Author Topic: Celtics (2-3) at Sixers (1-3) Preseason Game #6 10/16/14  (Read 16698 times)

Re: Celtics (2-3) at Sixers (1-3) Preseason Game #6 10/16/14
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 08:04:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Zeller with a super easy hook shot. I was laughing when he made that

KO nice 3

ET , too many TO's

We are winning by 20

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 08:04:43 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Turner has hotdogged it tonight, looking a mess. 6ers or not, I want to see you make a solid play instead of trying to showboat!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2014, 08:05:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Loving the KO and Zeller front line.   Our defense is so much better having these two threes out there.  Mobile and high iq. 

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2014, 08:06:58 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Man, looking at the half, and the stats, the Sixers should be fined for putting out such a poor lineup of talent, even if it is preseason.

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2014, 08:10:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Loving the KO and Zeller front line.   Our defense is so much better having these two threes out there.  Mobile and high iq.
I'm not. Against the Sixers, yeah they may look good but against most other frontcourts in the league, YIKES, they will get killed.

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2014, 08:10:59 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'll never understand why people seem to be surprised that the Sixers are this bad.  They are fielding a team of people that no one's ever heard of.  Until recently, the roster page on their official NBA site didn't even have profile pictures of a good number of their players.

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2014, 08:11:22 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
It's looking like a rotation is shaping up. I am old school so twin towers is good for me. Then bring in Sully for a change of pace. Bass is yer 4th big, but will probably traded at the deadline anyway. It is interesting that Green and Turner in the lineup together works pretty well. Rondo, Bradley, Smart, Tuner is your backcourt rotation.

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2014, 08:12:04 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Tony Wroten's missed layup at the end of the half is one of the worst misses you will ever see in an NBA game.  The Sixers are just so bad.

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2014, 08:14:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Didn't see last nights game but every other game I have watched this pre-season, Sully has shown, from my point of view, that he is the best hope the C's have of developing a future All-Star. I think he's easily been the best young player the C's have on this team.
I've felt that way for a long time. People forget that he carried this team for most of last season.

I agree, but I think he needs to get in better shape to reach that potential.  I wish he would learn from Kevin Love and trim down.  I know it has been said many times, but it is really frustrating.  I think he could be close to the player Kevin Love is.
I just don't see Sullinger ever getting into the type of body you are discussing. His legs and backside and girth even with some fat would just be so much larger than Love. Don't get me wrong, I think he can loose some weight and will as the season progresses but I just do not see him getting much smaller or thinner. Just stronger and in overall better shape.

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2014, 08:14:25 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'm impressed with Zeller.  He will look nice as Towns or Okafor's backup next year.   :)

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2014, 08:14:50 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
I'm not. Against the Sixers, yeah they may look good but against most other frontcourts in the league, YIKES, they will get killed.
Missed last nights game, huh?  Raptors are pretty good this year and those two guys together looked very good. Zeller, KO, Green, Turner, Smart closed a 10 point gap quickly.

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2014, 08:15:33 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I'll never understand why people seem to be surprised that the Sixers are this bad.  They are fielding a team of people that no one's ever heard of.  Until recently, the roster page on their official NBA site didn't even have profile pictures of a good number of their players.

Exactly. If you want to tank, then fine, tank, but what they are doing is unnecessary and a total disrespect to the league. I mean, we can't even get a good practice match out of them, we would have been better off playing against BC or Umass tonight.

It's like when you show up to a local court and want to get a good game or two before you leave, and all you find are a bunch of 12 year olds. Nothing good comes out of playing a game with them. Same goes for this Sixers team.

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2014, 08:16:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Missed last nights game, huh?  Raptors are pretty good this year and those two guys together looked very good. Zeller, KO, Green, Turner, Smart closed a 10 point gap quickly.
Actually, yeah, I did miss last night's game but I still stand by my statement, regardless of what they did last night.

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2014, 08:18:50 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
Didn't see last nights game but every other game I have watched this pre-season, Sully has shown, from my point of view, that he is the best hope the C's have of developing a future All-Star. I think he's easily been the best young player the C's have on this team.
I've felt that way for a long time. People forget that he carried this team for most of last season.

I agree, but I think he needs to get in better shape to reach that potential.  I wish he would learn from Kevin Love and trim down.  I know it has been said many times, but it is really frustrating.  I think he could be close to the player Kevin Love is.
I just don't see Sullinger ever getting into the type of body you are discussing. His legs and backside and girth even with some fat would just be so much larger than Love. Don't get me wrong, I think he can loose some weight and will as the season progresses but I just do not see him getting much smaller or thinner. Just stronger and in overall better shape.
Yeah I agree, that's his body type but he could firm up some more as his career progresses. I think the Kevin Love comparison is a stretch.

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2014, 08:19:08 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Really hard to tell if this game tells us anything about the C's progress.  The sixers are looking absolutely terrible in this game and their D is so bad.