Author Topic: Chris Bosh says that it was 'frustrating' playing with Lebron  (Read 13206 times)

Chris Bosh says that it was 'frustrating' playing with Lebron
« on: October 17, 2014, 08:00:42 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
A very interesting article here, with Chris Bosh giving some feedback on what it's like to play with Lebron James.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2225639-kevin-love-faces-unsettling-transition-alongside-lebron-says-chris-bosh

I've been saying ever since the Cleveland trade that Kevin Love is going to look much more 'human' now that he's in Cleveland.  I predicted that his numbers would fall off very similar to how Chris Bosh's did (remember he was a 24/12 guy in Toronto) and that Love will probably be more like an 18/9 guy from now on.

I find this article interesting because not only does it suggest that this is likely to be the case, but it also gives some insight into why. 

Sounds like Lebron James is every bit the prima donna he comes across as.  The vibe I get is that any team Lebron is on basically needs to mould their entire gameplay to him, and everyone else on the team (no matter how high profile) basically needs to take a back seat and do what they are told.

Re: Chris Bosh says that it was 'frustrating' playing with Lebron
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 08:16:42 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
A very interesting article here, with Chris Bosh giving some feedback on what it's like to play with Lebron James.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2225639-kevin-love-faces-unsettling-transition-alongside-lebron-says-chris-bosh

I've been saying ever since the Cleveland trade that Kevin Love is going to look much more 'human' now that he's in Cleveland.  I predicted that his numbers would fall off very similar to how Chris Bosh's did (remember he was a 24/12 guy in Toronto) and that Love will probably be more like an 18/9 guy from now on.

I find this article interesting because not only does it suggest that this is likely to be the case, but it also gives some insight into why. 

Sounds like Lebron James is every bit the prima donna he comes across as.  The vibe I get is that any team Lebron is on basically needs to mould their entire gameplay to him, and everyone else on the team (no matter how high profile) basically needs to take a back seat and do what they are told.

Love is a much better shooter and rebounder than Bosh will ever be. Love's impact will be felt in other ways too., such as his exceptional outlet passes and his signature baby hook when he posts. Bosh often struggled to stay relevant on the court because his rebounding really fell off and he became primarily a glorified stretch 4.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 08:17:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I'm not a Lebron fan, but I don't really see any anti-Lebron sentiment in Bosh's comments. Basically he is just venting at how frustrating it can be to have to sacrifice parts of your game for the good of the team, which is normal, especially when you are younger.

It was much easier for Pierce, KG, and Ray to do it because they were all past their peaks when they joined up and had already built their individual legacies.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 08:27:51 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
IMHO Bosh>Love at least for this first season.
As this article makes clear, it takes time to create a team where things run as smoothly as they did in Miami- after their demise in the last Finals it is all too easy to forget how good and even sophisticated Miami was.
And it is not just that it will take time for Love to work out how to fit best with the rest of the team.
Rim protection will be a really big issue for Cleveland, esp. if Varejao again has  health issues.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 08:39:10 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Love is a much better shooter and rebounder than Bosh will ever be. Love's impact will be felt in other ways too., such as his exceptional outlet passes and his signature baby hook when he posts. Bosh often struggled to stay relevant on the court because his rebounding really fell off and he became primarily a glorified stretch 4.

In watching Bosh during the playoffs last year, I suddenly wondered when it was that he had decided to transform into Raef LaFrentz lol ;D

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 08:53:59 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Well Bosh was never a 24/12 guy. He was 24/10.8 once. Interestingly his per 36 scoring did drop off when he joined wade and lebron (dont forget wade is a high use player too), but his per 36 rebounds didnt drop as much, and when it did drop it was mostly his offensive rebounding that dropped, probably because he was expanding his range. Love already has the range, so while his scoring should drop, it will be interesting if love's reboumds drop. If they do, i bet team revounding is still great. Also, bosh won 2 titles in miami after none in toronto and had hos two best true shooting seasons down there as well so there is that.

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 08:55:30 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm not a Lebron fan, but I don't really see any anti-Lebron sentiment in Bosh's comments. Basically he is just venting at how frustrating it can be to have to sacrifice parts of your game for the good of the team, which is normal, especially when you are younger.

It was much easier for Pierce, KG, and Ray to do it because they were all past their peaks when they joined up and had already built their individual legacies.

