating, how would playing with Kobe feel  ::), he was close to being a Laker too

that being said, i do think Bosh is underrated. In my honest opinion, I think Bosh was > Wade during their 2 championship runs

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2014, 09:39:51 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Be interesting to see what Bosh does with more freedom to score. I think that's really what he had to give up w/ LeBron around. He's getting up there. What does he have in the tank and can it lead to lots of wins? His Toronto stats were on mostly losing teams.

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2014, 09:52:23 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Be interesting to see what Bosh does with more freedom to score. I think that's really what he had to give up w/ LeBron around. He's getting up there. What does he have in the tank and can it lead to lots of wins? His Toronto stats were on mostly losing teams.

actually that's not true, he bought them to the playoffs and I believe up to the 2nd round with Toronto on his back. Not a superstar, but he is capable, and now he does have 5x the cast that he did in Toronto in Miami even without Bron. Now how much he left in the tank playing 4 years next to Bron or can he now be the #1 option and carry Miami past the 1st round, we do not know

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2014, 11:28:04 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

actually that's not true, he bought them to the playoffs and I believe up to the 2nd round with Toronto on his back. Not a superstar, but he is capable, and now he does have 5x the cast that he did in Toronto in Miami even without Bron. Now how much he left in the tank playing 4 years next to Bron or can he now be the #1 option and carry Miami past the 1st round, we do not know

Actually, Fred is right.  The Raptors only went to the playoffs twice with Bosh and they were eliminated in the first round both times.

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2014, 11:56:08 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Actually, Fred is right.  The Raptors only went to the playoffs twice with Bosh and they were eliminated in the first round both times.
They were in contention his last year there for the playoffs, but they fell out as Bosh had an injury and didn't return. At the time the Raptors fans were livid and assumed he wasn't coming back entirely to avoid messing up his upcoming FA.

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2014, 01:56:30 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I think you should consider increasing the base level of sophistication in your evaluations of NBA offenses, then.

RyNye's post is spot on.

Okay, so, what should I be looking for, then, oh master? ;D  Anything in particular?

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2014, 09:36:53 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

RyNye's post is spot on.

Okay, so, what should I be looking for, then, oh master? ;D  Anything in particular?

From a quick reading, probably a little more emphasis on secondary and tertiary actions, for one thing.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.