Author Topic: Bill & Jalen's Celtics Preview  (Read 10174 times)

Bill & Jalen's Celtics Preview
« on: October 16, 2014, 10:19:29 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBygyXd4i3k

If it's on the front page or in another thread, I didn't see it, but figured this is something everybody would be interested in.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Re: Bill & Jalen's Celtics Preview
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 10:23:27 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
This is better than Nyquil.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 10:57:20 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I've watched the 8 minutes, and analysis/opinions aside, it just seems incredibly uninformed and ignorant which is disappointing considering it has Bill Simmons in there.

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 10:59:03 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I've watched the 8 minutes, and analysis/opinions aside, it just seems incredibly uninformed and ignorant which is disappointing considering it has Bill Simmons in there.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 11:00:33 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

When considering all the other talk heads, he at least at times figures to be a bit more prepared on what is going on in the Celtics organization. So yes, a bit serious from a facts/information context.

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 11:07:35 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
What was so controversial or ill-informed about this preview? He liked the guys we got in the draft, hopes Rondo doesn't waste his prime on a rebuilding team, and has realistically low expectations for our record this season. Why the criticism? Because he's not being a total homer?

When Jalen started talking about free agency, that could be considered a little uninformed since we didn't have a lot of cap space this year and it didn't make sense to sign guys while we're rebuilding anyway.

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 11:09:36 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
What was so controversial or ill-informed about this preview? He liked the guys we got in the draft, hopes Rondo doesn't waste his prime on a rebuilding team, and has realistically low expectations for our record this season. Why the criticism? Because he's not being a total homer?

When Jalen started talking about free agency, that could be considered a little uninformed since we didn't have a lot of cap space this year and it didn't make sense to sign guys while we're rebuilding anyway.

Yes, the free-agency aspect, the talk about 3-pointers is ill-informed, the talk about the starters/bench players.

As I said, opinions/analysis aside, the facts/information they brought forward was not reality.

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 12:00:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Meh ...

Old hat

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 12:36:00 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Pretty spot on. This is a bottom 5 team. 

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 01:19:28 PM »

Offline kevingamble83

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
The only thing I really took issue with was when he said that Stevens might leave after this year if things don't drastically improve. I'm not sure how he came to that conclusion considering he signed a 6 year deal.

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 02:03:21 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The only thing I really disliked was the Rondo trade idea to NY.  I think it is terrible value that the media likes just for the idea of getting stars together. 

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 02:15:34 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The only thing I really disliked was the Rondo trade idea to NY.  I think it is terrible value that the media likes just for the idea of getting stars together.
Yeah if Rondo's going to get traded, get something of value for him.

A pick swap and one far flung future first isn't worth giving up the option to try and build around  Rondo in FA.

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 02:16:36 PM »

Online heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
did he say that the C's should trade Rondo and Wallace, swap picks for Shump, Amare, 2018 pick and swap picks?????

really????? Why in the world would we want Shump? we just locked up IMO a comparable SG in Bradley....This makes no sense to trade a PG for ANOTHER SG....

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 02:19:44 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Especially since Shumpert is coming up on a his own RFA situation.

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 02:33:27 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Agreed.

Doesn't even have the decency to include Tim Hardaway.

Bill is trolling Celtic fans with that one.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.