I don't agree.  Yes, Pierce, KG, and Ray were all at, or near the end of, their respective primes, but the reasons why they played so well together was 1).  because of Garnett.  His team-first, self-sacrificing attitude and play made passing contagious among our guys, and 2). and this might be the most important factor as to why our guys really clicked - their styles of play complemented each other so well.  We had a slasher in Pierce, a shooter in Ray, and a dominant post-player in Garnett.  Additionally, they were all excellent passers and unselfish players, but, more importantly, especially when you compare them to Miami's trio, they were all GREAT SHOOTERS.  From any range.  Pierce still has the best midrange game in the league and is also an excellent 3-point shooter, so you couldn't help off of him, let alone Ray Allen, and Garnett, when he first arrived, I was concerned that he took so many midrange shots instead of posting up, but my god, did he ever miss one lol?  That's the difference.  Miami's 3 never complimented each other, and you could make the argument that Bosh was the best shooter of the group.  He was also the only one who could play without the ball, while Wade and Lebron practically took turns on each possession because they couldn't do anything else.  Why else did the Heat assemble so many shooters on their team?  Wade used to be a good midrange player, but he was never on Pierce's level, and only last year did Lebron's jumper look greatly improved from any distance.  Still, if one of them had the ball, it was easy to double team the other guy because that guy who was left uncovered (whether it was Lebron or Wade) didn't have the range, ability, or, especially, the consistency to make the defense pay for helping off of him.  They did improve at moving off the ball, particularly in their last 2 years together, but I just never got the sense that their respective styles of play ever clicked like it did for our guys.

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 09:31:06 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I don't agree.  Yes, Pierce, KG, and Ray were all at, or near the end of, their respective primes, but the reasons why they played so well together was 1).  because of Garnett.  His team-first, self-sacrificing attitude and play made passing contagious among our guys, and 2). and this might be the most important factor as to why our guys really clicked - their styles of play complemented each other so well.  We had a slasher in Pierce, a shooter in Ray, and a dominant post-player in Garnett.  Additionally, they were all excellent passers and unselfish players, but, more importantly, especially when you compare them to Miami's trio, they were all GREAT SHOOTERS.  From any range.  Pierce still has the best midrange game in the league and is also an excellent 3-point shooter, so you couldn't help off of him, let alone Ray Allen, and Garnett, when he first arrived, I was concerned that he took so many midrange shots instead of posting up, but my god, did he ever miss one lol?  That's the difference.  Miami's 3 never complimented each other, and you could make the argument that Bosh was the best shooter of the group.  He was also the only one who could play without the ball, while Wade and Lebron practically took turns on each possession because they couldn't do anything else.  Why else did the Heat assemble so many shooters on their team?  Wade used to be a good midrange player, but he was never on Pierce's level, and only last year did Lebron's jumper look greatly improved from any distance.  Still, if one of them had the ball, it was easy to double team the other guy because that guy who was left uncovered (whether it was Lebron or Wade) didn't have the range, ability, or, especially, the consistency to make the defense pay for helping off of him.  They did improve at moving off the ball, particularly in their last 2 years together, but I just never got the sense that their respective styles of play ever clicked like it did for our guys.
Regarding Miami, yeah I agree. Wade and Lebron were actually too similar to each other in style in that they are both better doing the slashing game. Neither could be a complementary spot-up shooter to the other one, so they had to have Mike Miller, etc for that role. Pierce, Allen, Garnett was a better mix, much like Parish, Bird, McHale. Of course in that case they also had Ainge as second spot-up shooter and a GREAT point guard in DJ. So, in spite of what Pat Riley thinks of Lebron leaving, that team was not built for epic greatness

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 09:54:45 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Bosh is just butt hurt. He knew what he had coming in and the sacrifices he had to make. He was saying the same thing about how hard it was to adjust 4 years ago. The only difference was that he said the sacrifice was worth it to win and he admitted that adjustment was for the good of the team. Bosh is no doubt a very good player in his own right, but the stuff he is putting out there is weak. I'm pretty sure he's just tired of all the Chris Bosh jokes.

