Author Topic: Stevens: Chance Rondo Returns For Opening Night  (Read 9329 times)

Re: Stevens: Chance Rondo Returns For Opening Night
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2014, 02:19:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Why is RR in such a rush to comeback?

He needs to get healthy 100 percent first. To prevent any further injuries , so the team can prepare to trade him in good condition

Because he has balls of steel and it's why it's a guy you want in a playoff run, for all his faults the dude has guts.

Balls AND guts, eh?  Throw in a central nervous system and functional circulation and we might be in business!  ;D

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Tangential but related:

The average Recovery Rate is just 55 percent, meaning that the typical player was only about half as good after his injury as beforehand.

The reason is that there’s a correlation between Recovery Rate and age. With some exceptions, the players who returned to have productive careers after their injuries were young at the time they got hurt, while the ones who didn’t were in the middle to late stage of their careers:

Via Nate Silver:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-happens-to-injured-nba-stars-like-paul-george/
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2014, 03:08:08 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
I am not that worried about the finger.  They can protect the finger so he can play but the question is how much will the protection interfere with his game.  It is his left hand so that helps.  They will have had a few weeks of practice to see how well he plays with whatever protection he will have to start the year.  I don't see any need to hold him out until he doesn't need the protection.  I am fine with putting him out there and I don't see this as any big hero thing.  Sure, there are some players that would elect to sit over playing with a bad finger but you see guys out there with broken noses and other things all the time.  Good for Rondo.

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2014, 03:13:21 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
Why is RR in such a rush to comeback?

He needs to get healthy 100 percent first. To prevent any further injuries , so the team can prepare to trade him in good condition

Well if he was cleared for contact by the docs then he is cleared for contact.  How long passed cleared for contact would you say is appropriate Dr. Triboy?

This is the guy who got his elbow dislocated, and then came back in the same game.  He sat a lot of last year.  I am sure he is itching to get back and play ball.  It shouldn't surprise anyone.