Author Topic: Trade ideas for the preseason  (Read 793 times)

Trade ideas for the preseason
« on: October 16, 2014, 04:02:13 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
After reading that Jeff Green will probably be easy to move and i think that he should move, i was thinking if Turner could fill that wing spot the right way. I like Jeff as a person, definitively a likable guy but even if he is our best scorer he is on top of his game now and will no improve. He said that he will try to be more of a leader this season but i don't think he will succeed. He will always be a non coscistent scorer , he will average 16-18 ppg but he is not very good rebounder or passer and he is average defensive player. So the problem is that he is a very good player but he will never be a first or even second best player on a contender team and he will ask probably 12-14 mil per season. Why paying a guy 14 mil when you know that he fulfilled his potential? That's why i was thinking DA to pool a trade for Jeff for a first round pick and than talk to Mark Cuban. Why?

I love Rondo but things are not going well for the C's. Rondo will probably fail to attract stars to come here and if he stays he will get paid probably 17-18 mil per season, on a rebuilding team.
There are not many options for Rondo right now and one of possible landing spots is Dallas. Cuban always search for stars.

Rondo + Wallace for Parsons + Wright

Celtics get one of the best SF in the league and 5 mil expiring deal of Wright
Mavs get star PG in Rondo and take Wallace's bad contract,

Mavs will be contenders with Dirk,Rondo,Chandler,Harris,Felton,Wallace
I know this is another trade Rondo topic but if a star isn't coming to Boston why giving RR 17-18 mil per season. A core of Sullinger, Bradley, Smart, Parsons could be very good. All we would need after this is a shot blocking center 

« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 05:15:58 AM by vgulab »