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 12:00:06 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Let it go Bosh, let it go. Oh wait you can't because

kihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A2Nco1t2v8

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 12:10:34 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I really don't see how it's big news, he said what seems pretty obvious to most. Of course he knew he had to sacrifice, doesn't make it any easier. Wade has said some of the same things. All he is really saying is, just because they assembled 3 really good/great players doesn't mean it will gel and get them a chip. It's easy to say you will sacrifice your game but to sacrifice in a way that Bosh had to, he doesn't think it will be easy. How many people outside of people who watch bball regularly think about Bosh as a major part in their winning? All said and done people only really talk about LeBron and Wade. Notice how they started leaving Bosh out of things after I think the first season (maybe after chip 1). The only way Love won't become the Bosh is if Kyrie is. I think whoever the Bosh is, will struggle as Bosh did but probably be hungry for the chip and just follow along too.

Bosh was CRUCIAL to them getting past us, he deserves more credit for stepping up AND back when they needed him to. We will see how Love is in the ego department (there have been rumors about Kyrie in the past).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 02:26:09 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I really don't see how it's big news, he said what seems pretty obvious to most. Of course he knew he had to sacrifice, doesn't make it any easier. Wade has said some of the same things. All he is really saying is, just because they assembled 3 really good/great players doesn't mean it will gel and get them a chip. It's easy to say you will sacrifice your game but to sacrifice in a way that Bosh had to, he doesn't think it will be easy. How many people outside of people who watch bball regularly think about Bosh as a major part in their winning? All said and done people only really talk about LeBron and Wade. Notice how they started leaving Bosh out of things after I think the first season (maybe after chip 1). The only way Love won't become the Bosh is if Kyrie is. I think whoever the Bosh is, will struggle as Bosh did but probably be hungry for the chip and just follow along too.

Bosh was CRUCIAL to them getting past us, he deserves more credit for stepping up AND back when they needed him to. We will see how Love is in the ego department (there have been rumors about Kyrie in the past).

I agree. I think LeBron and Love are more complimentary than Wade or Bosh were to LeBron, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 11:04:03 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Awww, poor Bosh and Love.  They had/have to do less on the court.  Poor little babies, it's not like they chose to leave their teams and pair up with LeBron or anything.  That's just what you get when you go the wuss route and don't stick it out on your own team like Pierce, Jordan, Dirk, Rondo, etc.  Want to team up with your buddies and build a super-team so they can carry you to a title?  Fine.  But that means you're not playing as much basketball on the court, not living up to what you're capable of, and not seeing the same amount of respect.

Sorry, I'm just not a fan of people/players/articles that throw the word "sacrifice" all over the place in situations like this.  It helps them build the illusion that it's somehow harder to ride someone's coattails, when obviously it's much easier.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 12:30:26 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
IMHO Bosh>Love at least for this first season.
As this article makes clear, it takes time to create a team where things run as smoothly as they did in Miami- after their demise in the last Finals it is all too easy to forget how good and even sophisticated Miami was.
And it is not just that it will take time for Love to work out how to fit best with the rest of the team.
Rim protection will be a really big issue for Cleveland, esp. if Varejao again has  health issues.

Miami was never that good (as Champions go).  They lost to Dallas in their first finals.  6 games.  They were great in the second finals against Ok. City, although I will say that Durant was treated like a rookie by the refs in the first two games of that series.  But they almost didn't make that finals because of a sub par Boston team (no Avery) (Garnett not back to top level), missed call on the Rondo drive.  Without an all time playoff dominating game by Lebron (not a sophisticated Miami attack) in game 6, that was Boston's series to win.  Miami's second title was a loss in 6 games to the Spurs without TWO fortuitous rebounds on missed threes in the final seconds.  And the Spurs blew them out in this past finals.
Maybe a sophisticated defensive team, but overall just not as dominating as many other championships teams...and not nearly as sophisticated.  Boston, for example, without injuries, was an easy three peat or 3 championship team and way more sophisticated.

This is not an argument against your post.  All you did was say they were good.  Think of this post as more of a quiet rant.  :)

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 01:51:50 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Some dudes who never got rings probably want him to shut up.

I understand  but I do think take your rings and be happy.  He may realize this later in his career where I'm going to go out on a limb and say he never wins another.

Not to diminish him as a player.  I like Bosh and was actually a really big fan of his game the year before he came to Miami.  He was very impressive that year.

And maybe he would just care more about his numbers and that's fine too.  I just think players that are all about winning, even that are really loyal, like KG, looks back and regrets time he wasted on worse teams where they put up big stats.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford