Author Topic: Having a problem accessing chatroom  (Read 8706 times)

Having a problem accessing chatroom
« on: October 15, 2014, 07:51:59 PM »

Offline bostonsportsfan

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 9
Just installed the recommended updated windows 8 browser like it told me to do ive put the 3 allow things on like I did the last time and chat wont load? Anybody else having problems? I would appreciate any help I can get

Celtics blog Chat Regular = Derek

Re: Having a problem accessing chatroom
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 08:46:38 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Just installed the recommended updated windows 8 browser like it told me to do ive put the 3 allow things on like I did the last time and chat wont load? Anybody else having problems? I would appreciate any help I can get

Celtics blog Chat Regular = Derek

I'm having no problem getting in D. Maybe it's Java, try a google search. Sorry.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 07:50:50 PM »

Offline bostonsportsfan

• Kristaps Porzingis
The message I am getting says "We encountered a problem while attempting to load the chat room. Please refresh this page and try again" I refresh the page and get the same message can anybody help me? Thirsty mentioned that she was having issues curious to know if anybody else is also just want to make sure its a Celtics blog issue not a me issue

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 09:12:07 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
The message I am getting says "We encountered a problem while attempting to load the chat room. Please refresh this page and try again" I refresh the page and get the same message can anybody help me? Thirsty mentioned that she was having issues curious to know if anybody else is also just want to make sure its a Celtics blog issue not a me issue

I think you need to try adjusting your java security again. I dunno what else it could be.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 01:29:33 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I adjusted the security  (there is no "medium" selection any more)...still can't get in.  If anyone knows what happened or how to fix it, please post.  I know last year some of  the CLNS staff couldn't get in the chat room either. 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 07:57:31 PM »

Offline bostonsportsfan

• Kristaps Porzingis
i am having the same security issues as thirsty is is there anybody besides thirsty that has had issues? I want to be in the chat tonight but I REALLY want to be in the chat for the season opener but with these issues its not going to happen

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 09:14:24 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Today Security block my java chat

I tried in every single security control and couldnt acces

Is there any chance we use another plataform or someone knows how to fix this

gracias

Edgar
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 09:16:24 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

I think you need to try adjusting your java security again. I dunno what else it could be.

where you do this ?  thank you
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 09:29:25 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

where you do this ?  thank you

search java security in the startup search, should come up. then set security to low

Re: Having a problem accessing chatroo
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 08:57:34 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
I have adjusted Java security settings, shak.  That doesn't take care of the problem.  Btw, have you been in the chat room during the last few games?  If yes, did the other regulars make it? 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 03:32:27 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
The same fix I posted in the last thread still works for me.

Search fo the java control panel or the java settings or "configure java," whatever it's called on your computer (the latter was under All Programs for me in Vista but it's in the control panel for Windows 7).  Go to the security tab and to the "edit site list."  Add http//client0.addonchat.com/current/scclient_en.zip.  If that doesn't work try adding http//client0.addonchat.com/current and http://www.celticsblog.com/pages/celticsblog-live-chat-2 as well.

Then it should work no matter what your security level is.  I don't know if you've already tried that, Thirsty and Edgar, but i figured I'd post it just in case.  Derek, I think you said you that worked for you last year, but I don't know how else to help.  Dumb suggestion:  make sure you typed it in carefully since you can't copy/paste it.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 02:28:15 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Thanks, mgent.  Jeff had given me that key a few years ago, but with all the computer problems I have had lately, I had forgotten it.  I will try getting in before the opening, just to make sure it works.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 10:34:55 PM »

Offline bostonsportsfan

• Kristaps Porzingis
that's already in my exception site list
heres my problem Security level only gives me 2 options for the windows 8 I was forced to download that one preseason game I tried to enter chat I get 2 options Very High and High So far ive been using high with the exception site list typed to perfection and im getting the same message under very high also im not getting any other options

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 07:02:54 PM »

Offline bostonsportsfan

• Kristaps Porzingis
Ok we are less than 30 mins away please anybody please help me get into this chatroom Tonight is opening night this is a special night I wanna be there!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 01:36:51 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
I never got in either, bostonsportsfan.  The game was a joy to watch, though!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...