Author Topic: Karl Towns and Anthony Davis, C's future Front court.  (Read 5345 times)

Karl Towns and Anthony Davis, C's future Front court.
« on: October 17, 2014, 05:03:49 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

A man can dream can't he. We draft Towns next year #5 overall, he is ranked the third best center right now in his class, We then throw 100 million at Davis's feet gladly accepts.

If my dream scenario went down and you could only keep OLy, or Sully who do you keep.

Re: Karl Towns and Anthony Davis, C's future Front court.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 05:08:01 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

If you look at the picture attached Towns is actually an inch or so taller than Davis. And I think he will be better than Horford, his skillset in amazing for a 7 footer.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 05:09:22 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 05:17:05 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I love Towns, but think Okafor is better now and will translate into a better pro. Hard to find a player as skilled, particularly with his back to the basket, as Okafor is at such a young age. Regardless, either would be nice.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 05:28:32 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'd love to see this happen, but there is no way Davis leaves New Orleans after his rookie deal is up.  New Orleans can through more money at him than any other team.  Plus, Davis would have to wait an additional fifth year to become an unrestricted free agent, which you never see max level players do.  Unfortunately for the C's, Davis will be a Pelican for the foreseeable future.

Also, I think Towns will go top three, but there is definitely a chance we will be picking that high.  One can hope, at least.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 05:33:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Wake up from your dream

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 06:04:36 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
I love Towns, but think Okafor is better now and will translate into a better pro. Hard to find a player as skilled, particularly with his back to the basket, as Okafor is at such a young age. Regardless, either would be nice.

I really think Okafor has Al Jefferson written all over him...which isn't a bad thing but its far from what this team needs. He's a back to the basket old school big, who is huge at 280 and plays under the rim and isn't that great defensively.

Towns on the other hand has great offense, and is a spot up shooter and is way more athletic than Okafor with significant defensive upside. Not to mention Towns is the far superior passer which you need in the Cs motion offense...bottom line: I'd take Towns all day.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:20:54 PM by Bosstown »

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 06:22:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
Wake up from your dream
why? to watch the nightmare season that is about to begin? let him dream on. at least he dreams big.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 03:01:02 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

TP hwang, for grabbing my back, I like Sully and Oly, but I wish for some real size at the 4 and 5 spots.

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 04:31:02 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Dreams are awesome!

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 05:03:28 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Who are the top 5 prospects in college anyways? I know Towns and Okafor
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 05:06:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
Who are the top 5 prospects in college anyways? I know Towns and Okafor
depends on whom you are asking. but draftexpress.com does a good job of rating college players. check it out see.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 05:43:47 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Dreams are awesome!

then you wake up and see your team. Embrace the TANK!!!

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 05:55:52 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

A man can dream can't he. We draft Towns next year #5 overall, he is ranked the third best center right now in his class, We then throw 100 million at Davis's feet gladly accepts.

If my dream scenario went down and you could only keep OLy, or Sully who do you keep.

Actually, if the Celts can draft one of these guys like Towns or Okafor (admittedly I don't know much about either one) and then pick up a guy like Deandre Jordan, then a Jordan and Sully front court would be great.

I think if Sully had a legit center to work with, he could become the double double player a lot of people envision. Then, if you draft either Okafor or Towns, they have time to develop their talent and then when they blossom, a 3 man front court rotation of Jordan, Sully and either guy from the draft could be great.

As for Anthony Davis, the Pelicans would have to be nuts to let him walk.

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 06:10:33 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
We may be more in line for Cauley-Stein in the first round.  At least he can run and protect the rim.  Towns and Okafor may well be top five picks, and we know what our history is in the lottery...