Author Topic: What's with all the Pressey grumble???  (Read 5896 times)

Re: What's with all the Pressey grumble???
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2014, 12:19:56 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Pressey is a top of the line third string point guard. I'm not sure what that means, but, he is.

Nailed it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2014, 02:23:34 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
I'm confused, is Pressey not terrible? Cause I could swear he is terrible but that is only from watching him play basketball, maybe he is the world's best towel boy, I need to do some locker room reconnaissance and get back to you.

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2014, 04:11:18 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I'm confused, is Pressey not terrible? Cause I could swear he is terrible but that is only from watching him play basketball, maybe he is the world's best towel boy, I need to do some locker room reconnaissance and get back to you.
TP

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2014, 06:31:35 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Pressy is not a terrible Basketball player.

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2014, 06:34:45 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

Pressy is not a terrible Basketball player.
Please define 'terrible' in a way that would exclude players so terrible that even their fans do not remember how their name is spelt.

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2014, 06:58:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Pressey not a starter.  But , he's a great little spark plug to get the team whipped into shape in the second half when we seem to fall asleep at the wheel

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2014, 07:04:39 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
he's a great little spark plug
Your talent is being wasted in this blog. Go write a haiku collection. TP

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2014, 07:07:08 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

Pressey is not a terrible Basketball player.
Please define 'terrible' in a way that would exclude players so terrible that even their fans do not remember how their name is spelt.

What's with the insults? Alright I spelt Pressey's name wrong big deal, it does not detract from my point that he's not a terrible basketball player.

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2014, 07:10:53 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

Pressey is not a terrible Basketball player.

What's with the insults? Alright I spelt Pressey's name wrong big deal, it does not detract from my point that he's not a terrible basketball player.
Please do not take this personally. I apologize if I offended you in any way.

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2014, 07:15:09 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
It's all good.  :)

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2014, 07:21:39 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Pressey is a top of the line third string point guard. I'm not sure what that means, but, he is.

Nailed it.

I'd call that the opposite of nailing it, given what his production was.  A top of the line third string point guard is what we had the year before:  Leandro Barbosa.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2014, 03:20:56 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Press really is not that bad a player at all.

If you judge him based on his stats on a standard box score, then sure he's not that impressive.

But pretty is a Marquis Daniels type, in that he does a lot of the little things that don't show up on the box score.  He hustles hard, he plays tough pressure defense, he has very good court vision and is a skilled passer and ball handler.

Correct, he does not shoot or score especially well.  True he's a little undersized, but not chronically so (at 5'11" 1/2 he's about the same height as Kyle Lowry).

He's basically the only traditional PG on this team after Rondo, so I really don't mind him at all.  He almost always does good things when he gets on the court and I tend to find the teams plays better when he's on the court much of the time.