Author Topic: Way to get center with only giving up olynyk  (Read 1297 times)

Way to get center with only giving up olynyk
« on: October 16, 2014, 09:19:13 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lr7p7hz

boston
gives up: olynyk
Gets: adams

okc
gives up adams, jeremy lamb and r jackson
okc gets:afflalo

denver gives up:afflalo
denver gets:olynyk, jeremy lamb and r jackosn

why boston
we get a legit center with all star potential
steven adams

why OKC
  okc gets 3 stars of durant,westbrook and affalo
Then they have serke ibaka and  perkins. that is a extremely good starting line up

why denver
they get  1 solid prospect and a really good player in  lamb with a back-up pg in jackson.
they won't get more for afflalo
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Way to get center with only giving up olynyk
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 09:24:21 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
*chuckle*

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 09:27:59 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
you seem to have a real mad-on for Adams.  not sure why.  he's a propect that's only shown flashes of potential so far.

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 09:32:44 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Steven Adams height and potential is more valuable than Aflallo. Adams will be starting center for Thunder and not Perk

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 09:45:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Adams is playing well right now and you obviously do not follow other teams or you would know this fact.  DEN also gets hosed in this deal.   OKC I doubt would do it as well because Adams has been playing lights out.   Celtics would do it of course, because we are trade a bench guy for a stud and this is Celticsblog.   Here is some info to illuminate you on Adams this year.

That continued today when Adams has 22 points in just 21 minutes for the Thunder as they advanced their pre-season record to 2-1 with a 117-107 victory over the Grizzlies.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/10620645/Steven-Adams-continues-to-makes-NBA-waves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snfiwXWrWYo

OKC hangs up the phone laughing at this proprosal.  They are not going to trade Adams for Olynyk look at these stats.

Adams Preason stats this year.

FG .86%
6 RPG
2 BPG
18.6 PPG
all in 24 MPG

http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Steven-Adams/Summary/27993

This is why this trade has zero change of happening.   I doubt we have anyone on our roster that could net him, let alone Olynyk.  This is not NBA LIVE where you can trade with relative impunity.

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 09:55:31 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
olynyk's value has to be very low right now, hes not playing very well and its not going to get any easier for him. i'm worried :)

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 09:59:50 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Come on man!

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 10:00:21 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Maybe Portland would trade Meyers Leonard for Kelly Olynyk in an exchange of what ifs . . . . but would we even want that? I suppose it is worth thinking about. Leonard has a prototypical frame of an athletic center, which gives you something to work with.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 03:00:57 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'm tired of the Steven Adams love. He is an interesting prospect but honestly there were 49 centers in the league last year who were statistically better than him including Kelly Olynyk. You can talk intangibles all you want. Sure he screens like a goon and is extremely physical but let's not go crazy with praise. His averages last season were worse than Tyler Zeller's.

Here are a few gems that had a better PER than Adams last season:

Jared Sullinger, BOS   
Henry Sims, CLE/PHI
Jermaine O'Neal, GS   
Kelly Olynyk, BOS   
Jeff Withey, NO   
Andrew Bynum, CLE/IND   
Alexis Ajinca, NO   
Miles Plumlee, PHX   
Andrea Bargnani, NY   
Zaza Pachulia, MIL   
Ronny Turiaf, MIN   
Bismack Biyombo, CHA   
Robert Sacre, LAL   

He's not exactly lighting the world on fire.

Adams Preason stats this year.

FG .86%
6 RPG
2 BPG
18.6 PPG
all in 24 MPG

http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Steven-Adams/Summary/27993

This is why this trade has zero change of happening.   I doubt we have anyone on our roster that could net him, let alone Olynyk.  This is not NBA LIVE where you can trade with relative impunity.

Quoting preseason statistics is just sad. I don't even want to make a list of guys who looked like all stars in the preseason but couldn't hack it in the pros. Some of the best preseason stats this season are from guys like:

Andrew Goudelock
Dagan Yavzuri
Jeremy Pargo
Alex Tyus
Reggie Redding
Emir Preldzic
Nicolas Laprovittola

I know right! Trade for all of them!!! Pronunciation be [dang]ed!

I actually like Olynyk. He's a legitimate 7-footer who can play inside and out, has good hands and plays within himself. I said this before, his floor is probably Spencer Hawes and his ceiling is probably Kevin Love, not to put to fine a racial point on it. He holds a fair amount of value as a stretch 4 (ever popular in today's NBA). Think Ryan Anderson but taller and younger. He actually already outplays Spencer Hawes in every facet of the game while making half his salary. Oh and he's in very good company as far as his statistics are concerned.

Call me crazy but I'm okay with rolling another season without a true center. If we tank and grab Okafor/Towns/Stein or if we sign Gasol/Jordan/Jefferson I'm fine with that too. I hope we resign Rondo and get a high draft pick. I also hope that Sully and Smart make strides in their outside shooting. Losing Ron Adams might really hurt us :(