Author Topic: What's with all the Pressey grumble???  (Read 5897 times)

What's with all the Pressey grumble???
« on: October 15, 2014, 01:29:37 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Seems I'm seeing an awful lot of anti Phil Pressey stuff on the forum!!! I like the kid and I think he really regenerates the line-up when he's put in there.  he gives us some real punch at the right time and if we get rid of him I think it's crazy!!!

Re: What's with all the Pressey grumble???
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 01:33:02 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Because people, including you in your post, talk about him like he's something more than the 2nd string PG on a bad team or a 3rd string PG on a decent team.

He brings okay passing, speed, and hustle, but he's defensively weak for all his ball hawking and couldn't shoot a lick last year. Defensive liabilities who can't score don't do much for your team.

He absolutely needs to hit 37% or so on his threes to stay on the court, finishing a layup or two would also be big.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 01:34:23 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I haven't heard much if anything from Pressey at all... so I'm surprised you found "an awful lot" dealing with Pressey.

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 01:38:14 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I haven't heard much if anything from Pressey at all... so I'm surprised you found "an awful lot" dealing with Pressey.
When people talk about him as a must keep on the roster I'm sure they get push back pretty much everytime. Leads to the inaccurate perception that he gets a lot of gruff.

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 01:38:56 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I see him as a poor man's JJ Barea

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 01:40:13 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
It was probably more (the grumbling) from his summer league play, which means nothing.

I've seen a young player that keeps learning and working.  He's got a chance to be a decent player in the league, and from where he's come from, that isn't to bad.  He's a hard worker and is learning from the best PG in the NBA.

If he keeps working, he'll have a job somewhere for years to come.  I think Ainge loves the kid so I think that job will be here.  Mostly as a backup, but who knows.  Keep the development going with the kid.  Long ways to go.

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
When people talk about him as a must keep on the roster I'm sure they get push back pretty much everytime. Leads to the inaccurate perception that he gets a lot of gruff.

Well yeah, that's because he's fairly irrelevant at the moment.

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 01:47:22 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I see him as a poor man's JJ Barea
No way, JJ Barea has always been a small shooting/scoring guard. Pressey doesn't look to score first. They're both really tiny and fast but that's it.

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 01:51:14 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Yup.  He's more like a poor man's 38 year old Andre Miller.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 02:27:24 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Right now PP is pretty much like the rest of our roster--terrible---but young(for the most part), and still learning--if they were anything more we'd have won more than a couple dozen games last year.  Not picked by most "experts" to do any better this year!
Hopefully our young players, including PP, have used the offseason to hone their skills and will make us pleasantly surprised with their play this year!

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 02:36:35 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Right now PP is pretty much like the rest of our roster--terrible---but young(for the most part), and still learning--if they were anything more we'd have won more than a couple dozen games last year.  Not picked by most "experts" to do any better this year!
Hopefully our young players, including PP, have used the offseason to hone their skills and will make us pleasantly surprised with their play this year!

I object to your use of "PP".

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 02:40:32 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I object to your use of "PP".

I ready that as Paul Pierce is much like the rest of our roster - terrible

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 02:40:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Right now PP is pretty much like the rest of our roster
No, he's not. Unless you're implying  that the rest of the roster consists of players who are all too small for their positions, and can't shoot.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 02:53:49 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I like the kid too and its unfortunate that he'll never be more than a 3rd string back up. That's just the way it is for him.

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 03:09:28 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
His ceiling is probably a cheap end of the bench guy that is pretty one dimensional. Still not bad for an undrafted pickup last year.